The Corroboree
btotl

Plant to help with anxiety?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with plants and anxiety?

And what do you think most effective was?

Cannabis worked for me, but started the anxiety, so . . .

Cannabis is well know to aggrivate most anxiety problems - i wouldnt recommend that

And its illegal :innocent_n:

Reading up on Sceletium tortuosum, sounds interesting keen to try it out.

Any vendors recommended?

Cannabis is well know to aggrivate most anxiety problems - i wouldnt recommend that

And its illegal :innocent_n:

Indica dominant strains of Cannabis can be helpful for some people's anxiety issues. Sativa dominant strains, or even worse the Diesel strains, tend to be the ones causing anxiety in most people. Some people like them though.

kava!

As for vendors i just grow my own - drying in the oven or fermenting itin the sun both works really well

Its quite a nice plant and also goes well with other substances

Indica dominant strains of Cannabis can be helpful for some people's anxiety issues. Sativa dominant strains, or even worse the Diesel strains, tend to be the ones causing anxiety in most people. Some people like them though.

Too true. Original Sour D produced the worst anxiety ever! And i mean ever!! I ended up calling it "The Evil". Indi good, hazes almost as bad as sourD.

Yep Kava although high does can also be a bit weird.

Cali poppy or scullcap tea with a bit of passionflower are also great calmatives.

Saffron is good at a mild dose or you if you dont mind something synthetic you could try GABA which is total gold for anxiety.

If your feeling particularly restless in your anxiety then sceletium/kana may not be the best choice because it can be quite stimulating,

Too true. Original Sour D produced the worst anxiety ever! And i mean ever!! I ended up calling it "The Evil". Indi good, hazes almost as bad as sourD.

Exactly. We sound like we'd get on well :)

Edited by Bread Filter

Just a thought on the kava, I’m guilty of consuming more than a healthy amount and find it doesn't relieve anxiety for me. When I'm worrying about something and have kava, I just worry about it in a different way. Maybe worry is different to anxiety.

I find Tulsi tea helps calm me down a bit. (Ocimum tenuiflorum)

he huan pi or he huan hua, i have found to be quite effective, in combination with fu ling

the he huans are the happiness mimosa, the flowers taste better than the bark IMO

he huan pi is bark he huan hua is flowers

fu ling is poria fungus, these herbs are known to reduce anxiety and to bring about calmness, i think they work better over a period of time, not a quick fix

Just a thought on the kava, I’m guilty of consuming more than a healthy amount and find it doesn't relieve anxiety for me. When I'm worrying about something and have kava, I just worry about it in a different way. Maybe worry is different to anxiety.

I get anxiety from the Vanuatu Kava. It has some weird psychoactive effects for me. Makes me feel weird.

I was reading this & thught it interesting, common weed around here: Sonchus oleraceus

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19397983

http://www.bpi.da.gov.ph/Publications/mp/pdf/g/gagatang.pdf

"RESULTS: In the elevated plus-maze test, the Sonchus oleraceus extracts increased the percentage of open arm entries (P<0.05) and time spent in the open-arm portions of the maze (P<0.05). The extracts induce an anti-thigmotactic effect, evidenced by increased locomotor activity into the central part of the open field set-up (P<0.05). The extracts administered at 30-300 mg/kg, p.o. had a similar anxiolytic effect to clonazepam (0.5 mg/kg, p.o.).

CONCLUSION: These data indicate that Sonchus oleraceus extract exerts an anxiolytic-like effect on mice."

Kavas good, you do'nt need much for anxiolytic effects I found. But a full eperience can be good to chill & destress.

Anyone used valerian?, hops? for antianxiety?

i've found cutting out caffeine, nicotine and other stimulants to be a good way to reduce anxiety. damiana is a good replacement.

valerian is helpful to induce sleep, just don't take too much as it can be quite unpleasant at larger doses, plus it tastes a bit funky. maybe a teaspoon is enough.

its not a plant but i've found GABBA supplements to work wonders for reducing anxiety.

just sitting down for 15minutes and deep breathing is good too.

I find 4-5 chamomile teabags steeped for a few minutes to be a surprisingly potent sleep aid. I have found a couple teabags produce an anxiolit effect but did make me slightly sleepy.

I like valerian and mexican valerian as well. I find it really helpful for the more bodily affects of anxiety. A high dose can put me out for ten hours.

Another thing I find helps when you need to be calm but alert during work etc is a reasonable dose of panax ginseng and a small dose of valerian.

kavakavakavakavakavakava

Kanna, Kava, Rholdia rosea, etc.

good answeres!

i can feel the negative side effects of many good plant drugs aswell,

in simple terms, scullcap, sceletium, and others (even gaba) can raise my anxiety levels aswell.

so avoid high doses.

i think alcoholic coral tree extracts could be worth investigating.

Valerian is the best I have found. I like a high dose, up to 25 grams brewed with the lid on to make a tea, which I serve with honey.

I drink Kava most nights recreationally but funnily find it can sometimes increases anxiety, especially as it wears off.

Blue lotus is good for anxiety, and seems to remove anxiety caused by cannabis.

While opium works it leaves swim more prone to anxiety the following day. Certainly not a long term option.

St Johns wort combined with Rhodiola is good.

Aswaganda is good.