The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Doomsday Methane Bubble Rupture?

Um?

Indeed

There are three known exploding lakes near Cameroon - Lake Nyoa, Monoun and Kivu that experience CO2 "explosions" from time to time. The lake burps and people in the surrounding area asphyxiate. Sounds like a similar concept to methane bubbles but the lakes are on a smaller scale.

You just posted that vid that said it was all a big scare tactic (awesome vid btw) and now you are saying that we are all gonna die when the methane bubble hits, just make up your mind blowng, ffs...just tell me what to believe cuz I feel so confused now :wacko:

There is some discussion on this in the gulf disaster thread.

Gulf Disaster Thread

You just posted that vid that said it was all a big scare tactic (awesome vid btw) and now you are saying that we are all gonna die when the methane bubble hits, just make up your mind blowng, ffs...just tell me what to believe cuz I feel so confused now :wacko:

lol, i juzt post these things , i really hope all will be fine , but i wouldnt be surprised if this was a deliberate drilling into a already unstable underwater volcano to bring upon a mass extinction just like the elite has had planned which they can blame on nature ... be prepared is all i know , any one have some spare scuba tanks?

There is some discussion on this in the gulf disaster thread.

Gulf Disaster Thread

oh... missed that , T is on to it...

"Ominous reports are leaking past the BP Gulf salvage operation news

blackout that the disaster unfolding in the Gulf of Mexico may be about to

reach biblical proportions."

Ominous reports from who ?

"Now, worried scientists are increasingly concerned the same series of

catastrophic events that led to worldwide death back then may be happening

again-and no known technology can stop it."

Worried scientists - who would they be ? (I understand being a scientist these days is comparable to being a company whore who must preach the dogma of the day and it's hard for the truth to come out, but that's almost like saying "MY gnome")

"The subterranean methane is pressurized at 100,000 pounds psi. According

to Matt Simmons, an oil industry expert, the methane pressure at the

wellhead has now skyrocketed to a terrifying 40,000 pounds psi."

I've had a lot of experience in hydraulics and steam generating and pressures up to 2000 psi are very extreme to say the least.If the subterrainian methane is pressurised to 100,000 psi and the wellhead is connected to it, the wellhead should also be at the same pressure(instanly).

From what I can find the inside diameter of the pipe at the "wellhead" is 20 inches.

Now if we calculate the surface area of that pipes' cap.

Pye * radius squared = 314.159 square inches

And then multiply that surface area by the said pressure

314.16(rounded) square inches * 40 000 psi = 12 566 400 pounds of pressure exerted on the underside of the cap on the pipe. Minus a few hundred

pounds from the water pressure acting on the opposite side of the cap.

Show me a pipe or a cap that can handle that sort of load (I think you'll find it's impossible)

"Reports, filtering through from oceanologists and salvage workers in the

region, state that the upper level strata of the ocean floor is succumbing

to greater and greater pressure. That pressure is causing a huge expanse

of the seabed-estimated by some as spreading over thousands of square

miles surrounding the BP wellhead-to bulge. Some claim the seabed in the

region has risen an astounding 30 feet."

Who are these oceanologists?

Is it normal for salvage workers to even know what the upper strata of the ocean floor is ? and who is claiming that the seabed has risen ?

Wouldn't it be obvious by the barnicles growing 30 feet above the water line on the oil-rigs in the area ?

Don't get me wrong I don't doubt the scale of the problem and I also believe it has the potential to wipe out life on this planet, I just have trouble accepting reports off the internet without scrutinising the details.

Years of being a "conspiracy theory nut" has taught me to be objective if nothing else.

I am actually a little embarrassed about having posted this initially. While I certainly believe in the validity of anthropogenic CO2 problems and human's ability to fuck this planet up, I should have done a little more research on methane bubbles before posting that link.

Yes, mass extinctions appear to have happened due to methane release, but these were not giant bubbles of methane stored in oil deposits. rather it was methane trapped ON the ocean floor [rather than beneath it] which was liberated via various processes. While I am sure that methane bubbles exist and can probably cause small scale disasters, the idea promulgated in this article seems to have come from fertile but rather uneducated minds - like many crappy conspiracy theories.

I've had an interest in methane and CO2 bubbles for a while, including their connection to the bermuda triangle disappearances, so I was easily led astray by this article which just took that concept to the next level - without any scientific back up. What can I say... every now and then I get sucked in too.

I am actually a little embarrassed about having posted this initially.

Why be embarrassed its a thread for open discussion?