The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Idplugg

Kratom seed pod? (crappy image)

Hi all,

Just gringing up some kratom leaves, I found what I belive to be a M. speciosa seed pod. I know it is very unlikely that the seeds would still be viable, this batch was sent from the plantations in Indonesia sometime in December, who knows how long it has been sitting in D & D:s warehouse. But of course i'll try to germinate the seeds, miracles do happen. Does anyone have any educated guesses of how to procede from here?

Sorry for the crappy image, I'll try to take a better shot tonight.

718155393-pod.jpg

access forbidden!

maybe post in the SAB gallery.

Looks to me more like a flowerbud.

yeah thats a pod,

let's hope there mature, fully ripend seeds inside...

this is exciting!

come on and open the thing and tell us.

somehow i have the feeling it's an inmature seedpod though, comparing it to the printed letters.

at eb we had a post (helico i think?)about removing mitragyna parviflora seeds from a very big seedpod.

http://www.ethnobotany-australia.net/commu...?t=2167&start=0

the link is about parvifolia, but it might help.

unfortunately now that kratom has been banned, the photos and info about kratom, featured by sab are gone...

proly yours is only a flower pod, i think to remeber that the kratom flower pods are rather big, maybe as big as a grapefruit...

[ 01. February 2005, 08:57: Message edited by: planthelper ]

I thought the seed pods had spikes on them? Am I wrong? Or did you rub them off?

I SHOULD POINT out that the seeds, if treated with sulphur, are legal to possess and trade.

thel - yes, but a flower bud isn't

seed balls are made up of lots of little pods and have a spikey appearance.

I would think about 5 years in the tropics.

so the seeds are legal? god whats with all these technicalities they always have! cant they ever ban something properly. I presume tho the seeds are a restricted import?

To ban it properly itd need to be in the legislation that bans coca, cannabis and poppies (with poppy seed exempted)

this underwrites the NDSCP schedule and explains why cannabis and coca seed is illegal even if treated

but as plants are the easiest way to propagat it (ultra fine short viability tropical seeds) and its firmly entrenched in collections and trading networks now banning the seed would have as much effect as banning Salvia divinorum seed

customs would take seed based on the fact it can make a prohibited substance - like ibogain cont apocynaceae or ephedra sp.