The Corroboree

Based on my experiences i'd tend towards the simulation more than anything. I've broken the simulation a few times and have had to be debugged.

Based on my experiences i'd tend towards the simulation more than anything. I've broken the simulation a few times and have had to be debugged.

Care to expand?

Care to expand?

That was silly wording really but there's no short answer other than it's just a feeling I get sometimes.

Some LSD induced psychotic thinking patterns have brought me to some strange conclusions I guess. After thinking about the doco for a bit I guess the feel of the simulation felt right being just how crazily mathematic our world is.

In a way I feel my brain inteprets the surrounding data all around and my reality is a simulation created from my brain?

I don't like to think too much about it for fear i'll cease to exist. I guess it's a kind of unhealthy thought pattern i'd really like to stamp out somehow.

I don't like to think too much about it for fear i'll cease to exist.

Ha ha... I'd be tempted to test that theory out.

To be truthful, I can actually relate to that sort of pattern. Some years back I just about convinced myself that I didn't exist. Realized that in the big scheme of things, my actions had no consequences. Oh, what a glorious time.

... 12 months later, the debt collectors successfully convinced me otherwise. :(

"I don't like to think too much about it for fear i'll cease to exist"

I think that's the crux of being god; The creator who divided the all(no-thing-ness) into seperate things, to convince himself of a populated existence to cure his existential loneliness, or identity as all things and hence no-thing or no identity. He divided his identity so that it can simultaneously recognize itself and be totally unfamiliar with the alien aspect of itself leaving it all a bit strangely familiar.

God created his own enemy in death when he needed an illusion of temporal existence, a filter of the all, for actual things to exist and thing of their own accord and create unique newer things, through the flux of time and the evolution possible through death. Life and Death in their boons and struggles is what creates every individual beings unique method of adaptation and unique identity. The fear of death is the fear of loss of identity, of loneliness (maybe? I don't know, what the fuck am i a depth psychologist?... it's actually a fear of having to be reincarnated and go through that tight squeeze again)

I know it's a battle at times, but isn't losing the struggle to maintain your identity, one of the more paradoxical joys of the psychedelic experience... The conscious effort you keep making to re-establish who you think you are, is brutally attacked by the incisive wit of (y)our own subconscious, from which you cannot hide, until the levy's no longer hold and the conscious mind is flooded, it is then you either sink or swim... but goddamn is swimming funner than drowning.

To me it has been bliss; the realisation that your existence/your identity is and always was quite ethereal, almost non-existant, somewhere in the middleground of self/non-self, being/non-being, all relative to the greater picture and all that.

It is simultaneously humbling and exhilarating. At once you can see yourself objectively without the egos defense mechanisms filtering the reality, and you can see/feel/understand yourself as a continuum of energy that will not cease to exist with the death of an identity or two, that's all you've ever been doing!

An existential fear of death maybe is the fear of loss, of companionship... which is probably the funkiest aspect of the illusion, it is my fear that I'll wake up and it's all in my head, which isn't that bad I suppose, It just reminds me to enjoy this identity schism for as long as possible, the grandest illusion of all.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 2

there was a time when i realised everything is made of god.

even me.

my body is all made of god!

so where am i?

and what am i?

in the long term it seemed it just did not matter....i was and that was all i needed or something......

t s t .

• Like 1

there was a time when i realised everything is made of god.

even me.

my body is all made of god!

so where am i?

and what am i?

in the long term it seemed it just did not matter....i was and that was all i needed or something......

t s t .

I was therefore I am or I am therefore I couldn't possibly be...mmm

I was therefore I am or I am therefore I couldn't possibly be...mmm

"I think I'm thinking, therefore I might possibly be" (from Red Dwarf)

Ha ha... I'd be tempted to test that theory out.

In that state to me that feels like comitting suicide, seriously. If you owned a fake knife and knew it was fake but were in a state of mind where you believed it was real, if the only way to test for sure was to stab yourself would you do it? I know that it would be easy to disprove but maybe if I didn't cease to exist I hadn't thought about it enough? To continue the thought pattern feels psychologically damaging, it's strange and has only happened the last few times i've indulged.

