The Corroboree
planthelper

burqa bann

its the great thong conspiracy. work that one out and u have unlocked the mystery of the universe.

its the great thong conspiracy. work that one out and u have unlocked the mystery of the universe.

imo I believe it has something to do sexually deprived testosterone filled body building security guards who wish to assert their masculinity toward males, lol nobody want to reject entry to any female over insufficient footwear,especially if the pub ratio of male to female is unbalanced but meh who really cares lol

you have now reached enlightenment.

you say, indicators make facial expressions unnecessary in traffic conditions?

no, you are wrong, what about 4 cars comming to an intersection at excactly the same time?

all have to give way to right, and it (way of right to go) goes in an instant circle, and can only be sorted by hand movment and facial expression.

4 cars arriving at the same time to an intersection and one of the drivers is wearing a burqa?

Planthelper, I've been driving for over 10 years now and I have to say I have never experienced that. Of course it could happen, but if that's the best you can do for the potential dangers of burqa wearing then you have a long way to go to convince me, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

specific cultural issues like this really should be left to the members of that community to deal with... i don't necessarily feel positively about women wearing burqa's but really thats none of my business if i'm not associated with & don't understand the social structures of that culture no?

a nicely worn hijab on the other hand i can find quite beautiful...

the overall risk that women wearing burqa's pose on the roads is pretty silly isn't it PH? not to discount your experience..

• Like 1

Hhhmmmm?

What next?... Ban The Botox.... Women with no facial expression?

What about people with bells palsy?

Facial burns victim?

Lazy eye?

Why not just ban them from driving? not just ban the Hijab?

To encroach on our civil liberties with matters so trivial I do'nt believe should be the work of a gubament.

lissen, you can put that thread down as much as you like, and obviously the traffic dangers a burga causes are here not as prevailing as in europe for example.

you think, just be cause an accident happening the way i say, is remote, the danger does not excist at all??

you are the haters, not me, because you put a spinn on this thread, which has nothing to do with me.

i don't like it if something poses a traffic danger, that all!!!!!

you say, reading facial expressions, is not important in traffic conditions??

if i drive in any capital city, but mostly say european cities, at rush hour, you know what everybody does???

drivers there change lanes very often, drivers there often, run red or orange lights, drivers there often stopp apruptly, and all this is made only save by reading a face, people don't even use hand signals.

driving there at rush hour, one always uses the rear mirror and looks at the face of the people behind, as a total safty feature, because only to indicate is far too dangerous, one has to make sure, the driver behind, is aware of your intentions.

if i stopp, at an intersection, i always look in the mirror, if by chance, the car behind me, might have difficulty stopping in time, now this technic, has twice in my life minimized, the accident that happend.

because i saw, the person did not pay attention to the traffic.

i will not, participate in this thread anymore, because you totaly twisted the topic.

poor people you are, to blame me for anti islamic views, because i don't have any.

Wow, regardless of burqas specifically, it sounds like Europe's chock-full of shitty driver goodness blink.gif

obama-bicycles-chicago.jpg

problem solved.

When living in London for some nine years apart from using the brilliant public transport system my only form of transport was a pushy...I've ridden thousand s of miles around London on a bike over the years, I used to love it, especially tripping or molly'd up...I once rode from Holloway down to Brixton for a psytrance party on the friday night and then rode back the next morning after consuming god knows how many earth print blotters and a hundred hash spliffs...the feeling cruising back through the city at dawn tripping and smiling like a lunatic was just sooooo damned cool fun.

it came to me yesterday, that i hate it aswell if bike riders have there visar down in medium speed town traffic conditions, because again i can't see there face.

i haven't had ridden the bike for a few years, before using it again, and i have not ridden much in london, but many of the big cities, totaly promote the bike.

i find bike riding extreemly benefical to my mental health, special dirt tracks, hehe.

there was a serious study, which found out that parkinson people, did not shake (for a while) after, a bike ride!!!

the sience behind it was not understood, but even a short ride obviously can change your brain chemistry.

you think, just be cause an accident happening the way i say, is remote, the danger does not excist at all??

you are the haters, not me, because you put a spinn on this thread, which has nothing to do with me.

i don't like it if something poses a traffic danger, that all!!!!!

yeah you're right PH i didn't pay enough attention to the wording of the OP. to the title question i say no, they shouldn't be banned, because the implications of a political action like that are very worrying & it's a complex issue & history shows that dealing with cultural differences through force is not a positively effective way of going about things.

but perhaps you mean... should they be banned whilst driving? that would be another story i guess.. (not sure if thats been mentioned, ive not read the whole thread)

you make a good point there paradox,

i would probably be happy to have it banned for driving.

so why does my ponytail offend the muslims?

and i have "felt that", on many of my travells.

For some reason, men with ponytails offend a LOT of people ("I thought I told you to get rid of those sideburns!") of all religions. I don't quite get why a person's hair is so offensive, unless you've got "fuck yo mama" shaved into the back or something. I had cropped and bleached hair for a little while for something different and the amount of morons who assumed I must be a lesbian (no, I just don't want to have sex with YOU, dropkick) was amazing.

Long hair on men, in general, seems to bug many people. Over here I just always assumed it was mainly residuals of early to mid 20th century conservativeism. Really tight arsed fuckers that think men should look a certain way and women should look a certain way.

200px-B_barb02.JPG

200px-B_ward01.JPG

I also blame homophobes, if some homophobe thinks someone with long hair has a nice ass, and then realizes its a guy, they will likely hate guys with long hair.

Just today I was ridding around scouting for interesting plants and other general frolicking activities wearing tight pants, tie dye shirt, a hat covered in feathers, a bag covered in sparkly chains, ornaments, and gem stones, and my long slightly wavy brown hair not in its usual ponytail and I got a few whistles from redneck lookin' guys passing me from behind in pickup trucks who I'm reasonably sure were Not gay. (There are card carrying rednecks here that are gay but they do not whistle at guys in public :lol: )

Once again I think the answer to more peace is just letting people do their own thing in their own way and, for the most part, not giving a shit.

I dont give a shit what people are wearing or not wearing cause tis none of my concern, I dont give a shit if men look a bit more 'feminine' or women look a bit more 'butch', I dont give a shit if people are gay, straight, or only fuck cantelopes unless of course its someone I'd like to fuck :wink: , and I dont give a shit if women wear a burqa, hijab, niqab, floppy hat, or a cute ribbon around their neck.

If I got all worked up about that stuff it'd just be me giving myself pointless stress about stuff that have nothing to do with me and I dont choose to abuse myself in that way just as I dont choose to walk on broken glass for no reason.

Better, healthier living through minding your own frikking business B)

• Like 2