The Corroboree
OpticalLight

Introducing myself as well.

bhang milkshake cant remember what its called. . .

Ooo, I don't believe that's offered at the local restaurant...

Edited by OpticalLight

yeah northern india aint that local

depends where you're located though

And drinks, mango lassi; also drool2.gif. Making me hungry lol

bringing back memories of eating at govindas every day, you are

bringing back memories of eating at govindas every day, you are

$10 all you can eat and free refills of the lemon and ginger drink - can't go wrong. Although I will eat meat, at least I don't have to be reminded of all those slaughterhouse peta videos I watched.

They opened up another one in Stones Corner - New Govinda's. Mmmm, and then there's Indian Kitchen at West End - "You can get 3 vegetarian curries on rice for $5.50 or 2 vegetarian and one meat curry for $7." A mango lassi and naan bread add to the cost of the meal, though I don't think that can he helped...

govinda's also send their food over to a little upstairs hare krishna restaurant at west end. i used to bicycle down there when i lived at dutton park and make a pig of myself.

i am a bit freaked out by the hare krishnas in all honesty. i like their belief system but they weird me out somehow.

peshwari naan is the best, by the way. coconut and sultanas, it's a sweet naan.

• Like 1

Yes I've also frequented that cafe, I usually have to sit there for awhile after eating my meal before I can walk again!

I like their food. I bought one of their books, (I mean I donated some money to them); and I read a shorter version of their book. Interesting belief system but not for me.

That sounds like a tasty naan, I'll have to try it. I normally opt for the cheese and spinach naan. drool2.gif

i'm heavily influenced by their books. unfortunately i can't deny that they have a dogmatic bent. they (or rather he, their founder) did wonders though in making lots of hindu scriptures available to the west (translated) at a very appropriate time, and with what i deem to be solid commentaries/explanations (not that i'd really know since i don't read sanskrit). the bhagavad ghita, one of the most famous pieces of hindu scripture, is really a good read.

do yourself a favour, try some peshwari naan.

hiya to all =)

couldn't find many if any official introductions thread, so thought id post on this one... even though its should probbaly be retitled to indian food or somethin

peace

Welcome mate :)

Theres no set thread for people to introduce themselves, just start your own in the chill space if you want ;)

can tell us your interests and whatnot.

LOL !. Welcome to The Corroboree gnome82. :)

(And nice introduction Chat Pie :wink: .)

Thanks Jonstn....

may aswell just hijack this thread now... hehe

(And nice introduction Chat Pie :wink: .)

yeas my social skills are a bit dusty....

haven't been on the forums for a few years now... was attempting the whole straight and narrow thing which kinda sucked

so am back to rekindle the once loved relationship with the entheogens =)

as for interests i like to pot around in the garden, its kinda like a mini forest now... going to be fun when i have to move!

have had many past interest and hobbies including aquaponics, alternative energy, mycology, tree farming, etc but i usualy run out of funds at some point and can no longer persue them =(

recent interests include the whole 2012 thing... not really sure what to take on it...

and this website... WWW.talismanicidols.org some powerful documentarys... have the urge to DO something... not sure what though. might add that to my sig

My partner just showed me something interesting regarding 2012, I'm assuming your referring to the myan prediction?

There has been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar Created it in 45BC.

Without the extra day every four years, today would be july 28th, 2013.

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year....so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago!!!!

Proof Maya's didn't use leap year(Scroll down to Maya Section)http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...tures-science/

Thought it was a pretty interesting way to look at it, havnt done much researching into the whole 2012 thing, all I know is that if I look for pro 2012 I'll prob get heaps convincing arguments saying it will happen, and if I try to find against 2012 info, will probably find some more convincing arguments lol

gnome82... My comment "nice introduction Chat Pie" was actually directed at the thread starter... Optical ChatPie. :) Sorry to confuse you. It did get you to open up a bit about yourself though :)

gnome82... My comment "nice introduction Chat Pie" was actually directed at the thread starter... Optical ChatPie. :) Sorry to confuse you. It did get you to open up a bit about yourself though :)

oops my bad, i will admit it officially- i am a dumbass!

heya Jonstn, yes there is definatley alot of interesting ideas floating around about 2012, not just the mayan prophecy, also chinese calander, and terence mckenna did alot of promoting his timewave zero and novelety theory regarding a climax on the december solstice...

am not an expert on any of it, its just curious that the date is upon us soon... am not exactly sure how the older calanders sync to our current gregorian calendar, but i think the 21st dec date is like a "translation" date....i could be wrong.

i don't think it means the end of the world though... my fav theory/idea is the ascension into 5th dimensional new earth, although it sounds bizare... i think the hope of something lifting humanity out of its current state of fear and corruption, is whats most appealing to me

• Like 1

oops my bad, i will admit it officially- i am a dumbass!

My twin.

:)

Thought my ears were burning :P

Thanks Amazonian, I think I was in a pretty humorous mood when I wrote this :wink:

Hiya gnome82

• Like 1