The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA 2010 Psychedelic Symposium Dec 4-5 in Vic - Rick Doblin Headlining

EGA10_A5_1pgL_v3.jpg

EGA 2010 - Psychedelic Symposium

It is with great pleasure that we announce our second indoor Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) Symposium, held once again at The University of Melbourne in Australia. This year we have extended the conference over both Saturday and Sunday, and aim to provide an unprecedented professional and engaging program in the field of psychedelic studies. So get out your calendars and mark December 4-5 in your diary as the date for this years EGA.

If you wont to Know more about Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) follow this link:

http://www.entheo.net/EGA10_A4_v2LR.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Doblin Headlining

It is with enormous delight that EGA will be bringing Rick Doblin to Australia to headline this years Symposium. Rick is the founder of MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) a non-profit membership-based research and educational organization. Amongst other things, MAPS sponsors clinical studies intended to obtain US Food & Drug Administration [FDA] approval for the use of MDMA and LSD as prescription medicines. Without a doubt this is a massive opportunity for the Australian psychedelic community and we encourage you all to spread the news across your networks as Ricks presence will draw interest from people across a wide variety of disciplines. We expect the 350 tickets to sell out very quickly this year, so get in early and make your plans for EGA well in advance.

Bio - Rick Doblin, Ph.D., - MAPS Executive Director

Rick founded MAPS in 1986. His dissertation (Public Policy, Harvards Kennedy School of Government) was on "The Regulation of the Medical Use of Psychedelics and Marijuana," and his masters thesis (Harvard) focused on the attitudes and experiences of oncologists concerning the medical use of marijuana. His undergraduate thesis (New College of Florida) was a twenty-five year follow-up to the classic Good Friday Experiment, which evaluated the potential of psychedelic drugs to catalyze religious experiences. He has also conducted a thirty-four year follow-up study to Tim Learys Concord Prison Experiment.

Rick studied with Stan Grof, M.D., and was in the first group to become certified as holotropic breathwork practitioners. His professional goal is to help develop legal contexts for the beneficial uses of psychedelics and marijuana, primarily as prescription medicines but also for personal growth for otherwise "healthy" people, and to also become a legally licensed psychedelic therapist. He resides in Boston with his wife and three children.

Talk 1

'Psychedelics, Social Change, and Cultural Evolution'

Talk 2

'Developing Psychedelics into Prescription Medicines: MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder'

The MAPS Web Page

http://www.maps.org

Our Second Keynote Speakers will be Dr Alex Wodak, President of the Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation, and controversial Australian personality in the area of drug reform in Australia.

Lecture: The Failure and Futility of Global Drug Prohibition

Dr Alex Wodak -

Dr Alex Wodak is a physician and since 1982 has been the Director of the Alcohol and Drug Service at St. Vincents Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW. Major interests include prevention of alcohol and drug-related problems, harm reduction, treatment of drug users in prison and drug policy reform. Dr. Wodak is the President of the Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation and was President of the International Harm Reduction Association from 1996 to 2004. Dr. Wodak and colleagues established the first needle syringe programme and the first medically supervised injecting centre in Australia (when both were pre-legal). He is a member of a number of state and national committees and has often worked in developing countries to assist efforts to control HIV infection among injecting drug users. Dr. Wodak was awarded an AM in 2010. .

Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation Web Page

http://adlrf.org.au

Our third Keynote Speakers will be Mitch Schultz the US film directer of the forthcoming documentary DMT: the spirit molecule.

Lecture: 'Hacking Reality: Conscious Evolution of a Multi-­‐Dimensional Language System.'

Mitch Schultz Producer/ Director

Mitch started his journey in Memphis, TN. Since, he has called Texas, Minnesota, Colorado, and New York home. From an early age his love of film, art, music and storytelling fueled his path, and established his extensive background in film, broadcast, and interactive. Mitchs experience encompasses work with Ghost Robot, Synthetic Pictures, and a variety of television work. His education includes a BS in Radio-Television-Film from the University of Texas at Austin and a MPS from Tisch School of the Arts Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film and Television at New York University.

'The spirit molecule' web page

http://thespiritmolecule.com/

Other speakers and topics for EGA 2010:

Dr Des Tramacchi Exciting the Spirit: Cross-cultural perspectives on the uses of stimulants as entheogens

Joseph Gelfer Towards a Sacramental Understanding of Dextromethorphan

Rohan Mitchell Lock Picking, Interpretive Dance and Unbridled Curiosity - a Peek into the World of Psychedelic Chemistry

Torsten Wiedemann Is it legal?

Robin Rodd Ayahuasca Use in Australia: Cultural Context and Perceptions of Health Consequences

Michael Bock Ergots (and their relatives) of Australasia and the Ergot alkaloids

Dr Anna Kokavec Contribution of mood, motives, personality and coping to licit and illicit substance use in young adults aged 18-25 years

Jasen Iboga/Ibogaine in the use of addiction

Henry Cox An Introduction to The Cultural Constructions of Pituri Use

Rak Razam From Cosmic Consciousness to Convergence: Mapping the Species Activation

Sean Leneghan The Varieties of the Ecstasy Experience

Stephen Bright Taking entheogens to the masses: Reflections on presenting to the Australasian Professional Society for Alcohol and other Drugs (APSAD)

The EGA program will also include a number of panel discussions

Facilitator - Aaron - Topic Title: Research chemicals: Walking the cutting edge of brain/mind integration

Facilitator - Rak Razam - Medical Psychedelics: Soma for the Masses?

