The Corroboree
The Deb-One-Amine

Bliss n Eso

Bliss n eso Have a New Album Out You Find It Around the Net But Support Aussie hip hop and get it from Jb Hi-Fi

Here Is one Of There Songs Off The Album:

if you've heard there old stuff they have definitely changed in terms of expressing there real selves.. lots of Straight foreward but hushed hints as well

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine
  • Like 1

the culture behind "hip hop" doesnt sit with me to well far to much violence and anger

big things can be achieved without having to throw around your animalistic desires

• Like 1

maybe you have your opinion set from eminem and the american hip hop scene but aussie hip hop has never been about violence and anger maybe you have never givin it a go

big diff between a hip hoppn writer and a gang bangn rapper.

Au stuff seems to be gettn a lil more complex which is nice.

Lazy grey likes to drink :P

big diff between a hip hoppn writer and a gang bangn rapper.

Au stuff seems to be gettn a lil more complex which is nice.

Lazy grey likes to drink :P

Correct buddy In melbourne yeah we have Mc/Rappers that are Straight Up Carlton Commission Flat kids that rhythm about the struggles of Aussie kids and then we have people like pez, pegz, hilltop hoods, Lazy grey as you said, bias b, Phrase.. most Aussie hip hop has alot to do with the art scene unlike Americas gang bangin bullshit bliss and eso have changed there style which i would gladely say they have used ethogens and Hallucinogenics and drop hints at it...

Complex aint the world they are rippin the shit up..ive never heard music that i beileve to be 100% how the artist feeels untill i heard b n e's ne album

ive heard a shroom reference in nearly all bliss n essos songs.

i dont mind em at all. dont mind some of hilltop hood stuff either.

sorry stitched up, i love you man, but that was one of the most ignorant things I've heard you say. Hip hop is the truth my brother, it is real! It's just hard to find the good stuff unless you're introduced to it. If you don't know, now you know... hehe I'll hook ya up some beats next time i see ya! B)

incog, there's a few cactus references in aus hiphop too! and yes Hilltops are master poets!

also I gotta say every artist has crap, but if there's at least one or two things they make that is absolute 100% the dopeness, i still give em mad props!

the culture behind "hip hop" doesnt sit with me to well far to much violence and anger

big things can be achieved without having to throw around your animalistic desires

I find that the true core of the scene in Australia is fairly ego driven cant speak for Melbs but sydney and Newcastle has alot of ego. I love Hip Hop but the scene turns me off, more something i like to hear when im driving or in the car. The recorded Hip Hop is great. I reckon there would be gigs out there that i would love and be fully able to let go, i just haven't found them yet.

Would love to hear some def poetry style with aussie artists... :)

Edited by Slybacon

Hip hop is about ego for sure. It's about building your own persona so you can express yourself. Through your own ego's perspective artistically express the transcendent, what we can all relate to, through poetry I see me in you. If you don't believe that your words are top shit you'll have no confidence in saying them, you won't be able to say them and nobody would hear them, there'd be no self-reflection of the collective, without a strong sense of ego to express this reflection.

Through building a strong sense of ego you can actually say something, all great artists have huge ego, they use as a medium to transport you into a 'beyond-ego' or transpersonal world where, "Yea boi! that's a sick line, totally connects with my mind.. it's like you share your mind with mine".

Having said that, the ego building aspect that gives the community its' strength and bad ass better than you-ness, is what gives it its' arrogance and lack of self-reflection... which brings on the irony and self reflection, hiphop is as dichotomous as any expression, but to dismiss it all as ego driven would be the same as saying all rock music is bad, cuz most of them are right proper tools.

Even dj's think they're top shit a lot of the time.

...anyway back to the hiphop culture, I post this with tongue in cheek cuz there's a lotta tops people in this community fo sho!

I know his dad's abusive

And his mum prefers the daughter;

I know he's got an attention

Deficiency disorder;

He is culturally excluded

And genetically inbred:

But the reason he's a homeboy

Is because he's a dickhead.

Tell me why?

Tell me why?

