The Corroboree
solomon

Help moderating my pot intake

smoked over 20 yrs now.

had to stop and get clean for job interview few years back.

stopped cold turkey and whenever i got the urge i had a cone or two of acacia flower(t.s.tantra can give species) occasionally mixed with other herbs.

so after decades of smoking i gave up and didnt smoke for over a month.

and damn wouldnt you know it the job didnt do a drug test :BANGHEAD2:

stopped cold turkey and whenever i got the urge i had a cone or two of acacia flower(t.s.tantra can give species) occasionally mixed with other herbs.

Any names? please ive tryed dagga and some salvia species but they dont have enough feeling to them to ward off my need for bud.

edited

Edited by centipede

thats one thing ive never ever been able to do- a bucket bong. instant green out/nausea.

dude!^probably sharing a little to much info on a public forum IMO.

lol... hey centipede, whats your address bro?

hmmmm

i wonder if you or anyone can offer insight into this cold, empty, sick feeling i used to get in the solar plexus region. it was usually worse in the morning or at work, but after i started choofing for the day it kind of went away.

It's anxiety...I get it as well and it is a prick...you have this hollow and nervous sensation going on just where you described. I still :bong: and I wonder if I will ever kick it but at the moment I am content with my habit and it and I seem to get on well together lately..it's not always the way though. I have my moments..

thanks for the response hutch, but i don't think we're talking about the same thing. unless there is some emotional / body symptom crossover psycho somatic doo-hicky responsible

but this was more like a festering swamp of resin filling the bottom of my airbag. that's what it felt like. or maybe lethargic adrenals. it wasn't a healthy feeling.

[quote a festering swamp of resin filling the bottom of my airbag. that's what it felt like. or maybe lethargic adrenals. it wasn't a healthy feeling.

it might be gluten intolerance, u should go to natropath .....i bet a tablespoon of gentian would kick it.

Irie,

Just wondering?????

If it was not an illegal plant, then how much would you's all smoke????

Respect

Z

thanks for the response hutch, but i don't think we're talking about the same thing. unless there is some emotional / body symptom crossover psycho somatic doo-hicky responsible

but this was more like a festering swamp of resin filling the bottom of my airbag. that's what it felt like. or maybe lethargic adrenals. it wasn't a healthy feeling.

Don't sound good..."festering swamp of resin" thats 7 for a haiku....

Irie,

Just wondering?????

Respect

Z

If it wasn't illegal why would you bother :lol: :lol: :lol:

In simple terms..TOO MUCH...My friend just changed doctors as her old one is retiring and she met with him for the first time yesterday...She believes strongly in informing her doctor about anything that passes her lips...I'm a pot smoker she informed this not long out of med school and eager to please young quack to which he replied "Don't we all, that wont hurt ya"

Edited by hutch

Any names? please ive tryed dagga and some salvia species but they dont have enough feeling to them to ward off my need for bud.

this is the plant just known as the sth am acacia ,for the moment.....common name apparently vilca in sth am.

there are not many seeds this year due to circumstances beyond my control.

t s t .

the same as I smoke know, I think... and maybe a bit less

Thanks T St Please Keep me informed if you do get any..

And how much does the turtle smoke wayy to fucking much it costs him $160 a week.

Thats Why you dont ask...

Edited by The Deb-One-Amine

blowng who are you talking to?

my solar plexus

festering swamp of resin

time to kick the bongs

a cold death feeling

near my abused diaphragm

quit, months pass, good now

if it was legal it would probably be higher quality, even if it wasn't i would probably smoke more due to cheapness. an eighth a day at least, until the health effects are too intense and i quit.

actually a couple of times what pushed me over the edge into quitting, on top of everything else, was the fucking BULLSHIT grass getting around. PD started a thread about it, bullshit additives to bulk up the weight or make it look crystalline, stuff that didn't incinerate properly and tasted bad. it's not such a bad thing when you need that further incentive to quit "ah well it's scarce and polluted crap anyway, bugger this i've had a gut-full"

drought lasts longer each year

Smoking myself stupid, whilst at the time was necessary, was the only way I managed to conquer the green demon... I live in a house where my partner and housemate both smoke (the past 3 housemates I've lived with also smoked and I was still the same as now). I smoke maybe a couple times a week and when I do it's only a couple of cones over the whole night... most preferably a spliff, but I do it just coz it's there as opposed to because I need to remedy that anxious gut feeling discussed above. I actually learnt that it was the weed that produced that feeling... and although I'd experienced panic attacks beforehand, I know that those specific kinds of anxious negative feelings never existed in the first place before I started smoking hard.