The last time I started thinking that way I think i was starting to have an open eyed OBE, that sorta thing is new to me without the use of dissociatives. Hopefully next time i'll recognise this and be able to go with it without overthinking it, or just close my eyes.

I read something today which I liked by Dr C. D. Broad in 'The Doors of Perception',

"Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful"

Sometimes too much information hurts.

The Dude in your explaination I see our individual reality a simulation run by 'God', I like it too but wouldn't gaining awareness of this one conciousness come with feelings of absolute lonliness?

maybe something like that, or maybe not. i think there must be a kind of sadness that goes with infinite understanding, like you've reached the end of the road, but maybe there is always another level of understanding? maybe god is infinitely fulfilled. i certainly get the impression that being god is very intense. lol.

maybe that could be my new avatar? 'woah man i'm god. it's very intense'.

i dunno heh, that's why i stayed out of this thread except to engage mutant. possibilities are unlimited. that's why some scientist or some greek plant head saying 'there is no god' only proves one thing, that they are a twit. god is kinda unknowable but since it's qualities are limitless, don't you think if god did have an overriding sense of loneliness, that it would also be infinitely capable of not being lonely?

...don't you think if god did have an overriding sense of loneliness, that it would also be infinitely capable of not being lonely?

He's a creative one, so yeah :lol:

In that state to me that feels like comitting suicide, seriously. If you owned a fake knife and knew it was fake but were in a state of mind where you believed it was real, if the only way to test for sure was to stab yourself would you do it? I know that it would be easy to disprove but maybe if I didn't cease to exist I hadn't thought about it enough? To continue the thought pattern feels psychologically damaging, it's strange and has only happened the last few times i've indulged.

Man, I can totally relate to this. Thankfully, I haven't felt this way in a long, long time.

I remember I used to walk home each day across a bridge over my local creek. I was sure that if I climbed over the edge I would fall through the earth and keep falling, passing through the mass of the planet and eventually come out the other side and fall for eternity through space. Thankfully, I never actually tested the theory because in hindsight, I probably would have ended up a crumpled mess on the rocks below. Having said that... who knows, maybe I would have passed through the earth.

At the same time, I felt that it was likely that I was living out a dream from a coma state. I kept trying to remember the accident I'd had that had put me into a coma in the first place so that I could wake up and see reality. Needless to say, I never woke up so either I didn't have the accident or I'm still in the coma now.

Man, my only advice is don't test these theories out. What I said in my last post was irresponsible. I can see you're having a bit of a hard time with this stuff at the moment and just keep in mind that your life (whatever it is, be it dream, reality, illusion, deception) is precious. Sometimes it can feel like we're on the brink of insanity, sometimes it can feel like we're that close to cracking through the illusion.

This life, this illusion, this dream is here to stay. Embrace it. There will come a time when it naturally ends and, hopefully, we'll finally then know the truth. Until that time.... ?

I read something today which I liked by Dr C. D. Broad in 'The Doors of Perception',

"Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happening everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful"

Sometimes too much information hurts.

I like that too and thanks for sharing...fits in with how I feel in a way.

I Imagine that within a human mind knowledge of our soul and our eternal life are somewhere stored for safe keeping. If you were to know with real certainty that once you pass from this life you will simply step into the spirit world then most of us would have bumped ourselves off by now. Why would you put up with this shit? :P The world would be one crazy place...I think it's all there..stored up there for when I need it and that will be when I need to make the transition from human form to spirit... I felt it...I've seen it and was comfortable with it...I had been there before and I will go there again. I wonder how many of your souls I know in the spirit world :lol: How many of you are part of my clan....some of what we do doesn't make sense to the majority of people...lets face it,we do make ourselves pretty crook a lot of the time to reach certain places to attain certain knowledge. I wonder how many among us feel we know something that the the rest of the people don't? Like minded or collective souls? What do you think?:P

The following is a near death experience that I found fascinating :o ....Through the wormwhole?

