The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Why does Kratom extract not work for me?

After discovering that an Aussie online "legal high" vendor was selling Kratom I decided to try some as I had always wanted to.

I tried smoking it off foil with a funnel, through an ice pipe and finally through a bong. I got absolutely no effects whatsover even after repeated tries and am wondering if I am ingesting it wrong or if I lack a certain enzyme or something?

This also happened recently with another kind of resin extract and it is doing my head in why this won't work for me.

Also the legal high store in question will not sell any of their dodgy under the counter products to anyone, you have to build up a relationship with the guy first. I will not have anything to do with them again though as the guy is more than just a little nutty.

How sure are you that it was in fact the product he said it was?

How sure are you that it was in fact the product he said it was?

Thanks for the reply. It was confirmed by a 3rd party as being genuine.

meh kratom doesnt do much for me either man, but nor do p.som. boring boring to me.

Kratom = meh.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone know what temperature Kratom vapourises at? If it doesn't have any effect through the Volcano then I'll give up.

Kratom has no effect on me whatsoever... I've tried some pretty large quantities and nothing!! so you're not alone!

i have the same exeperiece on psp.soms(ive had HUGE doses from various sources, same on crapanol, same for morphine. i think some people just aernt responsive to the opiate effect. at best i feel really sick and throw up alot, and am able to walk through cathead fields barefooted. but above all is a feeling of overwhelming boredom!!

back when it was legal smoking it did little for me.eventually i decided that the traditional description of chewing might really be quidding.this worked well with only one or 2 leaves being a noticeable low dose that worked for hours.

also it might take a few goes to connect with what it does.....

t s t .

I tried smoking leaves in a joint or pipe but did'nt get anything, not suprised.

Like tantra says, maybe try oral.

It might not even be kratom?, there was a commercial 'kratom incense' that had no kratom & contained o-desmethyl tramadol from memory. :rolleyes:

People on other forums love the stuff and get hooked on it... :blink:

I'm almost positive the stuff that gets around oz is inactive or incredibly weak, others overseas like in the US import there stuff from Bali and they say it's potent as...still out on this one but the stuff locally is pretty weak to inactive, although I did someone pull some nice salts out of a kilo of old dried leaf, but don't know what they did with them.

In Thailand, kratom leaves are often chewed fresh (usually after removing the stringy central vein). Dried leaves can also be chewed, but since they are a bit tough, most people prefer to crush them up or powder them so that they can be swallowed. Powdered kratom can be mixed with fruit juice or apple sauce. This partially masks the taste and allows it to be quickly swallowed. Dried kratom leaves are often made into a tea that is strained and then drunk (this is the most frequently used method in the West). Kratom can be smoked, but doing so has no advantage over chewing or making a tea from it. The amount of leaf that constitutes a typical dose is too much to be smoked easily. A paste-like extract can be prepared by lengthy boiling of fresh or dried leaves. This can be stored for later use. Small pellets of this extract can be swallowed, or it can be dissolved in hot water and consumed as a tea. Some people like to mix kratom tea with ordinary black tea, or other herbal teas, before it is consumed. This is done to make it more palatable. Sugar or honey can be added to sweeten it.

How does one make kratom tea?

Following is a basic recipe for making kratom tea. This recipe makes enough tea for 8 to 16 mild doses, 4 medium-strength doses, or two moderately strong doses (see "dosage guidelines" below):

1.) Take 50 grams of dried, crushed kratom leaves and put into a pot. To this add 1 liter of water.

2.) Boil gently for 15 minutes.

3.) Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid.

(squeeze the leaves in the strainer to get most of the liquid out).

4.) Put the leaves back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

(after the leaves have been strained a second time, they can be discarded.)

5.) Put the combined liquid from both boilings back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 100 ml.

(The idea is to boil the tea down to a small volume so that each individual dose can be quickly swallowed.

You can boil it down to whatever concentration you are comfortable with. Be careful near the end of the process.

If it starts to become syrupy, it may spatter and/or burn.)

The tea is bitter tasting. To minimize the unpleasant taste, gulp it down quickly and then immediately chase it with some pleasant-tasting fruit juice.

The same general preparation method can of course be used with larger or smaller amounts of herb by simply adjusting the volume of water used. Kratom tea can be safely stored in the refrigerator for about five days. It is probably okay to keep it a bit longer, but it's better to play it safe and not drink it after five days. It can be stored for many months if you add some alcohol to it. Adding about 10% alcohol will preserve it for many months (in the refrigerator). That is one part 80 proof liquor (vodka, rum, or a similar spirit) to three parts kratom tea.

What are the effects?

Kratom is a rather unique drug in that a low to moderate dose will usually (but not always) be stimulating, while a high dose is almost always quite sedating. This is apparently because the active alkaloids have both stimulant and sedative effects. Which predominates probably depends both on blood level and individual differences between users.

The stimulant level: At the stimulant level the mind is more alert, physical energy and sometimes sexual energy is increased, ability to do hard monotonous physical work may be improved, one is more talkative, friendly, and sociable. Some people find this level edgy rather than pleasant.

