The Corroboree
hutch

Near death experience....

I don't know if it is just a simple fact that I am getting old or that some hallucinogenics plant seeds in your brain but I have been really fixated with death as of late. I stumbled on this website http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html a few weeks back and have nearly read it front to back. The story of Pam Reynolds is just amazing. This women was dead and of that there can be no doubt...she had to be dead or they could not perform the operation on her brain..How can it be?....There are 22 notable NDE,s on this site and every one is just fascinating but what has got me is how similar the experiences are to an experience I had on salvia (overseas where legal of coarse)....I have read hundreds of trip reports on Erowid as I am sure most of us have and am astounded at how similar a dmt/salvia trip is to a NDE of someone who has just died and been revived. Anyone here had an NDE? Be interested to hear your thoughts on the subject....for some reason the concept gives me a feeling of peace. After all...the one thing we will all do is die :P

Edited by hutch

Hey Hutch,

I started a post sort-of along these lines a while ago. I'm with you on how similar these experiences are.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24210&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

In a nutshell, check out the book "Journey of Souls"

**nice link, by the way, just read through it all.**

Edited by Rabaelthazar

I've had few serious accidents where I've had near death experiences and OOBE's.

Both times I've seen people working on me from outside my body to save me and the weird thing was, I had no desire to get back into my body.

I felt totally at peace, and I was not scared at all.

The weird thing was after the first OOBE, I felt like I didn't come all the way back if that makes any sense, like I was out of step with my body.

One day I noticed I didn't feel that way anymore and was back to normal.

I've had several minor accidents since, that have given me that out of sync feeling, not near death experiences but somehow related.

Sometimes if I loose my footing and almost fall, that can replicate that feeling, It's like after the near death experience ie my soul or spirit whatever you want to call it is now loosely attatched to my body and can get "jolted loose".

The small dose of salvia I tried did give a sense of dejavu which did remind of the feeling of a near death experience.

I have had a number of NDEs and they are not pleasant. Aspects of the experience that I had were reminiscent of very powerful doses of DMT when one thinks that they are prepared but actually are not. A lot of people have pleasant NDEs but mine were all hellish. In my case simulated death experiences through various chemicals were more pleasant and more rewarding. My real NDEs produced little other than panic, paranoia and weeks of mental disturbance whereas the others brought about through earwaxy looking stuff or outdoor furniture smelling herbs or cardboard etc brought about much more. I think Leary had some theories about drug simulated death experiences, about their positive effects , but I can't remember off the top of my head.

The small dose of salvia I tried did give a sense of dejavu which did remind of the feeling of a near death experience.

Thats interesting because I had a real sense of dejavu on salvia and I have never had an NDE or a OOBE...thats what has made me wonder at the link between the two. After reading others stories I am gob smacked by how similar they are. Mushrooms have allowed me a time for deep reflection...a time to ponder whats its all about and I am left with a sense there is more to this than one life and one death. Light, vibration, god, life story replay, the same things over and over again. Look at ancient writings and carvings from old civilizations all pointing to the same thing..

I suggest you take care...most of us have never had that type of accident and you have had two.... pretty scary but...What I would like to know but is has the experience made you feel any better about death?

Hey Hutch,

I started a post sort-of along these lines a while ago. I'm with you on how similar these experiences are.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24210&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

In a nutshell, check out the book "Journey of Souls"

**nice link, by the way, just read through it all.**

Yeah thanks Rabaelthazar, I must get a copy of that book...you should have a read of a few of the other stories as well...then compare erowid/dmt.....spooky :P

I have had a number of NDEs and they are not pleasant. Aspects of the experience that I had were reminiscent of very powerful doses of DMT when one thinks that they are prepared but actually are not. A lot of people have pleasant NDEs but mine were all hellish. In my case simulated death experiences through various chemicals were more pleasant and more rewarding. My real NDEs produced little other than panic, paranoia and weeks of mental disturbance whereas the others brought about through earwaxy looking stuff or outdoor furniture smelling herbs or cardboard etc brought about much more. I think Leary had some theories about drug simulated death experiences, about their positive effects , but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sorry to hear that Quilliam....that sounds a real bummer. Your not a closet axe murderer or anything like that are you :P may explain why it would be hellish. I have read of a few others who experienced the same sort of thing until rescued by other souls...maybe you were just about to be rescued...lets hope so :) Do you now have a fear of death?

