The Corroboree
Aya

Identification help

Question

Hello all, was just wondering if someone could lend me their knowledge for a second and perhaps suggest what this might be.

I was walking home from uni the other day, slightly raining, and I happened to walk past this hedge out the front of a small unkempt area of land, and there lying on top of this hedge (which was almost at eye level), was this seperated arm of cacti. I then noticed the mother plant behind it which was very old and and had endured many a harsh summer and winter, and there also on the ground surrounding her was a few other arms of cacti, although most of them nearly completely rotted through. So luckily for the one which I discovered on the shrubs, because it hadn't been laying for weeks amongst the soaking ground, it was still in pretty good condition, apart from a few fingal wounds and rot which I will have to cut out.

So anyway, to the cacti, which I naturally decided to take home with me to get it out of the rain, and soon replant to live, grow and enjoy once more.

- I seem to be having some problems uploading/attaching the images, anyone know what's wrong? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Aya

4 answers to this question

maybe post from photobucket , the image may be to large ,check to see it is a jpeg image... but im havin a stab before i see any pics and saying its a cereus lol

as you say blowng - that would be my stab without seeing too Cereus peruvianus v.Monstrose

as you say blowng - that would be my stab without seeing too Cereus peruvianus v.Monstrose

This doesn't look like any Cereus Peruvianus I've seen, as it's ridges (correct terminology?) are much fatter and closer together, like your typical Pachanoi or E. Peruvianus, and it's definitely not a Monstrose. I know that much with certainty. Will try again later this evening to upload some photos.

have you tried using ''use full editor'' then down bottom attachments ,attach the file pic ? its ok it took me a while too , i am now intrigued to what it could be , but probably a cereus with fat ribs lol