The Corroboree
solomon

Help moderating my pot intake

been asked similar many times ,my usual reply has to do with treating tolerance....

regular b complex and lecithin can stop the development of tolerance.

l-glutamine ,about 1 gram,will treat many side effects of cannabis use, including reversing tolerance.once you take the l-glutamine you will not get fully off for about the rest of the day.but the next day should be closer to no tolerance.

alternatively impose a time restriction on your usage. eg no smoke before noon or before the evening meal.

entheogenic experiences can often reset tolerance too.

t s t .

That anxious gut feeling is all in your head. I have been an everyday smoker for years and i used to tell myself that its "so hard to quit, cause my guts go crazy and I go off the food". It used to happen everytime i quit but the last couple of times i was fine. I didn't do anything different other then avoid the triggers that make me respond that way. The best way to kick it is to change your lifestyle. You need to take on a sport or a new activity during the day. Surfing was my choice. Problem is you may get triggered by something when you get home. Go on a holiday, get out of your life for two weeks, keep your self busy all the way up till your ready to sleep and you'll find its not that hard to quit.

Pot addiction is not a real physical addiction and if you think it is your lying to yourself and only making it worse.

Its all in your head including the physical effects, your brain will try all sorts of tricks to get what it wants but ultimately you have the control!

Once you realise this the only trouble you will have quitting is your mental strength and the crazy dreams.

Well put Slybacon... it is all in your head and thats exactly where the anxiety comes in, however smoking chronically day and night for years does a number on your brain chemistry. Exercise is a great way to try and restore things.

Also the reasons for you being an everyday smoker determines in my opinion how hard it is to kick it... if you're using weed because you just enjoy weed that's one thing, but if you are using it everyday as a means of self medicating then it's obviously going to be a lot harder to give up.

I personally found it easier to give up when weed stopped me from being able to get to sleep.. towards the end it started waking my brain up and making my thoughts race and still has that effect on me.

I disagree, IMO its only natural that something that has such a powerful effect on the stomach/GI system is going to have a rebound effect particularly in sensitive people

Mine used to be so strong they would wake me at 4-5am dry reaching, sure I have some underlying conditions but that doesnt chnage that fact that me and plent of others feel it.

On another note, even if someone is feeling a psychosomatic physical pain is that pain any less real?

KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVa. IF U WANT TO MODERATE BUT FIND THE ANXIETY AN ISSUE, TRY REPLACING POT WITH A CUP OF KAVA. GOOGLE FOR kLINkAva.

KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVA KAVa. IF U WANT TO MODERATE BUT FIND THE ANXIETY AN ISSUE, TRY REPLACING POT WITH A CUP OF KAVA. GOOGLE FOR kLINkAva.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pot addiction is not a real physical addiction and if you think it is your lying to yourself and only making it worse.

Its all in your head including the physical effects, your brain will try all sorts of tricks to get what it wants but ultimately you have the control!

Once you realize this the only trouble you will have quitting is your mental strength and the crazy dreams.

Exactly. In fact im pretty tired of people blaming pot for this, that or the other. If it effects you in the wrong or not nice way. Stop smoking!! Those that continue to run the gauntlet deserve the problems they encounter, mental or physical. FFS, if your body or mind is not reacting well to it, STOP! If you cant stop by yourself go see a therapist or hypno. NO drugs should be substituted at all costs. This teache you or your mind nothing about having to deal with coming down.

I smoked for 15years, all day every day. I didnt get de-motivated ever, never a couch potato, it was a positive influence until other factors changed its effects on me. Once i knew this i stopped. Simple. Cold turkey. No supplements, not nothing. Just walking and water. Everyone is different but to blame a substance is futile. Its your brain thats causing the problem, and the sooner you realize this the better.

Yeah i had to put up with taking 2 hours or more to fall asleep, for a year almost, but what do you expect when every night was capped off with a spliff or two for the last 15 years? I still love the plant, and am happy to purport its pros and cons, nothing has changed. Each strain is different and you cant just compare pot with pot. I am /was a pot connoisseur. Laugh if you want, but there is no way you can compare two strains/landraces from each end of the spectrum. They are far too different in effects.

Smoke free for almost 2 years now. No prob, easy as. Happy to sit with smokers, happy to roll for anyone, but i just wont partake.

If your a casual user, and not encountering any problems, dont worry, no need to stop or think you have to. You will know when its time to stop, your mind and surroundings will notify you. You just better bloody listen when it happens and take heed.

BTW, I only ever smoked pipes or spliffs, neat. Never bongs, its just seems such a dirty, yucky, disrespectful and forced way to ingest such a nice plant.

