The Corroboree
lofty86

Albizia julibrissin / Happy tree

Does any one know the alkaloid profile for albizia julibrissin? ive searched and all i can come up with is it does not contain DMT. i cant find ethnobotanical information on this plant anywhere even from the vendor site that sells a 5x extract of the flower :unsure: .

being a relative to mimosa and with a name like happy tree im assuming it contains some sort of tryptophan that converts to seratonin?

another small tidbit of info i could find is that its used in TCM, maybe velvetsiren has some info?

Edited by lofty86

no dmt, this is some info from a tcm perspective dosage for both is for tea 9 - 15 grams powder 1 - 3 grams

he huan hua - flower

In traditional Chinese medicine, albizzia flower is considered to have sweet and neutral properties, and is associated with the Heart and Liver meridians. Its main functions are to calm the spirit, invigorate the blood, alleviate pain, and dissipate swellings. Albizzia flower is revered as one of the most powerful types of herbal tonics available; it is used to treat conditions such as depression, insomnia and irritability. It improves the shen, or spirit. It also improves blood circulation, treats pain and swelling due to traumatic injuries (such as fractures), and reduces swellings and abscesses on the skin and in the abdominal region.

he huan pi - bark

According to the principles of traditional Chinese medicine, albizzia bark has sweet and neutral properties, and is associated with the Heart and Liver meridians. It is most commonly used as a tonic to help tranquilize the mind, reduce fatigue and ease tension. Albizzia bark also treats skin conditions such as carbuncles and acne, reduces pain swelling, and stimulates blood circulation. It can be used either externally or internally.

Great that I found a thread already containing some info on this plant that i'm interested in, but i'm wondering where to source some flowers or bark from? Does anyone on forum have this plant and could help me out maybe? Thanks :)

tried an extract on bark following a naptha MH tek without any results. but aint no chemist.

active ingredient is a 5ht1a agonist - leading to antidepressant actions similar to buprenorphine. Happy flower tea is great, a couple of cups pressure cooker-decocted (I use about 18g for two cups) is easily comparable to the strength of a similar amount of Kava.

Yeah one of reasons am after it is to make a tincture for medicinal purposes. But thanks 4 the info guys. Sounds like a very useful plant, if anybody has plant material to share please let me know. Am happy to pay obviously. :)

how much are you looking for, i have flowers and bark powder or bark.

they make a very nice tea with black dates and red dates, goji berries, dang gui, siberian ginseng licorice.

they also blend well with fu ling, poria fungas.

can also be made into a relaxing massage oil, recently just finished a small batch of that if you are interested or anyone else for that matter, consists of he huan hua and he huan pi, lily bulb, calamus and some other herbs i cant recall would need to check out my notes.

so yeah i got herb if you need it depending on quanity. send me a pm

Awesome thanks VelvetSiren!

Just checked trouts notes SST and it appears to have been reportded to test positive for 5ht (seratonin) itself! (why didnt i look there in the first place :rolleyes: ) its a very popular ornamental up north here ill check for seeds etc the next time i see one about and make sure some turns up in the free trading thread.

also pretty sure ive seen them at bunnings in the past.

Cool lofty86 i'll keep an eye out and good to hear the info re seratonin, thanks. Love this forum, so many awesome plants n people.

Serotonin doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so any serotonin present will not account for any effects in the CNS, at all. I find A. julibrissin to be a highly interesting tree, thanks a lot for the tip! Is the structure or other details about the substance(s) that binds to 5HT-1A known? Or any more information on the plant?

Serotonin doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier

allthough i know this is the professional view held (and i do agree with it to some degree)

i have at times "felt" 5-htp products, crossing the blood-brain barrier!

Well 5-HTP is not serotonin but rather 5-Hydroxytryptophan, a precursor to serotonin, and also melatonin. It is therefore mildly active. Serotonin (5-HT) itself should have no effect.

heaven only knows what tryptamines or other alkaloids are present in this plant (active or not) or whether theres any maoi activity occuring would this account for 5ht activity?

saw this plant listed in erowid experience vaults if anyone is interested...

t s t .

me too t s t. :)

Such an awesome plant, I am now on the lookout for one to grow myself.

Hopefully they grow in pots otherwise my brother will be getting a new plant in his garden :P

Got my plant material today, thanks VelvetSiren! This plant smells absolutely divine, I couldn't believe the smell as I was opening the package.

Also the massage oil smells awesome, kind of sexy and mysterious and fruity... With an earthy sweetness is only way I can describe it. Thanks again VS !

excellent

glad it arrived safely

:)