The Corroboree
Torsten

Chemical Shaman we will miss you

It is with a sad heart that I have to share this terrible news. Chemical Shaman has died in an accident involving a waterfall. Details are still vague, but those who knew him would know that he was living on the edge - literally, and that he probably died doing something he loved.

Will post more as I find out.

Miss you denis :(

edit: for details on the memorial please see HERE

ohh dear

this is sad news indeed

RIP CS.

One of a kind and will be missed.

:(

Indeed

always planned to get to know Denis a bit better but never had the chance to spend much time with him.

Much love to his close friends.

Never got to meet they guy, but he sounded worth meeting to put it mildly.

He sure had me laughing with some of his contributions here and the misuse of others accounts foolishly left logged in and unattended.

I hope he died happy.

I am so sorry to hear this.

I didn't know Denis very well...I was looking forward to spending a little time with him on his way through Sydney.

What a wit; so creative and full of energy...that sparkle in his eyes. Like a shooting star.

My heart goes out to his friends and family; Torsten and Sina and I know you were both very close with Denis, my sincere and heartfelt condolences. Much love.

he is a legend, EGA just wont feel the same.

RIP

EDIT -

Edited by Amulte

What a wit; so creative and full of energy...that sparkle in his eyes. Like a shooting star.

Much love to him and all the antics and laughs he bought us here over the years, shall be missed bro!

Even though you might not believe in them.... they certainly believe in you.... and your belief systems are of little to no concern to them whatsoever. And so you know, when I get inside those realms... and I do the work that needs to be done...... im doing that for you.... im doing that for everyone.... we all are....... all of us crazies with the wild imaginations..... because for us it's not a matter of believing.... it's a matter of knowing.

I didnt know CS but what a mind. I am sorry if this is an intrusion, so I will just say love and light for your journey CS.

The end of an era.

Many a time I nearly split my sides laughing at his posts here. I didn't know him well either, but he will be missed.

Edited by Yeti101

I didn't know him but I hope his family and friends get through this OK. He sounds like a very funny and interesting person RIP.

Never got to meet they guy, but he sounded worth meeting to put it mildly.

He sure had me laughing with some of his contributions here and the misuse of others accounts foolishly left logged in and unattended.

I hope he died happy.

Thank you for posting that :)

.terrible news.

very sorry to hear this.

condolences to all of Denis' friends and family.

He was one of a kind alright, i sure havent met another.

I shall whip up the maddest pot of chai in ur honour tonight.

will be pondering ur majic tricks till the day i die.

one things for sure, no mother will be safe in the afterlife.

Edited by incognito

Chemsha gone, fuggit to hell... I adore that guy. He was funny and loving and staunch and I'll miss him more than I can stand to think

This news has blown me away. I was looking forward to seeing him on his way back down when he passed through Sydney. Fuck.

RIP Denis. You'll be missed by many.

this is fuct.

i spoke to him just this monday. he was still in cairns but was intending to drive down to sydney. he seemed to be having a blast up there and in true CS form he told me that he was looking forward to fondling my wog balls wub.gif

this might make me sound lame, but i always looked up to him because he possessed a lot of qualities that i valued and felt i lacked. he was funny, never took shit too seriously and was always up for having a good time.

my thoughts are with his family and to all who knew him.

alas, only the good die young.

this might make me sound lame, but i always looked up to him because he possessed a lot of qualities that i valued and felt i lacked. he was funny, never took shit too seriously and was always up for having a good time.

Doesn't sound lame at all - I think a lot of us more serious types felt that way about him :)

you'll be missed like you wouldn't believe mate, what a loss, hope you're resting comfortably, never to be forgotten.

rip.

i remember see-ing his posts years ago when i wasnt a member here but just reading threads etc online surfing, if i recall correct he didnt post much in the last year or so but a few weeks ago he was back for a bit, i think when 'being' passed, what a brilliant avatar too he had. very sad loss for the community and obviously his friends and family, best wishes chemical shaman.

the even harder part is knowing it was all too soon when we would see his face, been thinking about him lots lately and was looking forward to seeing him in the very near future. What a bright spark, this is hard :(

Terrible news indeed, is extemely hard when one is taken so young. My thoughts go out to all those close to Denis.

A few people have privately wondered about denis' state of mind after Being's passing recently and how this might be connected to his own death. I talked to denis several times the last few days and while he was sad about Being the week before, he was also really happy about the rest of his life and about life itself. Things were going well for him and he had just spent an amazing few weeks in the tropics having an absolute ball, with lots of plans for the next few weeks. I've seen denis in all states of mind [incl extremely depressed some years ago] and I think it is pretty safe to assume this was not a suicide in the sense that he wanted to die. It may well have been a misguided attempt at flying, but most likely it was just denis being denis, ie playing too close to the edge without perception of the dangers. As much as he loved life, I always knew he wouldn't get old [and I think he did too]. I held my breath every time he went on a road trip, checking up on him along the way to make sure he got to his next destination safely. My greatest worry was always that he would either take someone else with him or not do it properly. As I had assumed he had already left Cairns I was in that usual state of waiting for bad news. And then it came. Not quite the way I expected it though.

It's been such a sad day :(

Ronny mentioned something about organising a memorial get together, so I hope everyone keeps their eyes peeled here for details.

If anyone has contact details for his parents or anything that might help in making contact with them please get in touch. I am sure quite a few of us would like to attend the funeral.

R.I.P brother, you are loved and will be missed. I am overwhelmed with grief for my own loss, i know what fun you were having up north and will now have to miss out on your stories. You have lived the lives of ten men. If you are reading this Denis, god may not want a reach around but i'm sure you'll mention it anyway. My condolences to all who knew him.

Edited by waterdragon

I'm sorry for all those that have lost a friend. It seems, around here he will be remembered with a smile and never forgotten.