• Like 1

glad someone said it!!

people need to take responsibility for themselves and learn self discipline!

it's a complex issue, yet people always blame something else and never take a good hard look at themselves and their own choices.

Edited by gerbil

On another note, even if someone is feeling a psychosomatic physical pain is that pain any less real?

No its just as real.

I wasn't trying to be harsh, Im only speaking for my self and a large group of people who perpetuate their withdrawal symptoms in order to keep smoking. Some people may have real gut problems or mental issues and should probably speak to a trusted doctor.

Dude,

I hear your pain...

Pot used to be my best friend for years at one point... hardest thing to kick because its 'so no big a deal' and a 'soft drug'.

My method was not about willpower which was very stop and start.... weeks or months off and then back on. Using this willpower method also meant I would just substitute addictions as I would always need to obsess about something and escape with something during those stretches without....you know what I mean I am sure... we are all addicts of one thing or another, if it is not a 'substance' it will be a 'process' ie sex addiction, exercise addiction, success/work addiction, puritan living addiction, spiritual high/ meditation addiction and so forth... these are actually more insidious as people think they are being really healthy and together... 'good looking addictions' we call them.

My main method was dealing with my emotional pain/ baggage trapped in my unconscious through Cathartic style Breathwork ( Rebirthing some called it in the not too distant past). Emotional release therapy, an emotional enema technique really.....

When enough old sadness, despair, fear, anger, shame and guilt is released from the system and we get internally balanced, our external behaviours get balanced... wallaah!!! pot only if you want to give it to yourself as a treat or a choice to stop it forever. If you are unconsciously driven to outrun emotional pain and are inclined to appreciate plants than willpower would have to be very top notch to stop it for good and not substitute for something else.

The fact is if you are human, have a physical form on this plane than you have emotional trauma in your unconscious running you in one way or another

Hope this makes a difference

Truly poetic! and accurate - if you smoke that much you either started out, or still are, trying to escape yourself. Most of in here would have been there - it's fun for a long time and you don't realise it's not until it's really not... it becomes the boss...

Some people will tolerate it their whole lives - but generally not @ a 1/4 a week etc

Everythinhg in moderation - including weed... Only after you've been off it for a while - like 1 year or more will it be something you can dabble in again and bring back some of the good times - without the break it remains the negative thing that it is now...

Take the time to find out about yourself because thats what really needs to happen...

Interesting contributions, keep them coming.

What works best for me is just buying no more than a 1/4 at a time, and when I run out I bide my time for a little bit until I see da man in the course of things. I never smoke during the day when I have to go out later, and I usually just stick to 3/4 cones. I can get heavy-handed with packing if I let myself, so I make a conscious decision.

Don't bother nabbing me, Mr Officer wave-finger.gif I haven't had any sweet mary jane since da man went overseas on holidays.

Don't bother nabbing me, Mr Officer wave-finger.gif I haven't had any sweet mary jane since da man went overseas on holidays.

My guy did that about this time last year and came back a non smoker.

yeah I found that entering a country where I didnt speak the language without doing any research and staying there for a month or two sorted out my habit..

I cant really remember what went wrong with that because im smoking again and not enjoying the stopping process one little bit... well.. maybe a *little* bit... but definetly not much!

my friend says that he used to enjoy the stopping process some years ago, and he will still enjoy it as long as it's conscious [planned, not because the pot is over]

the enjoyment had to do with then guy feeling fresh and different. Nowadays, freshness is not felt until the 2nd day, and as long as set/setting is according to stopping....

When i used to have a serious job I would often have to travel by air and would often be away for the whole week. Never had an issue leaving Mary Jane on her own for that long as long as I knew she would be there with slippers on waiting for me when I returned....if she threatened to leave me I would go into all types of panic...bitch :lol:

Seems for the majority of people the only relationship you can have with Mary is on her terms.

Hutch :wink:

Honestly, I tell all my clients: PEA+selegiline! plus a litle vasopressin and you'll be right as rain! see www.qhi.co.uk aslo www.smartpowders.com. For selegiline cheap PM me.

If also indicated with nicotine and alcohol, hydergine might be worth a shot too.

Edited by Huichol_Eyebrow

I smoked for about ten years, and a good portion of that was many times a day, every day. I still smoke it in when offered on occasion, but I make a point of not 'seeking it out' as I am actually worried about returning to state of mind where I'd just rather be wasted because everything else is just 'too hard'.

It affects everyone differently, but I am certainly someone who suffers from a huge lack of motivation and loss of productivity. Ideas and intentions I had whilst wasted would quickly evaporate and become too difficult once I was straight again. I was acutely conscious of this and the whole time I was smoking and enjoying it, I also felt bad about it and wanted to quit smoking.