the weeks after the real NDE I was plagued by thoyughts of death and the fear of it but thanks to a little help from my friends :shroomer: I have experienced ego death and the feeling of unity with everything in the universe. I am not afraid to die, I am ready to die (not that I'm seeking it) I guess the chemical NDEs that I have experienced helped to encourage feelings of disattachment to this body. For a long time now, I have realised that this body is not me but it does contain me.

Arggh not as eloquent as I would have liked to have been but you get the picture

edit; with the NDE/OBE experience being remarkably similar Dr Rick Strassman theorised that when experiences Death or a NDE the brain releases DMT, which may account for their similarity

it's just a theory but an interesting one

Edited by Quilliam

was at a party and some dude was pulling a spicy pipe.my friend came over and i wanted to respect the dudes silence and communicate the situation to my friend in as few words as possible.i said 'he's d-ceased' with the emphasis on the d.

cracked the dude up!

t s t .

I suggest you take care...most of us have never had that type of accident and you have had two.... pretty scary but...What I would like to know but is has the experience made you feel any better about death?

I suppose it does make the idea of dying less frightening, I'm not scared of the thought of dying now.

When the NDE's happened I was single and now I have a family so it's a different ballgame. When I was younger I was scared of dying but for selfish reasons, now I have a family I worry about what would become of them.

It has made me feel different about life more than how I feel about death.

I have really pondered the complexities of life, religion, karma and reincarnation - all that sort of stuff, things I would have never have given much thought to before my first NDE.

I think it has enabled me to see people in a different light too. A lot people that I once respected I now see as immature and childish even though some of them are much older than me. When I say childish I mean they are greedy, selfish people caught up in material pursuits and many of them are very arrogant too. On the flipside I see wisdom in some kids these days well beyond their years.

It makes me wonder if souls do evolve and get to come back.

NDEs, dissos & psychs intake, religious experiences, meditation, epileptic crisis, psychotic crisis etc can all activate the god-spot [a circuit in the brain] and thus cause a variety of experiences of apocalyptic/religious/blissful/messiah nature.

Where did you think all the elves and spirits come from? They're generated from that circuit! :rolleyes:

But I would say the most reliably/easy/faster way to replicate an NDE would be through dissociatives. Of course this would have to do with the individual's preference. F.e. to archieve something similar with psychs you would need a big dose, and this would bring on complications, if death is what you simply wanna explore.

All in all, dissociatives are more related to death/ego death IMO, because it's so easy to die on them. The faster way in and out would be using salvia d, in and out, but maybe this is TOO fast... Amanitas on the other hand, well this is too long lasting.... K might be one of the best choices.

quilliam>>

I have had a number of NDEs

how come?

Edited by mutant

yes K seems promising if you believe some of the hype. nausea as a standard side effect unfortunately. 400mg type doses sound like um, something else. retrieval of these experiences must be hard for the memory, even harder than remembering a trip, and indeed that's what people say. shouldn't be mixed with depressant type drugs, stuff like trips and stims have been mixed with no real ill effects (apart from being pointless as the K overpowers them) but depressants could be dangerous.

I have not experienced a dissosiactive but i feel that they would be a better simulation for the experience. Dissosociated from the ego and especially the body? yeah that sounds familiar.

I'm a diabetic and had these experiences due to disregarding my blood sugar levels/using too much insulin. but yeah they happened when I nearly slipped into a coma, I have related them on another NDE thread on here.

Now somebody else, I feel like a freak

Now somebody else, I feel like a freak

I don't understand sorry....you feel like your not who you think you are? You feel different to every body else? could you clarify your last sentence?

Bit unclear there yeah. I meant and now onto somebody else's NDE

Bit unclear there yeah. I meant and now onto somebody else's NDE

Ah yeah...got you now. Thanks for contributing...I find it all truly fascinating.

