The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

Find a good size screen with good surround sound speakers and try "Ninja Scroll". :P

I like good manga because as a medium what can be represented is only limited by the imagination.

• Like 3

a spanish speaking movie i thought was really good , not action packed but some good acting and a real life scenario .

''Biutiful''

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1164999/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Uxbal, single father of two children, finds his life in chaos as he is forced to deal with his life in order to escape the heat of crime in underground Barcelona, to break with the love for the divorced, manic depressive, abusive mother of his children and to regain spiritual insight in his life as he is diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Edited by bℓσωηG

another spanish flick i really enjoyed ..''The secret in their eyes''

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806/

In 1999, retired Argentinian federal justice agent Benjamín Espósito is writing a novel, using an old closed case as the source material. That case is the brutal rape and murder of Liliana Coloto. In addition to seeing the extreme grief of the victim's husband Ricardo Morales, Benjamín, his assistant Pablo Sandoval, and newly hired department chief Irene Menéndez-Hastings were personally affected by the case as Benjamín and Pablo tracked the killer, hence the reason why the unsatisfactory ending to the case has always bothered him. Despite the department already having two other suspects, Benjamín and Pablo ultimately were certain that a man named Isidoro Gómez is the real killer. Although he is aware that historical accuracy is not paramount for the novel, the process of revisiting the case is more an issue of closure for him. He tries to speak to the key players in the case, most specifically Irene, who still works in the justice department and who he has always been attracted to .

I didnt think i could ever enjoy a movie about ballet , but this movie was very good!! great thriller twisted. ''Black Swan''

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947798/?ref_=sr_1

Nina (Portman) is a ballerina in a New York City ballet company whose life, like all those in her profession, is completely consumed with dance. She lives with her obsessive former ballerina mother Erica (Hershey) who exerts a suffocating control over her. When artistic director Thomas Leroy (Cassel) decides to replace prima ballerina Beth MacIntyre (Ryder) for the opening production of their new season, Swan Lake, Nina is his first choice. But Nina has competition: a new dancer, Lily (Kunis), who impresses Leroy as well. Swan Lake requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents guile and sensuality. Nina fits the White Swan role perfectly but Lily is the personification of the Black Swan. As the two young dancers expand their rivalry into a twisted friendship, Nina begins to get more in touch with her dark side - a recklessness that threatens to destroy her

• Like 1

Find a good size screen with good surround sound speakers and try "Ninja Scroll". :P

I like good manga because as a medium what can be represented is only limited by the imagination.

Agreed, "Ninja Scroll" is my favourite manga film although I haven't seen many :blink:

Be sure to see the uncut R-rated version!

I didnt think i could ever enjoy a movie about ballet , but this movie was very good!! great thriller twisted. ''Black Swan''

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947798/?ref_=sr_1

On the whole I'm a big fan of Darren Aronofsky, cept requiem which I couldn't stand.

My two favourites are Pi,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/

and

The Fountain

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/

The Fountain is one of the few movies I can watch on a regular basis. ie once a year

• Like 2

Agreed, "Ninja Scroll" is my favourite manga film although I haven't seen many :blink:

Be sure to see the uncut R-rated version!

Yes , there are a couple different manga with this title. This versions a favorite.

A couple other manga that are favs of mine are:-

(These addresses are for full movies)

Venus Wars www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzpJZ7wpU80

Fist of the North Star www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymoaQwAD77Y

and Wicked City www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0gB5-VmnKo

Edited by Mycot
  • Like 2

Really liked this French Drama a bit slow to get going but well made good characters..

Rust and Bone (2012)
"De rouille et d'os" (original title)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2053425/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Put in charge of his young son, Alain leaves Belgium for Antibes to live with his sister and her husband as a family. Alain's bond with Stephanie, a killer whale trainer, grows deeper after Stephanie suffers a horrible accident.

===============================================================================================================

HAhaha and this was one of the worst movies i have ever watched in its entirety but it was so bad it made me laugh its a Hindi zombie flick set in Goa lol

Edited by bℓσωηG

On the whole I'm a big fan of Darren Aronofsky, cept requiem which I couldn't stand.

Word. I don't mind sad films, even slightly depressing...but Requiem is just pure bleakness. I think it says more about me than the quality of the film, I'm sure there are folks who love it and I can totally see why.

Pi kicks ass though.

Here are some pics for those who love really clever sci-fi:

The Man From Earth.

Seriously clever, super low budget but totally enthralling...one of the best sci-fi films I've seen but which is just a bunch of people sitting in a room talking.

Primer.

Made for $7000 by an engineer. He stars, directed, edited, wrote, scored, screen played the whole thing with friends and family also acting. Complete mind fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CC60HJvZRE

Absolutely loved it!

• Like 3

Just watched Trance. Think I need to watch it again to get my head around what just happened. Worth a watch........ or two?

• Like 1

good movie rahli :) i just finished watching it , nicely put together indeed

• Like 1

Beneath the clouds really dig this film it says so much without saying much at all :wink: and was actually on NITV just last night. Which brings to to something else i was watching at the same time and switching between the two hehe

Let me In - probably the only vampire movie i have ever enjoyed watching, originally based on a Swedish novel - let the right one in which was also made into a film ( screening tonite on SBS 2 ) about a young boy who befriends a strange young girl who happens to be a vampire. Definitely worth a watch will be watching the original tonight, should be as good as the remake.

Two very decent movies i watched recently...

'Disconnect ' (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1433811/?ref_=nv_sr_1

'Broken ' (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441940/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Edited by bℓσωηG
  • Like 1

Absolutely loved it!

I think anyone that doesnt watch this movie should be banned permanently forever from the circle of friends

that looks incredible!

Beneath the clouds really dig this film it says so much without saying much at all...

Let me In - probably the only vampire movie i have ever enjoyed watching, originally based on a Swedish novel - let the right one in which was also made into a film ( screening tonite on SBS 2 ) about a young boy who befriends a strange young girl who happens to be a vampire. Definitely worth a watch will be watching the original tonight, should be as good as the remake.

I agree he really managed to make the scenes speak rather than rely on dialogue in Beneath Clouds.

Let the Right One In kills the U.S. remake IMO (as is the case with every U.S. remake I've seen), has a really distinctive mood that gets lost in translation.

Do the Right Thing is a classic from the late '80s... tensions flare on a hot day in Bed Stuy

Speaking of remakes, it'll be interesting to see what Spike Lee does with Oldboy

upstream colour, from the writer of primer,

honestly one of my fav movies i've seen

just remember david lynch - "it's about ideas" :)

Firstly I'd just like to clarify that is a very brutal and gory movie, so if you are the least bit squeamish then don't even watch the trailer.

I'm not classing this a piece of cinematographic par excellence by any means. I'm really posting it as a warning in case anyone happens upon the movie and gets intrigued by the plot like I did and has to watch the rest of it to find out what happened. It's the sort of thing where you don't want watch but just can't look away.

This movie had a serious psychological impact on me for quite some after I watched it.

You have been warned

• Like 1

^ what film is worth watching, even if for the beautiful tasmanian wilderness