The Corroboree
Slybacon

Quotes of the day.

@Northerner

I think it's pretty clear but ok 

Maybe take it up with the Nobel Prize committee, I think they gave him the literature prize because he was an idiot.

Edited by Pedro99

Alan Watts ( a contemporary of Dylan's, back in the day) also drew a distinction between narcotic drugs and psychedelics. But clearly (sorry Bob) LSD belongs in the latter category. Opium? Not sure. Dylan probably saw the worst excesses of 60s psychedelia, but I'm surprised at his take on LSD. 

For Watts the key distinction was whether a substance (or experience) expanded or reduced consciousness. But even in the case of psychedelics, repeated use was unlikely to deliver on the promise of spiritual liberation. "If you get the message," he said of LSD, "then hang up the phone." 

Edited by fyzygy

@Pedro99

Just because a particular group of people agree a pile of dog shit is art, does not stop it being a pile of dog shit.

“The art world is the biggest joke going. It’s a rest home for the overprivileged, the pretentious, and the weak.”
― Banksy

How is that remotely relevant? 

A quote from.. banksy? lol wat 

You're a bit of a wanker I guess, chiming in when you don't like something that someone else does... No point in me reading or responding to your baiting posts 

The point being made about LSD by Bob here is not that "cool" people don't use it, it's that the real benefit gained from it is by angry hateful people, because it opens up their hearts (hopefully). 

Edited by Pedro99

I could be a bit of a wanker or you could be reading me wrong . ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯   You seem a bit defensive/aggressive hey.

The quote from Banksy was relevant to the Nobel Prize Committee for literature, is much the same as a the art scene. It's a lot about popularity and perceived value, and the reason I wouldn't take up anything with them.

Zimmerman was being pretty obtuse in the quote saying "But LSD is not for groovy people; it's for mad, hateful people who want revenge. It's for people who usually have heart attacks." if that really means it can be healing. None of the LSD users I know fit that description, and if I was going to recommend a psychedelic for someone who does fit that description it certainly wouldn't be acid.

Anyhow man, peace hey. I'm not trying to upset you. It's just a internet forum.

And, to be clear, I wasn't saying Zimmerman is dogshit. I was pointing out that if a particular group of people agree dogshit is art it does not make it so.... that's all.

U2 is a Good example .  They have a massive following and have received countless awards and nominations , their concerts are guaranteed sell outs wherever they go ..  but to me, they sound like fucking dog shit .    

• Like 2

@Northerner Yeh you're not wrong. Was probably a bit hasty, did seem like a dig though. Well, we all have off days/moments, peace. 

• Like 1

"You gunna learn today" - Kevin Hart's Dad

There is no route out of the maze. The maze shifts as you move through it, because it is alive.

Philip k Dick 

What is the outer world, that which houses our inner human experience?

We exist within an object, a system, that system is intelligent - we must rise above and meet it. 

When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.

and

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Isaac Asimov

"Fuck your so sexy - Sorry for msg you and saying this but I can't help it babe lol..you are so fucking amazingly perfect it's unbelievable!! I wank over you so much babe you are fucking amazing I'd love to spunk all over your pretty face and amazing body so bad you are absolutely fucking epic xxxx"

amagadz yeah ! what a happy life :innocent_n:

"Why did i bother getting up today...." 

From every human being that ever lived :devil:

“Illnesses do not come upon us out of the blue. They are developed from small daily sins against nature. When enough sins have accumulated, illnesses will suddenly appear.“

-Hippocrates 

People get crushed like biscuit crumbs and laid down in the bitumen

you have tried your best to please everyone

but it just isn't happening

This is your blind spot, blind spot

It should be obvious, but it's not

The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater. Frank Zappa

• Like 1

“The whole process of child development and education is to take your brain, which is extremely malleable, and force it to be like everyone else’s brain. Under psychedelics, you go back to a state where bits of the brain that haven’t spoken since you were a baby can cross-talk. And it’s that increased connectivity that allows people to get new insights into old problems.”

Dr David Nutt

• Like 1

“In battle, in forest, at the precipice in the mountains, On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows, In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame, The good deeds a man has done before defend him.”

Robert Oppenheimer

It's ok to make the same mistake twice but not for a lifetime.

I fully understand him. They are offering to kill him or offering him serious permanent adverse effects. Clearly, he has to put them in place. Yet, they decided to play the "we are innocent" game. One of the culprits even made it look like he was rude because he had enough of their murderous jab offering.