Salvia? Somehow her account just seems right......why I don't know but it just does :scratchhead: ..I've been there....

Link http://www.nderf.org/nanci_d_nde.htm

My near-death experience was unlike any I have ever read about. It was far more intellectual: filled with “knowings”, understandings about the “truths” of the universe, and insights. And I delved deeper into life after death than I had thought possible in an NDE, ultimately evolving through higher levels of existence beyond anything I had ever dreamed possible.

My body’s death on March 14, 1994, was occasioned by some type of reaction to a needle-localization procedure designed to show my surgeon where to cut to remove three potentially cancerous lesions in my breast. The procedure had taken much longer than expected, and had to be repeated in order to get the wire marker deep enough into the breast tissue. It was painful, and emotionally traumatic for my body. I was alone when I died, because the radiologist and radiology technician both left me to perform other tasks, including getting their eighth set of mammography films developed.

The early stages of the NDE were fairly standard: I left my body, went into the Light, experienced overwhelming unconditional love, peace, joy, and acceptance, met Beings of Light, and had a life review. What was dramatically different about my NDE was what I learned during these stages, as well as what happened to me during and after the life review.

When I first entered the Light I saw nothing but Light, heard nothing, and smelled nothing. I was alone with my own thoughts. Those thoughts, however, were dramatic revelations. Chief among them was the realization that I am not a human being; that what I had been calling my soul is in fact who I really am. And who I really am is not human, but rather a separately existing spiritual being who only inhabited a human animal’s body. Moreover, the human animal I had inhabited has her own life, thoughts, emotions, and personality, and is perfectly capable of living out the rest of her lifetime without me inside.

Many more “knowings” invaded my mind while I was in the Light, filling me instantly not only with knowledge in the academic sense, but also with the deep understanding that only personal experience can give. I “experienced” these truths as deeply as though I had lived them. One of the topics deposited into my mind was about how time does not exist in the universe at large, but only for beings that mark time, like humans do, by measuring intervals of experience.

At one point I observed my body, still sitting in the chair in the radiology department mammography suite, at a distance below and behind me. I saw it out of the back of where a head would be on a human body (like having eyes in the back of my head). Seeing it, and feeling no attachment whatsoever to it, made me question for the first time whether I had died. To myself I said: “Nah, I can’t be dead. I didn’t go through a tunnel into the Light, and I’m definitely in the Light.” Immediately I was surrounded by an earthen works tunnel in vivid, vibrant color and detail, with the proverbial light at the end. Though the tunnel was just as real as anything I have experienced on Earth, I knew for a fact that I was not in a tunnel. So I wasn’t fooled by its appearance. Upon realizing that I wasn’t “fooled,” a flood of “knowings” about manifesting reality inundated my mind. I realized that we all constantly manifest what we call physical reality just by virtue of our thoughts, and that the only reason we are fooled into believing it is real is because of the limitations of human senses. You can imagine how flabbergasted I was by this information, and why I was not inclined to believe it. So I experimented with consciously manifesting some more to test its truth. I proved to myself that we do indeed have the ability to manifest what humans perceive to be physical reality by focusing our attention and intention on doing so.

After I realized I was dead, I looked outward again for the Light, for at this point I was back to the belief that we must go into the Light to enter the afterlife. I had forgotten that I was already in the Light because the strength of my belief system overpowered my sense of where I was. I then saw five Lights of different hues in the distance. I thought to myself: “Oh this figures, I’m supposed to go into the Light and I get five of them and have to choose the right one.” A voice not my own entered my mind with the words: “Just pick one and follow it.” I instantly understood that they all led to the same destination—the Source of our universe. As I looked again at the Lights, five Beings of Light appeared to have come forward from within them. I recognized these Light Beings as my most cherished and beloved friends and soul mates, and knew for certain that I too am a Being of Light, and that I was HOME. These friends communicated with me by mental telepathy, and primarily in emotions. Their emotions could be interpreted into English as: “Welcome home.” “We ran ahead of the ‘rest of us’ because we couldn’t wait to see you.” “Tell us everything [about human life].” And, of course, they communicated intense unconditional love, joy at seeing me, and acceptance of and curiosity about my adventure into human life. My sense was that they were extremely anxious to observe my life as Nanci. In response, I replayed every single second of Nanci’s life events and sensory input all at once for them, not for myself. These Light Beings actually entered into my life events, as me or others around me, and lived those events as though they were actually me doing it. I thought it odd at the time, but later learned how normal this is at higher evolutionary stages.

