The Corroboree
watertrade

rules of the forum - please read

Hi Everyone,

Evil Genius and I moderate the chill forum, currently the report feature does not report to the forum moderators but to the admin.

To help us get on top of things quickly, if someone is stirring up shit in this forum please PM me or Evil Genius and we will do what we can to resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

The forum posting rules are below - they are simple and easy to follow.

Posting Rules

1) Do not incriminate yourself or others.

2) Please be friendly and supportive (no insults).

3) Racism, homophobia, or any other bigotry will not be tolerated.

4) Commercial postings are permitted as long as they are relevant and not obtrusive.

5) Trading and advertising items for sale is welcome and encouraged!!

6) Provide a valid and accurate climate, or a location from which climate can be deduced.

* It is also courteous to not hijack people's threads and stear conversation 'off topic' please try to stay on track.

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 1

so will you guys be monitoring the trade forum as well? or is andyamine back on board??

i really feel we need someone there, andy if he is and willing to be still around,does a great job, as that is where alot of shit can/does start. (definately not me, i wouldnt want a moderators job, im not as diplomatic as wt or eg though im aspiring :) )

someone who will be on board on a regular basis to mediate when trades go awry. maybee a sticky in the thread to notify the trade moderator for his direction and advice before jumping and making a thread concerning someone whos 3 days late in a free trade thread, and just generaly when theres any shit concerning a trade.this has been a general area of unrest and dysfunction within the forum. Its there, that as the forum grows, there will be the necessity for a pro-active and dedicated mod with skills in mediation in regards to trades so that stuff doesnt spill out and seep through the rest of the forum.

hope tat makes sense. and andy not havin a dig, just never see u round much. hope ur well :)

Edited by incognito

why not have a trading record sheet, where all trades are registered with a trusted member, and the terms of the trade are recorded (e.g. prices, items, quality, time to complete the trade). that way if someone wants to make a trade they can check up on the reliability of the other party. if they don't fulfill the terms of the agreement, then it'll be very apparent very quickly, rather than having someone ripping off 10 members before it becomes readily apparent. to ensure that the system works, you'd probably need to make all trades compulsory, and if someone doesn't pre-submit a trade record and ends up getting ripped off, well then, as they say in the classics, tough titties.

also, if i was to call someone on the forums a "chat cunt", like say, incognito, would this be considered an insult?

Edited by faustus

We´ll talk about that with Torsten. In my opinion, Andy should stay mod and we should put one or two additional mods there till he´s back for good. But thats just my opinion and im not sure in which direction T wants to go with the trading section. As you know, it can get very hot there and it´s possible that Torsten wants to moderate it himself. bye Eg

also, if i was to call someone on the forums a "chat cunt", like say, incognito, would this be considered an insult?

lol not to me, Jeff Goldblum ;)

i can only ever, and will only ever, associate that term with your eccentric self :)

i loved it how u think its funny and people just think your a tool hahaha. thats the funny bit for me :)

funny cos its true ;)

lol i dont think it would be possible for you to insult me now, after bagging me out for praising mel gibson as an actor, and then admitting to Braveheart being one of your favorite movies! to be honest, i loves ya :wub:

love u Jeffrey xx

oh yeah best put that into context of the thread. i wouldnt feel offended by being called a 'chat cunt' as faustus so eloquently states, as we know each other personally, and no offense is taken as i know hes just being a moon-unit. However if he labelled say someone who didnt know him on that kind of level, especially a newbie, or someone whos struggling on an emotional level, it would cause harm to them and the forum as a whole. so i guess my answer to your question dear faustus, is to use your melon when using a term that could be taken as personally offensive. jesus how many Phd's will u need before you can answer that question for yourself? :wink:

jeff_goldblum.jpg

CHAT CUNT

Edited by incognito

Thanks guys..

As i'm a complete noob.. is there a place on the forum for folks like me to say Hi, or a good place to start?

if you Want to say hi start an introduction thread in the chill space part of the forum

Hi permatony :)/>

Jesus this is an ancient thread jebus I'm a dick. Sorry Faustus :(

Edited by incognito

incognito for mod of Bitches and Gripes

Edited by chilli
  • Like 2