The Corroboree
planthelper

poppy season has started?

i once discovered something about poppies i would like to share, naturaly i was residing in a country where the considerate use of poppies is quite legal...

with poppies one has basicly two options, either to cook them, or to lance/bleed them and than cook them, after scraping off the raw opium.

raw opium is incredible stuff, but the problem is that, lancing in many climats does not only produce only tiny ammounts of opium, it's aswell an action hard to pull thru, as it rises not only suspicion, but you have to come back to the heads aswell to scrape them, in short a lot of fuzz with lot's of risks.

the proposed methode, is to cut of the heads and to milk them at home.

problem is though that often, hardly any milk will be produced.

but milk production can be increased a plentyfull by surrounding the heads with hot water!!!

so all you do is, to cut the stem with a razorblade close to the head, and place the head in a dish (poppy heads will stand very secure if placed up side down!

now if it bleeds, take the head and place the drop on a piece of alu foil, if not or just too little and not worth a collection, put it onto the dish.

after a while when your dish is full of upside down turned poppy heads (oh what a lovly sight ) you pour hot water with the kettle into the dish, and voila suddenly the poppy heads which refused to yield any milk before, will start to bleed!

now take them one by one and collect the drips onto the alufoil.

collecting onto the alufoil, has not only the advantage of not having to mess around with scraping, but aswell allowes the collection of small ammount of milk, by pressing the clean straight cut, onto the level tinfoil.

now you can if necessary fold the alufoil a bit so that all the milk collects at the centre, than just let it dry.

some sources say opium is only good if dried by the sun, well if you believe this put the foil somewhere save, but into the direct sunlight. only downside is that you can only milk them on this day, and not like professionals on 3 or more days in a row. but this doesn't realy pose an issue because, most poppies grown in our areas will not bleed much anyway, as mentioned before.

but anyway, either water your poppies, before bleeding, or choose a time to do "the home bleeding" after good rains, as this increases milk flow.

Edited by planthelper

Ah thanks for the info :)

nice one.

Is good to know another method of extraction

Cheers, very low expectations of what i will acheive in SEQ...

Edited by Snaggletooth

nice tek

pod lemon tea is a favorite of regular users o/seas, i hear also warnings to start low and be cautious!

Edited by spacemonk

Beautiful flowers they have...

Edited by Heffa

november is a typical flowering time

just in time for christmas

Edited by Heffa

Irie PH,

Reminds me of, mi miss spent youth....A bunch of Kiwi's introduced this to swim in the '80's...

Careful though guy's, it can lead to a bit of a bad habit!

Plus rattling around in the back of a VW combi with loads of plant material, can make you quite nauseousness. :puke:

Respect

Z

I hope you guys realise that stating 'i am germinating poppy seeds' is no different than stating 'I am germinating cannabis seeds' as far as the law is concerned.

I hope you guys realise that stating 'i am germinating poppy seeds' is no different than stating 'I am germinating cannabis seeds' as far as the law is concerned.

Chucklez',...

whisperz,...

Quite obviously these are icelandic poppies, beautiful flowers they have..

Quite obviously these are icelandic poppies, beautiful flowers they have..

yes, they are sure very beautyfull creatures!post-70-127595410543_thumb.jpg

8813.jpg

8813.jpg

ok, the season has definately started, and one of the very handy poppies to grow now, is the californian poppy, eschscholzia californica! it brings early spring flowers into our gardens and the herb does make a pretty good herbal smoke. one could aswell try to make resins out of this plant.post-70-127656271548_thumb.jpg

now, an other handy plant would be argemone mexicana (prickly poppy), or any of the argemones, as there are always the white and the yellow growing together...

if you plant out the prickly poppy in your own garden, choose a "safe location" as this plant can selfseed readily as all of the poppies. prickly poppy is aswell a gorgeous plant but it's thorns and weed potential mean that, i rather prefere to harvest from the wild this plant than to grow it at home.

argemone produces a lot of latex, which can be collected and used as a legal high.

you simply just cut the tips of this plant and collect the juice on some tinfoil, or you let it dry for a while on the plant and collect it by scrapping the rsin off.

post-70-127656373378_thumb.jpg

175px-Eschscholzia_californica_i01.jpg

Argemone-grandiflora.jpg

175px-Eschscholzia_californica_i01.jpg

Argemone-grandiflora.jpg

Someone I know has just had a winter poppy crop come into bloom and is still wondering which method to use - in others experience is bleeding worth the time and effort? Relatively small plants being used here - maybe 2 feet high with up to 3 pods per plant.

The person has never done this process before and looking for some good pointers with the main goal being to maximise final yield (obviously ;) - but if the difference in diffilculty is much larger than the potential gain in yield then the easiest option is also on the cards!

Thanks

poppy tea is more reliable than o harvesting however it can also be deadly, there is no way of knowing how strong the plant is. proceed with caution.

^^^

Yeah, a friend who lives over seas said pp tea is the most efficient. Also he says the potency can easily take you by surprise. He was on over a 100ml/day (I forget) methadone and and he claims that about 7, high quality and well prepared pods was enough for him to miss a dose of methadone and be well for at least 2 days. He says the right strains are easy to get and far more potent and longer lasting than most street heroin.

Just sayin is all

let me more so, put forward a word of caution, specialy for the not experienced people.

i believe poppy tea, or boiled down water extracts are more dangerous than raw opium.

and i mean this the same way, how smoking heroin might be "safer" aswell, than needle or indegestion.

i never got very fond of opiates, but still, i would never mess with this plant, and this means, to use it only, say maybe 3 times a year, or less.

even poppyseed wash can be fatal, so be carefull!

The person I know likes to minimise the unknown as much as possible - poppy tea etc is definitely out of the question... Latex is the desired end result from what the person tells me - either raw/refined smokable... This plant can make anyone it's bitch! Caution is definitely needed

I also wanted to add an obvious but often over looked caution, especially for those that are new to pods.

One season of pod growing can very very very very very very very easily lead to a physical dependence that could last for years (especially when you realise seed wash is just as "good") and hurt you and others in more ways than one.

A lot of people never get over it or die trying.

• Like 1