The Corroboree
FungalFractoids

Double Rainbows on Acid

Again, as per my last post here, dunno if it's been posted and too lazy to UTFSE, so apologies if its been posted before but this is just to beautiful for words, I can only imagine what the guy shootinjg it was going through :)

The original:

And for lulz, the remix:

Edited by FungalFractoids
  • Like 2

LOL. well it is a beautiful rainbow...

so sweet :)

LOL, cheers FF, makes ya just wan get out and look for rainbows.

Ha ha ha..

I've seen the original before and laughed my ass off at that, but the remix took it to a whole new place. Nice.

That was fantastic thanks for the share, what a beautiful man.

Haha this guy. I can appreciate the beauty of nature but this guy starts crying. He must be one of those sterotypical hippies that say things like "You can like..own land mannn". Or on drugs?

cheers

Haha this guy. I can appreciate the beauty of nature but this guy starts crying. He must be one of those sterotypical hippies that say things like "You can like..own land mannn". Or on drugs?

cheers

Gotta be on drugs.

"It's so intense, I don't know what it means" cries, crying morphs into laughter "What does it mean? Help me"

"double rainbows on acid"

i love it! it's a pity cameras can't record trips, imagine how beautiful that must have been for him!

he says he wasnt on anything at all.

Saw a nice double rainbow today but was a fair bit closer to us. Spectaulaaaarrgghhhh.

Sober unfortunately :P:)

I know I said I wasn't posting for a while but I am sick of seeing this guy labelled as a drug user all over the net:

Double Rainbow Guy just wants peace, rainbows and respect for Yosemite Indians

If you're a local in the US Yosemite area, his name is Paul Vasquez.

If you're a fan of MMA cagefighting, he's known as Hungry Bear, with a record of 0-1 from one fight.

And if you've got an inbox, there's a fair chance you'll know him as "Yosemite Bear" aka "Double Rainbow Guy", the latest YouTube phenomenon with a unnatural love for all things red and yellow and pink and green.

More than four million people have now watched the 47-year-old man alternate between crying and laughing with joy when a double rainbow appears in the Yosemite Valley below his home.

"Oh my god, it's a double complete rainbow... right in my front yard," he sobs breathlessly.

"What does it mean?"

Many laugh at him - it's impossible not to. Most openly ridicule him and accuse him of being on drugs.

But there are also plenty who admire Yosemite Bear's ability to so unashamedly allow the world to share his joy.

"His joy is contagious and I don't care what he is on," one YouTube commenter said.

"i was laughing and crying right along with you the first time I watched it and have watched it countless times since," a friend on his Facebook page said.

"Thanks for givin' us just what the world needed, brutha...perspective. Keep on shinin' that light," reads another comment.

But you don't have to scratch the surface very deep to find there's a whole lot more to Yosemite Bear than a passion for rainbows.

He's lived on the same plot of land he shot the Double Rainbow video from since 1998, about "10 air miles from Yosemite", he told news.com.au.

"Anybody can easily find me with simple research. I found myself in less than half an hour simply by using Google.

"Nothing is hidden any more. I'm not worried about it - the universe protects me."

Yosemite Bear's children are Ahwahnechee Indians on their mothers' side and Yosemite Bear himself has adopted their heritage "through lifestyle, culture and parentage".

He's also taken up the fight to strengthen their links to Yosemite National Park, visited by more than four million people every year.

"They were removed from Yosemite in the 1850s with no treaty, no compensation or any justification whatsoever," he said.

"They were treated like unwanted animals, rounded up, killed if they resisted and taken to someplace else for storage.

"My childcare's grandmother was born in Yosemite Valley - she was forced to leave and the village was burned down by the park service."

Several of Yosemite Bear's videos on his YouTube channel deal with the plight of the Yosemite Indians, including one eyewitness account of the burning of the Ahwahnechee village Yosemite Bear mentions.

His latest battle is a little closer to home.

Yosemite Bear's daughter is fighting what seems to be a losing battle to work in the Yosemite National Park.

She's since been given a job with National Parks in Yellowstone, but Hungry Bear said his daughter would rather be working in her homeland.

She was actually offered a job at Yosemite, but then rejected because she had applied under the student hire program and would have graduated from uni before she started in the summer.

Despite her offer to delay her graduation until after the summer, the park maintained its stance.

Yosemite Bear said his daughter's struggle to work in her homeland was directly linked to the park's violent heritage.

"Keeping Irene from working was a continuation of that war," he said.

"What happened was Park Service realising that the people they had invaded had come in behind their lines and wanted to be among them and they wanted no part of it.

"Whether they were aware of this consciously or not, this is why she was denied a job."

As for himself, Yosemite Bear said he was still struggling to deal with the exposure he's received from Double Rainbow.