While my friends enjoyed my life review, memories of my eternal life filled my mind. They included hundreds of physical lifetimes, in humans and other species, as well as thousands of what we would call years spent living in what I was calling “Light Being society,” and what might also be called “life between lives.” I was astounded that I could possibly have forgotten all of it. “Knowing” informed me that when a Light Being like me enters into a human as its soul, only part of its total Energy does so. The rest of the Being’s Energy stays in the Light and continues to evolve as it observes the soul part’s experiences. The reintegration of my memories as an eternal being with those of my just passed human life completed my transformation back into my natural state as a Being of Light.

Soon, I realized that I had access to all of the knowledge of the universe (what I call Universal Knowledge) just by focusing my attention and intention on what I wanted to know. My thought processing was accelerated so greatly that I was able to absorb phenomenal amounts of information instantly. I wanted to know the answers to all my most pressing spiritual questions. So I searched Universal Knowledge for the answers to: what is Source/God? What am I? How was the universe created? Why? What is the purpose of life? Of life as a human? What does source expect of me while in human form? Where is heaven? Hell? What is the correct religion? The answers fill my first book, Backwards: Returning to Our Source for Answers. Upon receiving “knowing” on all these topics I was very upset that no one had told me before how simple life and death are. I wanted to know why religion had failed me in this regard. In response, a “documentary” of the development of religion among humans over the course of three Earth epochs, the third of which constitutes mankind’s future, played out in my mind. My manuscript entitled Backwards Beliefs sets forth what I remember of this documentary.

After receiving my fill from Universal Knowledge, I realized that I could enter into my Light Being friends and live their eternal lives as they had just done my life as Nanci. So I merged my Energy into theirs as we formed a collective being of six. I could at one and the same time experience myself as the personality I had always known as “myself,” as well as experiencing one of my friend’s lives as though I were my friend. Or I could experience what it was like to be a collective being. I understood at the time that living in this manner was an evolutionary stage beyond that of Light Beings, whose lives we would perceive to be as discrete, individual beings with spiritual bodies. At this stage of awareness there was no “beingness”—only a mental or conscious existence.

Ultimately, my soul mates and I decided as a collective being to rejoin “the rest of us.” I understood this English term to mean the Source of creation, the entity humans call “God.” For the first time during the NDE I experienced movement similar to how we feel it as humans. Up until this point everything seemed to transpire within my own mind. But now our merged entity of six seemed to move forward deeper and deeper into the Light to rejoin Source’s core. As we neared it I understood more and more about the universe and our place within it, as well as my own nature as part of Source. It became excruciatingly clear to me that the whole of our universe transpires exclusively within the mind of Source. There is only one being in our universe—Source. All things that we perceive as physical reality are really thoughts manifested by Source within its own Energy field. And, most importantly, none of it ever leaves the Source. So, I intimately experienced the “knowing” that I am literally part of Source’s thoughts, and the illusion that I am separate from it is a gift from Source to itself in order that Source might fully explore its own personality and creativity.

Sometime during this process I decided that I “could do it better.” I could live Nanci’s life better and give back to the experience more than I had before I died. And, I passionately wanted to share with my fellow Light Beings in soul form the truth of who we really are, and the simplicity of life as part of Source. These emotions apparently impelled my return to the body in a traumatic process of leaving the Light. But as I whirl winded back into human flesh I did my best to remember as much as I could so that I might share it with others in my books.