The sedative-euphoric-analgesic level: At this dosage you will be less sensitive to physical or emotional pain, feel and look calm, have a general feeling of comfortable pleasure, and may enter a pleasant dreamy reverie. You may experience some itching or sweating. Your pupils may be constricted (small). It is possible you may feel nauseated, but if you lie down and relax the nausea should quickly cease. You may find your appreciation of music is increased. It will be very pleasant to lie down on your back in a semi-darkened room, with eyes closed, and just listen to your favorite music. If you do this you may be fortunate enough to enter the delightful mixed-state of ‘waking-dreaming’ where you have one foot in dreamland and the other foot in the real world. This state was much prized by the 19th century Romantic writers, who, lacking knowledge of kratom, resorted to the much more habit-forming narcotic, opium, to achieve it. The effects of kratom usually last about six hours. The higher the dose, the stronger the effects, and the longer they last. Many people report a positive ‘afterglow’ the next day.

What effects are associated with different doses? (dosage guidelines)

2-6 grams = mild effects (typically the effects are stimulant-like)

7-15 grams = medium strength effects (the effects can be stimulant-like or sedative-euphoric-analgesic)

16-25 grams = strong effects (sedative-euphoric-analgesic effects; too strong for highly sensitive people)

26-50 grams = very strong effects (sedative-euphoric-analgesic effects; TOO STRONG FOR MOST PEOPLE)

Caution: These dosage guidelines apply to kratom leaves (not extracts). People vary in sensitivity to kratom, and different batches of kratom vary in potency (sometimes quite a lot), so these dosage estimates should be regarded as loose approximations. One should always start with a low dose when experimenting with a new batch of kratom. One can then increase the dose gradually with subsequent experiments until one obtains the desired level of effects. DO NOT take a strong, or very strong dose, the first time you are sampling a new batch of kratom. Most people experience nausea when using doses above 25 grams. Sensitive individuals may experience nausea at lower doses, but usually not at doses below 10 grams. For this reason, it is best to take kratom on an empty stomach when using strong doses (i.e. wait about 3 hours after eating). Some people are hypersensitive to kratom, and may expereince adverse reactions (such as severe and prolonged vomiting) when using strong doses.

Courtesy of Daniel Seibert

Edited by Atlas

I too have tried to no avail, both extract and leaf.

I even tried burning fresh leaf with a torch lol (thinking that maybe drying loses some mitra)

I smoked and smoked until my lungs felt like they were gonna fall out, so I gave up.

The resin flares up and grows like one of those crappy snake firework things.

But yeah tea may be the way to go. worth a shot anyway.

i have the same exeperiece on psp.soms(ive had HUGE doses from various sources, same on crapanol, same for morphine. i think some people just aernt responsive to the opiate effect. at best i feel really sick and throw up alot, and am able to walk through cathead fields barefooted. but above all is a feeling of overwhelming boredom!!

I totally agree with this, i get dizzy and throw up. Can't see how anyone likes this, must just be the receptors.

yeah i had someone give me a fairly convicing speel on how some people are more prone to opiate addictions re.receptors, and some just plain aernt.

Hmmm, i'm wondering if one could make an ethanol extraction of kratom and use as a sublingual spray or paste?? Will have to look into ethanol and mitragynine

Ethanol is used to create super potent extracts and re-extracts like when u see Salvia X5 or X20 extract...they submerge the leaf and make a tincture of the soluble alks, this is strained and you are left with a solution that is rich in alkaloids, this solution is then poured over more leaf matter and so on and so on...finally the solution becomes completely saturated, more dried leaf is used to absorb any remaining liquid, once this has happened the resulting mess is dried and the ethanol evaporated completely out and the leaf has been infused with 5 times as many alkaloids as it would have normally.

This is not how it's done for all multi potent extracts but it is the basis for a lot...other ways are submerge leaf matter and store in sealed jar for weeks and shake every so often, strain add more leaf and do again...once you are happy with amount of actives in ethanol strain then allow ethanol to evaporate leaving you with a goop or tar, this can then be dried and smoked or eaten.

yeah i think 5x or 10x kratom smoked would be the way to go or a tea, someone will have to try, where its legal of course..

People on other forums love the stuff and get hooked on it... :blink:

I'm almost positive the stuff that gets around oz is inactive or incredibly weak, others overseas like in the US import there stuff from Bali and they say it's potent as...still out on this one but the stuff locally is pretty weak to inactive, although I did someone pull some nice salts out of a kilo of old dried leaf, but don't know what they did with them.

thank god you are only almost positive about your statement.

the rifat clone might be weaker than some other asian sources, but it is still a very potent strain!

my reports about A/B extracting kratom where the first on the net(when still legal) and snorting the salt was my idea, and it works well, but unfortunately clogges up your nose for days after, so i would not recommand this.

smoking kratom resin is very popular in thailand, however many people reported nill effect from smoking small kratom doses... once you know you have a high kratom threshold eating the resin might be more effective.

for me a teaspoon full of dried herb just washed down with water, is already quite an experience.

you have to remeber aswell the the effects are some how paradoxicly, cocisting of an upper and a downer feeling at the very same time. some newbies might not recognize this the first few times...