My only advise would be that if you are going to smoke it, enjoy the hell out of it, and don't beat yourself up over any negative repercussions and what you are not getting done as it just diminishes the experience. It can be a great past-time and really open up your mind to insights, ideas, creativity and possibilities. When it's time to realise some of the those ideas and thoughts in a constructive way, it's probably going to require putting down the pipe.. which is the hard bit.

It took me 2-3 years of not smoking before I wasn't thinking about smoking, not physical need, just a kind of gentle longing in the back of my mind! I know that sounds insane, but the habit was very strongly ingrained and something my mind craved, maybe because I got started at such a young age.

I used to hold off getting wasted to increase the intensity of the experience, but it just seemed agonising to put off what I obviously wanted to do immediately. I think once you get that point, where you are trying to regulate intake in a regimented way, you are missing the point of recreational drug use which IMO should be done without really thinking about it at all.

Spin with a busted up co ca leaf teabag instead of baccy.

Try making a.visual.remix.Der of hoe much you some each day i.e numbers of bongs/joints whatever then at the end of the week record the total, keep the weekly tally somewhere YOU are likely to see it all the time (back of a door on the fridge etc) helps to remind you to keep on track also each week try and lower the total,.go a day without if pos and have a few extra on the weekend, also its important to want to stop, heaps of people.say it but then get stoned and just either don't care or feel bad about smoking again so get more stoned and end up feeling great but shit when they wake up, buy it in smaller amounts and stretch it out, don't aground the regular group until.your comfortable and able to say no whilst others are smoking near you, fill your time up with a new hobby(guitar helps heaps) working out and shit can help stop the sweats at nite smoke alone and.enjoy it opposed to abusing it, 2 people can be dangerous as it seems to to back and forth very frequently, more than 2 people.can be costly or likely go through more and.chop up more , best of luck mate,you can controlling it! don't forget mental strength/willpower is all it takes too many people blame the plant, or act a fool it only perpetuates a shitty stereotype and ruins it for those who smoke recreationally,

Some great advice here and lesewhere, doesn't matter if I repeat some

Buying less per time [maybe if you're a huge pothead you'll be getting great prices by now, like some friend of mine, so make some of your pothead friends happy and get less yourself], stretch over a longer period, putting less in each joint. Try eliminating tobacco. I have been more and more disliking joints offered to me that have more tobacco than my liking. Some people in greece just smoke tobacco with little green, this sucks IMO.

IME, being with a girl you feel content with, can render one in not feeling like smoking, not longing for it. Being with a girl can bring an internal calmness unlike any drug I have tried. She can even smoke one or two and I might don't. Being with a girl that doesn't smoke can be even better, but it can be problematic too, depending on specifics.

Edited by mutant

i reckon if you make it past the first day it gets alot easier, personally i think it is wonderful drug and has more positives than negatives, im still of the bane that people blame their own problems on pot use, then when they stop taking pot they blame it on their job, then their partner and the cycle continues. its a crux for a certain type of individual to keep on feeling like the victim in pure psychological terms.

if you want to give up then you need to be motivated, by a job or by a wife whatever....but a reverse tolerance will occur in this type of situation and your subconscious will require the drug more than you did before, this may be able to be witheld for a while but it will come back to bite you harder later on and you will end up worse off.

i harp on so much about one day at a time mentality but its the simplest way to go, if you want to give up, really want to give up thats day 1, smoke so much you get almost sick, day 2 get absolutely drunk so that the next day you have a raging hangover....i find i dont like to smoke on a bad hangover. day 3 you went one night without pot and thats 75% of the battle.

it has to come purely from within, if you dont want to stop smoking but your forced to stop by outside forces then you will never trully be free( free from your own internal urges). an outside motivater is good for short term goals but long term it will never work, for a long term result it has to be a decision you are at peace with.

great stuff in this thread.

I agree santiago, (and others) - any substance misuse is a symptom of other dis ease / unease. It's taken me a long time to finally 'get' that... so the battles rages still, (for me) and I seek help for the reasons behind the misuse.

It's kinda handy to be troubled or notice that you are addicted to something in some ways.. it might force deeper or wider inspection of oneself and motives in life... reasons behind the doings that are causing trouble etc... I think that every person alive has stuff to work on - what percent really do though? It would seem to me that with substance misuse my very life depends upon working my shit out, perhaps I am blessed for that.

peace

yes, totaly super thread!

i just stayed out of this thread, that all, in case somebody missed me, hehehe.

i fucking love stopping smoking pot,

withdrawl is a beautyfull thing.