I will add that I have had such experiences only with natural dissos, salvia & amanitas, they're legal where I am at.

not dxm or k or nitrous

Edited by mutant

I died 2 weeks ago for a short time, went on life support for about 6 or so hours.. I was at total peace so much so that when i came though i wished i had passed away.. death is certainly nothing to be afraid of and should be a celebration.

I died 2 weeks ago for a short time, went on life support for about 6 or so hours.. I was at total peace so much so that when i came though i wished i had passed away.. death is certainly nothing to be afraid of and should be a celebration.

If you don't feel up to it don't, but, could you elaborate the experience for me a little more. Did you communicate with anyone, see anything...it just fascinates me. I am most definitely not afraid of death...just how I die is an issue..my fear is not being able to breath...thanks for sharing anyway...

Cheers

Hutch

I'm not sure if what happened to me counts as a NDE or some other kind of experience, but when I went into respiratory arrest from a fentanyl overdose (in hospital) I woke up to the resuscitation team ramming tubes down my throat I saw people standing all around my bed, all dressed in white. Like at least 8 people there. I had no idea at the time that anything bad had happened - I just thought they were waking me up for those annoying midnight checkups - and the ward room I was in (with 3 other patients) was a lot brighter than it was later, much like Deems makes things brighter. I bumped into one of the resus team from that night a year or so later and mentioned all the people around and he said there were no more than 3 people tops working around my bed at that time. Weird. For a period of around a year after that accident (which subsequently left me in a wheelchair) I had a very clear sense of feeling dissociated from my body. As if my spirit were about a foot behind my actual body and I was looking through my eyes from the back. Possibly that was just a psychological dissociation from having had such a physically-changing experience.

I don't know if necessarily the experience left me with any differing thoughts on death than I did before that time. I was pretty open to the possibility of dying and had come to terms with it, even then at 17. I still have no fear of death itself and what might come after, though I do absolutely fear pain and or torture. However I couldn't imagine ending my life by choice even though I'm not afraid of it, because I could never do that to my friends and family. So much of the time, it's the living that's the hard part.

FWIW, I found plateau 4 DXM to be pretty far-out, and would seem like it wouldn't be far-fetched to imagine the afterlife perhaps reminiscient of that CEV space. Though hopefully without Oprah on in the real world background adding to the CEV madness...

fourth plateau dxm = about as far out as one would care to go. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttt out there.

I think i massively od'd on K once. the report is here somewhere,as close to the NDE that i have read in books and magazines and on the net. Id almost say that it was quite the life changing experience. I went from basically suicidal to quite appreciative of the life, opportunities and good fortune that i have. I became excited about life instead of wanting to end the suffering i felt i was experiencing.

In hindsigh i think i could have been quite close to death, maybee i did die??? as far as far out plateus go... i dont want to go any further than that day!!!

If you don't feel up to it don't, but, could you elaborate the experience for me a little more. Did you communicate with anyone, see anything...it just fascinates me. I am most definitely not afraid of death...just how I die is an issue..my fear is not being able to breath...thanks for sharing anyway...

Cheers

Hutch

I took a massive overdose of benzos and opiates, saying this i didnt know what i was doing after the first 5 pills i took, apparently i took about 30 within a 12 or so hour period, then had some bright spark think morphine was a good idea, i wasn't in control at any point aside from remembering a few key points, one waking in hospital for the first time. i saw nothing heard nothing but had a profound feeling of peace, even for the week after i had been in hospital. i think if i had seen anything i wouldn't have been able to remeber it with the amount of benzos in my system. the only scary thing about death i find now is how your going to go, painfully, slowly etc, other than that death is peaceful and i am quite sure not the end of your existence, but god i hope im close to ascendancy because ive had enough of this over populated materialistic world. no im not suicidal even tho it may sound it

dc, how much do you think the benzos and opiates encouraged the feeling of peace?

if i was dead, i found death really boring, and grey. Like hanging around, cut of from everyone and everything, pining to be alive again, seeing all the beauty and love that was around me that i was bind to. I was feeling that i had missed out.

the scary thing was, not knowing how long that "greyness" that "limbo" would last.

• Like 1