My near-death experience was unlike any I have ever read about. It was far more intellectual: filled with “knowings”, understandings about the “truths” of the universe, and insights. And I delved deeper into life after death than I had thought possible in an NDE, ultimately evolving through higher levels of existence beyond anything I had ever dreamed possible.

The early stages of the NDE were fairly standard: I left my body, went into the Light, experienced overwhelming unconditional love, peace, joy, and acceptance, met Beings of Light, and had a life review. What was dramatically different about my NDE was what I learned during these stages, as well as what happened to me during and after the life review.

Good read, Hutch, although I found the author's arrogance about the uniqueness of her experience a bit off-putting. :blink:

Good read, Hutch, although I found the author's arrogance about the uniqueness of her experience a bit off-putting. :blink:

Good point but the story is still amazing...makes ya wonder...

Good point but the story is still amazing...makes ya wonder...

Yeah, this is that same recurring theme. I've been there, you've been there, probably a lot of people on this site have been somewhere similar. The more I think about it, the more I think that this is the reality. Looking forward to finding out for sure one day.

many times over years i found my visions taking me down various tunnel forms.

but a few months ago i found myself looking at a receding star field effect.like i am moving backwards away from some point or event.

on about the fifth time this happened i decided to investigate.

turned my visual perspective[seemed like myself] around to face an overpowering all absorbing bright light.

i must admit i felt threatened by dissolution of self in the light........

t s t .

finding this curious as i am currently investigating the dark......

Imagine dying and discovering with amazement that you are in fact not dead but in spirit form and you have lived many lives before...how great is that...now imagine you just find out that in the one before this one you were Hitler :P . someone has to be :lol:

god does not exist = god is in the head = nature is god = god is everything

all good to me

from a greek planthead

peace

god does not exist = god is in the head = nature is god = god is everything

all good to me

from a greek planthead

peace

:)

NIce one, although how about

God exists and is everything = your head is god?

Either works for me, take your pick, I guess. Or... sit on the fence, like a good lil' agnostic.

I'm only agnostic because the god of uncertainty would damn me into the hell of delusion if i stop believing in non-belief.

no, agnostic is just a style I don't prefer.

God exists and is everything = your head is god?

if god is everything and god is nature and god is me and each one of us and all of us together {though I seriously doubt mankind is god, more like the devil I would say}

then this is thing is not god!

yeah it exists, but it's not god

if you think more about it

the only thing the word god serves is more confusion and of course , the word god supports all forms of traditional organised religion along with many bad stuff.

I prefer 'the other' , and I prefer more 'nature'

i dont need god, or a higher ego in the sky. I have simply come to the conclusion of a something, this something is creative as there is something here. I cannot create these somethings and have no knowledge of how I would construct my own body or conciousness, and yet it exist ...there certainly is something here.

And then, in meditation, a something, a silent message, a knowing, a feeling ...that I was tapping this creative force, that I was a part of this force ...after all I must have been created by a creative force.

Then I realised that other people refer to this feeling as God, while still some other people are scared and make-up a god that they can worship so that bad things dont happen.

These two concepts are very different yet are described with the same word, "god". Regardless, any suggestion that I woke-up one morning in a panic and started praying out of desperation is baseless.

My belief in 'god' or a creative force/great spirit is logical and intelligent. I am sure you 'disbelievers' can agree that indeed there is some matter here, and that it does arrange itself in a rather beautiful and intelligent way ...so intelligent you might even say that it has intelligence, that it is concious, as conciousness is a prerequisite of intelligence...

Just have to add to respond to the last comment that, evil serves good and good serves evil. If God (simply a creative force) exists he does not care for good and evil, after all he allows evil to be and even creates evil in the world.

The mind creates good and evil through it's judgements, judgements that are made too quickly as there can be no good without evil. They are one and the same. Jesus and the Devil were both called the 'morning star'. And lucifer means something like 'brightest one' or 'shining one'.

Edited by ref1ect1ons