Tell me why... he's a homeboy?

Tell me why?

Tell me why?

We all support empowerment

And positive discrimination

When your class, your race, your age, your face

Determine your social station;

A baseball cap and a love of rap

Might need sympathy - but, still,

Possibly a homeboy could be

A dickhead pure and simple.

Tell me why?

Tell me why?

Tell me why... he's a homeboy?

Tell me why?

Tell me why?

In The Brothers Karamazov

Here's what Dostoyevsky said:

"Know your enemy well enough

And you will pity them instead"

Pity soon will turn to love

Is what Jesus Christ once knew.

They changed their minds the day when,

they met a homeboy crew.

Tell me why...

• Like 1

Yeah, this comment doesn't sit well with me. Violence and animalistic desires are a part of the human experience. It gets projected in all genres of music.

Debussy wrote pieces about chicks he wanted to shag,

"Jazz", as a word, was originally a synonym for shag

Rock is about as ego driven as it could possibly be.

Music is an expression of the human condition, and music is great. Some expressions, in all genres, are about violence or sex and some expressions are about the divine. As an example of hip hp with a divine message, try

Having said that, the ego building aspect that gives the community its' strength and bad ass better than you-ness, is what gives it its' arrogance and lack of self-reflection... which brings on the irony and self reflection, hiphop is as dichotomous as any expression, but to dismiss it all as ego driven would be the same as saying all rock music is bad, cuz most of them are right proper tools.

Its not so much the artists ego more the punters im referring to. I love Hip Hop but I haven't gone to a gig when i have felt comfortable enough to relax and get into the vibe.

Honestly i love aussie hip hop, the lyrics are deep and meaningful, matter of fact im actually going to see blizz and eso on Friday and 4pm in king square brisbane cbd.... maybe i will...it is free..

theres defently a Huge difference from Gangster rap to Hip hop especially aussie hip hop, "hilltop hoods - stoping all stations", tell me that isnt deep!!!

Attention haters, This song should change your mind... you are just brainwashed from gangster rap...

Edited by vual

to be honest i dont like that hilltop song haha.

vocals r hard on the ears.

i like some of heir stuff, but yeah whoever is doing that lead rap is the vocalist with the hoods that makes me turn the dial down.

is M.I.A hip-hop?? i LOVE her stuff. and shes so fuking sexy it does my head in.

but yeah i do appreciate the aussie hip-hop story telling.

my nephews arte big bliss n esso fans and theres not much of their stuff i dont like. much better rapping than hilltop hoods IMO, however the hoods dj is pretty damn awesome.

i hafta admit i was a HUGE fan of old school gangsta rap lol. I used to have Eazy E and Biggee Smalls on full blast as a littlen much to my folks protests. I loved the production dre did on eazy e's records.

still dont mind pullin out a bit of eazy e.

But yeah to keep to the thread, big-ups to bliss n esso. i likey.

edit- was it bliss n esso that did the cover f redgums 'only 19?' whoever that was it was the shiz.

ah after utubing it was the herd. very good work on this 1.

Edited by incognito

theres a really awesome song by horrorshow (aus hip hop i take it? or could be nz hiphop i dunno) its called "the rain" have had a scout on youtube but only a live version (which is shit IMO) if anyone could find the recorded version and link it that would be awesome.

there was a recorded version a while ago but seems its been taken down. somethin to do with violaion of terms of use.

lyrics:

THE RAIN

Have you ever had a day that you wanted to erase?

