The Corroboree
Chiral

The Chinese laboratories where scientists are already at work on the new 'meow meow'

source

In a filthy Shanghai laboratory, chemists make batches of mephedrone - and a new incarnation of the 'plant food' linked to the deaths of British teenagers. Never heard of the drugs Eric-1 and Eric-2? That's the point. By Mike Power in London and Simon Parry in China

article-1267582-09107A0F000005DC-382_634x379.jpg

article-1267582-091077A2000005DC-403_634x457.jpg

article-1267582-091078C1000005DC-40_634x411.jpg

I'm pretty jealous of the glassware these guys have.

Thanks, really interesting article.

due to massive use over the last 30 years MDMA & MDA are two ov the most thoroughly tested chemicals on earth, as yet there seems to be no evidence of serious side effects.

the demand for MDMA/MDA is massive & continues despite laws made to ban it.

those laws have created this situation.

chemists creating untested new compounds that are snapped up by a market desperately seeking an alternative to their drug ov choice.

Any deaths or serious complications caused by these new compounds are totally the fault ov the governments & agencies that have made MDMA/MDA illegal.

i don't like seeing pictures like that. kinda like getting a guided tour of the kitchen of your favourite hamburger shop :blink:

due to massive use over the last 30 years MDMA & MDA are two ov the most thoroughly tested chemicals on earth, as yet there seems to be no evidence of serious side effects.

the demand for MDMA/MDA is massive & continues despite laws made to ban it.

those laws have created this situation.

chemists creating untested new compounds that are snapped up by a market desperately seeking an alternative to their drug ov choice.

Any deaths or serious complications caused by these new compounds are totally the fault ov the governments & agencies that have made MDMA/MDA illegal.

WORD.

I foresee more deaths coming from these new types of drugs than E will ever have, and it's all purely down to prohibition plain n simple. These crazy chems will flood into countries and fuck kids up, they become illegal and then another new one lands and does the same thing, make pure E available by script and you take away these filthy Chinese chemists profits and labs and stop kids from dying needlessly.

Why do they continue this ridiculous cat n mouse game at the expense of lives...?

Beacuse they can't be seen to be soft on drugs to their voters.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Wow, that is some nasty looking shit. Somehow, I has always imagined the RC labs in China being big fuck-off factories that were professional and clean. Now that may show the worst of the worst, but it may also be the norm.

Good article, thanks for posting it.

chemistry is as messy as cooking, so I am not surprised how this looks. but have a closer look at the walls away from the work area and also the drier etc. These are all spotless. The mess you are seeing may well just be just that day's mess.

Also, that little work area does not account for 'tons of product per week'. This may be the experimental area rather than the production area. Experimental areas tend to have more accidents and hence more mess.

Wow, that is some nasty looking shit. Somehow, I has always imagined the RC labs in China being big fuck-off factories that were professional and clean. Now that may show the worst of the worst, but it may also be the norm.

Good article, thanks for posting it.

i think the pictures look fine, if you want to see skanky, dirty 'labs' look for images of american kitchen meth cooks

seeing side affects in china http://blog.sakkoo.com/content/detail_1552.html

WTF, lets not engage in sensationalistic propaganda.

As there is no information whatsoever given as to the cause of the deformaties depicted, I found opening the link was a total waste of time. Tasteless because there is no link with the subject matter of this thread shown.

Don't mean to be rough, perhaps it was an oversight.

Interesting article. thanks

What nabraxas said. When will reason come to these degenerate swine?

Great read, thanks for Sharing.

Fair enough Torsten, you are probably right, you would have more knowledge of the mess made in chemistry than I. It's good to think that the RCs produced are not being made in labs similar to home meth labs.

The game of cat and mouse is so fun to watch :)

Yeah the state of the lab doesn't really bother me.. The product comes out "99.9% pure" and that's what counts.

chemistry is as messy as cooking, so I am not surprised how this looks. but have a closer look at the walls away from the work area and also the drier etc. These are all spotless. The mess you are seeing may well just be just that day's mess.

Also, that little work area does not account for 'tons of product per week'. This may be the experimental area rather than the production area. Experimental areas tend to have more accidents and hence more mess.

hah....dunno bout you lot but I'm sure I wouldn't be wearin no dodgy paper mask in "the experimental LAB".

I wonder how clean Sasha's lab was when PIHKAL & TIHKAL were being written....think.gif

^^^^ Just because it experimental doesn't mean they dont know what will be given off in the reactions. The mask would be more for long term damage from exosure over many weeks ? years ?

I'm guessing Sasha's lab wasn't the cleanest. His friends consistantly hassled him to clean up stuff around the lab. He was notorious for having random chem samples all over the place.

Sasha's lab was a lot more messy, but much cleaner. Subtle difference.... There are pics online.

The paper dust masks are probably not for fumes, but more to prevent inhalation of product dust.

I am not sure just how significant a clean floor is to a good product. As long as the glassware and other contact surfaces are clean it really doesn't make any difference. In western labs much of the cleanliness is more due to OH&S issues rather than for product purity.

I really do doubt that MEOW is produced in 99.9% purity on a commercial basis. That ketone is much too reactive to allow for that sort of purity for any length of time, and I can't see any reaosn they would go to 99.9% only to watch it drop back to 98% or so in the next few hours. There is one thing I have learnt from dealing with chinese suppliers and that is to not trust their analyses. I know they forge their herbal extracts analyses as a matter of routine, so I would assume the same for their chems.

WTF, lets not engage in sensationalistic propaganda.
lol sorry , i was being funny haha, waste of time ? ok guess i have more than most...

Forget the state of the room or the claims of substance purity, the most concerning issue for me was the glaring flippancy about mass-producing many brand new untried, untested, un-labled compounds for blind widespread street use in a market off in a far away land, for sheer disconnected profit. Looks like 'buyer beware' is an even more important concept now than ever.

To call these 'Research' chems is a total joke IMO. From the article the only research done was to devise a chemical mutation to avoid legal ramifications. God knows what the repurcussions of consuming these chemical orphans will be.

Fascinating article none the less. Will be intersting to observe how the future of street drug production plays out.

i bet all these "new" products they are talking about are not "new" at all. They are making the molecules, they are not discovering them.

Seems tidy enuff? :drool2:

I'm sure that there would be people that would pay to lick that floor