The Corroboree
lofty86

Tabernanthe orientalis leaf

After reading mutants thread on psychedelics to break a loop i got curious. i go through 80grms of tobbaco a week, smoke green like a chimney, and have had ongoing issuse with amphetamines for the last 7 years (currently clean but it never lasts long) the psychedelic afterglow of other tryptamines seems to keep me on the level for about a week or 2 but i soon slip back into old patterns.

a while back i did some research with a small dose of ibogain and was intigued but discovered it was a little pricey :( as it just so happens i walk past T.oreintalis (gotta love the tropics) almost evryday and wondering if the leaf was a viable option for ibogain treatment? whats a safe dose?, how much would send me blind?, :unsure: and any other dangers i should be aware of.

I really cant find sweet F*A on this plant just a few hear say accounts of blindness, (i cant find the actual 1st hand account but dont doubt it) and a brief mention from Torsten about an A/B extract but no mention of safe dosing?

any info would be greatly appreciated cheers

Edited by lofty86

I have also have a few addictions that i would like to kick ( i can with a bit of effort, but like lofty said, it just keeps coming back) I would love any info on this substance if anyone has any & will post anything i hear of ;)

6 fresh leaves brewed in a tea pot with some gingko or vit c works to a noticable effect.

this is as high as i've gone dose wise ,watch out for blurry vision and peppery throat if attempting to go higher....

synergises well with other things to provide great pain relief and some euphoria.

star jasmine bark and a pinch of brug is very nice under the night sky.....

t s t .

Has anyone attempted an A/B extraction of Ibogaine from this species?

SWIM would like to try this year.

As far as I know:

Ibogaine has:

pKa 8.97

100% salt at pH = 4.6

99.98% free base at pH 12.6

Was thinking of perhaps an ethanol and ascorbic or citric acid extraction.

(Salting will help with long term storage - form what i know it degrades quickly)

What is the substance(s) that supposedly cause blindness? If you want to perform an extraction, you should first be sure that the unwanted substance(s) don't get extracted too...

apparently the latex of Tabernaemontana crassa causes blindness because it is "caustic"?...http://database.prota.org/PROTAhtml/Tabernaemontana%20crassa_En.htm...

does anyone know if banana bush Tabernaemontana pandacaqui can be used in a similar way to orientalis... can its leaves or bark be brewed into a safe tea?...

Edited by volcanicplug

apparently the latex of Tabernaemontana crassa causes blindness because it is "caustic"?...http://database.prota.org/PROTAhtml/Tabernaemontana%20crassa_En.htm...

does anyone know if banana bush Tabernaemontana pandacaqui can be used in a similar way to orientalis... can its leaves or bark be brewed into a safe tea?...

for what it is worth, it is apparently all the same species now...T. orientalis is also T.pandacaqui and T. subglobosa...though they do appear somewhat different, so i am not sure if they are in fact the same or varieties or what.

Hi, a tea made of about 12 (old, fallen)leaves significantly reduced addictive behaviour: no need to smoke or drink for the rest of the night . Gomaos (now on EBA} did a full extract on 200g the leaves and got "liver pains" but not much more. I have extracted about 5g of crystalline substance from orientalis bark (200g) with long acetone infusion, resultant was pretty clear, little resin. Still have to try smoking it...I'm a little bit scared of the stuff, I have been waiting a couple of years for other reports.