Two days ago, it was autotuned by the team behind Auto-Tune the News and added to iTunes as a $1.99 download, a proportion of which Yosemite Bear is set to receive.

The YouTube version of that song has more than two million views.

He told FastCompany that fame has worked him up so much he "went into an Indian sweat and prayed really hard" about what it meant for him.

He has another prequel to Double Rainbow called Giant Intense Rainbow, which he thought could go viral, "but when I shot (Double Rainbow), I was like, this is even better".

And finally, just in case you thought Yosemite Bear was some kind of hippy pacifist, he also has this message for a Twitter impostor who's "stolen" his Hungry Bear moniker.

"You're messin' with the wrong person," he warned them on yet another YouTube video.

"I can be your best friend, I can be your worst enemy.

"I can be a nightmare."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/double-rainbow-guy/story-e6frfro0-1225891673852#ixzz0um44mmFS'>http://www.news.com.au/technology/double-rainbow-guy/story-e6frfro0-1225891673852#ixzz0um44mmFS

http://www.news.com.au/technology/double-rainbow-guy/story-e6frfro0-1225891673852

• Like 1

if he was sober then it's all the more awesome, to have such appreciation for the beauty of nature and to express his awe unreservedly like that.

i mean, either that or he believed it was an unusual phenomenon? which it isn't, although it would be nice to see, visible from one end to the other right in your front yard.

i have been reduced to tears of joy on many occasions by the sunsets out here in the central west, since i was a child.stone cold sober.

i totally get what he is experiencing and expressing.

i like the stars

clouds

animal behaviour

light coming through trees

willy winds

thunderstorms

sunrise with 20K of psytrance and chemicals

:)

it's only ever some human/animal drama that makes me cry, to be perfectly honest. i wish i was more in touch with nature.

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."

also interesting that he's adopted the culture of the north american indians. they're not exactly famous for being disconnected from nature.

this line is a bit suss though don't you think?

"He has another prequel to Double Rainbow called Giant Intense Rainbow, which he thought could go viral, "but when I shot (Double Rainbow), I was like, this is even better"."

kinda implies that he was hamming it up for the footage.

OK, I stand corrected.

Thanks for the clarification, Bread Filter. Still funny. What an awesome dude.

wow what is really amazing is this guy... is a MMA fighter!!!

How can someone who is so deep not on drugs go into a cage to fight another human...

Ya interesting ThunderIdeal i wonder how much his t-shirts sold for???

He was defently alot younger...

Considering he is Amarican Indian and i don't meant o stereotype but generaly that means that he would of been brought up with allot of respect for nature, and i am sure in his community shedding a tear for such a feat is not uncommon.

MMA fighter ... Yet a double rainbow reduces him to tears, i have lots of respect for this guy truly a enlightened chap.

Edited by vual

maybee being a fighter brings him more in alignment with nature??? Or do you think there is no fighting in the natural world?

just food for thought.

"Nature rewards bravery"

in an old dustin hoffman movie 'little big man', i think it's the sioux indians... it states that the word sioux is like 'human being', only it's not a title that was used for all humans. i don't know how true it is but it showed how when the sioux make a war party and go to war, they don't go to kill their enemies, they ride around them with long sticks and hit them in the back with the stick and knock them down, to humiliate them and show that they are foolish. in the movie the war party just gets shot to bits while they ride around tapping troopers on the back with sticks. it also says that indians didn't know how to fist fight. the bigger indian kids are stunned when hoffmans character decks one of them and makes his nose bleed.

certainly it's wrong to associate martial arts with being a meat head, even though a lot of fighters may be meat heads. one extreme example is the shaolin warrior monks, those guys sure aren't meat heads but they are amazing fighters.

if u couldnt fight or defend yourself u would be dead rather quickly in the natural world.

thanks to the song being on permanent loop in my head, it occurred to me:

if he was sober, why did it start to look like a triple rainbow?

Very true Incognito Survival of the fittest is nature.

Also Thunderideal nice catch on him mistaking it for a triple rainbow, judging by his voice i personally would have to say 100% he was on drugs at time of filming or at least had a lsd epiphany the night before... I just re-watched the movie and i am sorry but if he isn't under the influence of something call me santa clause. Love the remix very catchy lol the remix is well done :P

Not very good pics, but Melbourne had a double rainbow this morning. Lets hope it brings some sunshine,as i have almost forgotten what it looks like .smile.gif

post-7430-128045051886_thumb.jpg post-7430-12804506849_thumb.jpg

IMG_2760 2.jpg

IMG_2762 2.jpg

IMG_2760 2.jpg

IMG_2762 2.jpg

Edited by Amazonian

Probably one of those guys that don't consider peyote a "drug" :P