Being a heavy smoker for years on end was the only way to make me realise I can't ever do that again to myself.

As somebody said earlier the lack of motivation was enough motivation to quit. I support that whole heartedly. Now sometimes when I smoke I get the feeling that everything I'm doing at the moment is wrong for my path and I feel uncomfortable, but I know now thats the weed presenting deception as opposed to wisdom. I question myself when I feel that, and realise that my path is not to be stoned all the time because as that type of lifestyle might be sustainable to some, it's not right for everybody and certainly not for me at the moment. I'd like to think that the plant was sharing some wisdom, but wisdom was what she gave and I sought when I smoked her heavily. Instead times have changed and I want to integrate what she taught me into myh life - similar to what I feel with psychedelics.

That shit is better than any substitute for the ganja. You give up when the time is right.

On the otherhand......................................

"Put yo lighters in the air if you smoke weed like you don't care. I'm addicted to the erb, it's a dangerous love affair. A natural plant thats from the ground, some smoke ganja by the pound, I'm gonna aks this question now - who's gonna smoke some weed tonight???"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AjwDxvsyuw

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

drought lasts longer each year

I thought the same until this year... this year I never had a hard time getting chronic through the whole of the drought season. I do however remember three years back when everything got so desperate that my dealer ended up calling me asking if I could help him sort out with a q.p.

Thwe MD drought on the other hand makes me tear up.

Guest svarg26

there is no reason to give up dope.

what drought?

that depends entirely on the individual doesn't it? on both counts.

blowng who are you talking to?

my solar plexus

festering swamp of resin

time to kick the bongs

a cold death feeling

near my abused diaphragm

quit, months pass, good now

oops... quoted myself ,yeah i meant to offer your guts advice,gentian extract (very bittter) sorts out the gut.

Its been over a year not smoking for me ,now if only i could kick the booze :P

ok but what is your reasoning? i had that problem every time i was a chronic smoker of bongs or buckets (with spin). does gluten intolerance become more symptomatic when smoking?

Oh Thunder I feel you buddy.

Personally I find this my BIGGEST issue with quilting smoking both pot and tobacco and is only aggravated by my methadone reductions which has similar effects.

Last time I quit I was waking at 4 in the morning with that horrible empty, tense feeling in my solar plexus for about 3 months and even then never really went away.

After a lot of playing around with it I found that this had a lot to do with pipe/bong smoking and found that taking deep breaths and holding them like one would a toke created some relief.

I think smoking joints instead of bongs for a period would help reduce this, so I now suggest bong smokers wanting to quit try swapping to joints for a while before cutting right back or all together,.

I mean obviously its also a rebound effect from the relaxtion pot has on the stomach, the psychological associations and re-enforcements along with the need to fill that emptiness within ones self a bit like straw sucking for horses, it has become a habit and the muscles are used to the sensation, that sensation provies a sense of relation so a connection between relaxation and the sucking is established.

TB I still deal with it although mostly from the 'done and the only thing that REALLY helps when its bad is Buscopan (Hyoscin) but I worry about potential rebound effects once I stop using it.

hmmmm

i wonder if you or anyone can offer insight into this cold, empty, sick feeling i used to get in the solar plexus region. it was usually worse in the morning or at work, but after i started choofing for the day it kind of went away.

ok but what is your reasoning? i had that problem every time i was a chronic smoker of bongs or buckets (with spin). does gluten intolerance become more symptomatic when smoking?

um... no reasoning just thought it may be this... as poor diets can create disturbance in teh digestive system , maybe you were inhaling smoke so deeply some made it to your stomach? As an everyday smoker of 20 years i have never had this feeling unless you mean the munchies had plenty o that.

-=IndigoSunrise=-

that was a very good post, thanks man!