Facilitator - Rak Razam Turn On, Tune In, Evolve is a New Psychedelic Revolution our Best Hope for Planetary Survival?

The Full speaker bios and synopsis avalible;

http://www.entheogenesis.org/speakers/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ticketing Info

Tickets for the 2010 EGA Psychedelic Symposium is very limited and on sale now.

There are only 350 tickets available to this conference, so be sure to get in early.

DATE AVAILABLE TICKETS PRICE

02/11/10 29/11/10 Final boarding call $170 ( $135 concession with ID)

Daypass Only 10 per day available @ $90, email us at entheogenesis<at symbol>gmail

To buy a ticket simply follow this link to the EGA Shop

http://www.entheo.net/egashop.php

In the Flash from

The Happy Herb Shop, 317 Smith St Fitzroy, VIC. Phone: (03) 9419 1277.

The Pixie Collective, 374 High St, Northcote, Vic. Phone: (03) 9077 9719

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help spread the word about the forthcoming EGA conference in your networks and help keep EGA alive.

And if you have not guest all paying attendees receive a free copy of this years EGA journal at the conference

We hope to see you at EGA 2010.

Love and Light

The EGA Team

http://www.entheo.net

:lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

B):o:worship:

wooo hooo !!!

:worship:

Awesome Ronny.

cant wait.

Can a Nice SAB Mod please Pin this thread and releases last years thread thanks :wink:

It is Code for - "release the EGA hounds" :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

woot to the woot

Does indeed look sweet as!

Wootage! :lol:

WOW, i wasn't going to come down from Brisbane this year but i'm not going to miss this. Thanks Ronny and EGA Team, much respect..

Edited by Snaggletooth

EGA is building themselves quite the Resume. With every heavy-weight they get to do lectures it adds cause and gives them a boost. I really see EGA becoming a Heavy-weight itself and i wont be surprised if we start to see overseas chapters and the like popping up.

Good work Ronald and crew. :wub:

cheers

fark i hate living in WA. wonder if its worth going over for 2 days

Edited by B_T

Yes i can understand it would not be easy to make the big interstate pilgrimage to the indoor for all, but certainly many people will. People like Rick do not have very much free time, and the indoor Symposium is the perfect EGA event for them as they can fly in and out.

You know the dates now some 5 months in advance, so keep your eye on cheap flights, and maybe try and tie it in with some other element in your life like visiting friends and family or something like that.

It has taken over 30 years for Rick to make it down-under, simply put do not miss this very rare opportunity.

And Rick is only the first speaker to be announced!

:lol:

Awesome. Think I'll finally be able to make it to this one.

farking awesome, i beez dare too!

very nice, good work!

Yep the whole EGA Team is equal as excited about this one as the community, first time they have all been buzzing so much about the one headliner.

:)

I gots a nice surprize for u2 ronny............... Turns out due to a fortunate turn of events, I can at this time say with 99% asuredness that I will be able to attend EGA this year :lol::lol::lol: So I'll be able to be onboard this year in a physical sense.

Also......As per last year, I'll donate 5 grafted lophs to encourage the purchase of raffle tickets by doing the same deal as last year of peeps who buy above a certain amount of raffle ticket automatically recieve a free grafted loph and deff 1 maybe 2 larger grafted llophs for prizes if time permits.

P.S. also got those 2 other lophs here for retirement gifts :P

Edited by naja naja

I am there, already looking forward to it. We should have a melb meet after or before EGA so we can get all the plant heads together at one time :)

Good work Ronny

im keen now! hate flying so might train it. is their any other WA peeps going! naja looks like the only one so far.

might even drive the bus over

I am there, already looking forward to it. We should have a melb meet after or before EGA so we can get all the plant heads together at one time :)

Good work Ronny

this would be brilliant, as i and im sure a heap of others would love to join in on a melbourne meet. i went to the one at the last melb uni ega (2008), and it was great meeting some of you.

but ega being the two days of the weekend, might be a bit tricky.

cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

Hey Guys, I am as keen to see everyone too at some kind of meet, however there is going to be a 'happening' on the Saturday night of some sort, and then an after party on the Sunday night, so i think we are best declaring one of them the meet and keeping it simple. lets just wait and see how it develops and go from there.

:wink:

Fantastic news all around naja naja - i will give you a call asap to chat over things - your continuing support is very well received.

:worship::shroomer::worship:

And yes retirement gifts - those would be ace :lol:

your the Bomb

:wub:

I gots a nice surprize for u2 ronny............... Turns out due to a fortunate turn of events, I can at this time say with 99% asuredness that I will be able to attend EGA this year :lol::lol::lol: So I'll be able to be onboard this year in a physical sense.

Also......As per last year, I'll donate 5 grafted lophs to encourage the purchase of raffle tickets by doing the same deal as last year of peeps who buy above a certain amount of raffle ticket automatically recieve a free grafted loph and deff 1 maybe 2 larger grafted llophs for prizes if time permits.

P.S. also got those 2 other lophs here for retirement gifts :P