Tear the page out the history books and try again

But you knew that you couldn't so you put on a brave face

and waited till you could make your escape

And when you finally got away

from the people and the gossip and the judgement in their gaze

You let your guard down and something just gave

All of a sudden, tears falling till they running down your face

Whatever it was, you fought with your friend

or your boss, or maybe you got a heart that won't mend

Or you struggling with the rent, or missing something you lost

Or maybe you're just tired of pretending

You feel the weight like a pain in your chest

till you strain and you ache and you break and you sob

And it's grey till it stops, till it fades

Till it's gone like the tears sorta washed it all away

Sometimes I like to think it's the same with drops of rain

That each one's just a tear falling off of God's face

Sitting all alone in the clouds looking down on us all

Watching every mistake that was ever made

Every bit of pain, every murder, every rape

Every person who's having a shitty day

Taking it all in till he breaks down and cries

Till his eyes dry up and he gets on with it again

And I had this very faith tested on an ordinary day

I was walking down a busy street around my way

I saw a face in the crowd that made my heart skip a beat

A man who looked exactly like an older version of me

So I moved through the hustle and the bustle of the day to day

until me and this man stood face to face

We locked eyes and for a moment time moved in slow motion

as the crowd around continued on their paper chase

I stood frozen in disbelief and opened my mouth to speak

But to my surprise the words wouldn't come

And then he looks into a clear blue sky up above

and say "it's gonna rain", and then it does

And as the rain came down like missiles from the sky

set on a collision course from the heavens to the ground

He's just standing in the middle of it all

Unconcerned by the panic and the people running round

So I stepped to this man with my hand outstretched

Just to offer him some help to get the storm up off his head

He took my hand down and we stood getting drenched

He looked me in the eyes with a smile, this is what he said

Hush child, from the joy to the pain

It'll all wash away in the rain

So play this song on the days when the rain keeps on

and you wait and you pray it'll stop

And if you stuck in a storm, then spare a second for the thought

that we all at the mercy of the gods

So instead of looking for somewhere to place the blame

Accept it as a part of that big lazy eight

Go outside and stand under the clouds

and embrace it as the rain keeps plummeting down

And say: Hush child, from the joy to the pain

From the million dollar brands to the tags on the train

From the birth to the dirt man, the cradle to the grave

What's been and gone will come again

So hush child, from the joy to the pain

Lucky we still have Baz (Dj Debris) from the Hoods. On Saturday night he was in a pretty hardcore car accident. He and 3 other mates were stationary in Baz's car and they got slammed into by a speeding drunk driver while waiting at an intersection. Baz pretty much took most of the hit, broken ankle and other minor injuries. Lucky they were in his big ass Chrysler not some tiny shitbox cause things could have turned out pretty bad... Everyone else was pretty much ok, not sure about the pissed driver that hit them tho!

Long live Aussie hip hop!!

Incog yes horrorshow is great as well yeah you'd have to be a pirate for a day "Yarrrgh" to find most of there good stuff most aussie hip hop is only obtainable via torrents or net downloads but if you find a main stream artist that sell their albums at Jb hi-fi then buy the cd if you like there stuff...

also illy, urthboy and murph n plutonic are wicked

like i say, i do sail the seven seas, and have that one in my collection.

otherwise out here id hafto order it in through the fat lamb hotel :P

ive only got that one song, but its a corker

now to really trash this thread:

so un pc. but yeah there will always be a small place in my heart for eazy-e.

i have a pre-pubescent naughty boy smirk every time i listen to that track :P

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Yargghh i find me self a pirate on the seas sailin for me treasure and most of the stuff i get is generally as far away for mainstream as i can get me hook on.. but i only Plunder once ive checked How Harsh The Price is On ME treasure Chest Yarrrgh...I like being a pirate...ohhh a pirates life is the life for me....

tearin it upp ayy :P

Man permission to be honest???

Dont hate me, but I think aussie hip hop is terrible - poorly produced cheapo corny jazz-loop beats and a bunch of fatish, unshaven bogans singing in overly australian accents about drinking and 'struggle'

Its just so unimaginative - i believe that the big acts in Australia are only there because people feel obliged to like it. But they are really pretty poor.

At least british hip hop has its own vibe and sound and originality and stuff.

The ghettos of Adelaide and Camberwell just arent as authentic.

The ghettos of Adelaide and Camberwell just arent as authentic.

Yep, I spent some time in the Camberwell ghetto as a teenager. Got stuck up by some Grand Damage boys. Took ten bucks from me and then were kind enough to ask me if I had enough money to get home and ended up giving me enough back for tram fare. It was a hard life. I'm from the streets man, the streets!