Normally when people talk about getting off on nutmeg they are ridiculed or chastised. But many folks here know that I have pursued allylbenzene metabolism issues for many years and have a lot of good experiences under my belt with certain nutmeg oils. In various threads on these forums I have provided details about how to effectively use nutmeg (or other allylbenzene oils) - and how not to use it However there were two major problems. 1) I never analysed the initial batch of oil I was doing my experiments with or even kept a sample of it. 2) Since 1995 I have not been able to source a nutmeg oil that provided me with the effects I achieved with the oil from prior to 95. The flavour suggested it was of a different composition to later oils. Later oils seemed to never have more than 1% allylbenzenes. While the bioassays could have also been done with safrol, apiol or elemicin, the latter two are not available in a single compound form, and the former I appear to have a taste aversion to (ie full on gag-reflex). Consuming unidentified mixed oils might have been something I was willing to do in my 20's, but these days I want more scientific milage out of my suffering Today I am overjoyed! I received two materials that will require MUCH in depth experimentation Firstly, I received some freshly dried mace (the aril around the nutmeg seed). My research suggests that mace is more likely to be high in myristicin than the nutmeg itself. My first taste of it has been quite surprising. keeping in mind that I had the pleasure of getting some 2 week old nutmegs last year which were the most aromatic thing I've ever encountered, I was surprised by how pungent the mace is when broken or chewed. Like a 2 y.o. toddler I had to stick it in my mouth . It was strong and bitter, and nowhere near as floral as nutmeg. Bingo! For the first time in 10 years I recognised the taste of the pre-95 nutmeg oil. It's now been abou 15 minutes since I nibbled about 1/5th of a an aril (an aril weighs about 0.5g) and the tip of my tongue is still numb. It has an ever so slight menthol type cooling effect, but the numbing is more pronounced and much longer acting than menthol. I remember this numbing from the pre-95 nutmeg essential oil. The other surprise is a 100ml bottle of nutmeg oil that arrived today. It is apparently from a high myristicin strain. Both aroma and taste indicate this is true. So after 10 years of drought I finally get two promising materials in one day. I intend to get both analysed before starting bioassays, so don't expect results too soon. I should also note that a couple of weeks ago I got a bottle of mace essential oil (in the assumption it would be high in myristicin). Turns out it had 0% constituents with boiling ooint over 200 degC ie no myristicin whatsoever. This only reinforces my belief that all processed nutmeg and mace oils are fractionally distilled and the myristicin sold separately. Some oil producers in Indonesia have openly admitted this, so it appears common and accepted practice. The mace is now available in the shop. I will try to get the nutmeg oil for the shop too, but not sure what customs thinks about that yet....