The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blip

1/05/2010 - RIP - My friend :(

i think it was a choice that had been coming for a while, this thread was only a catalyst not the root cause.

This is exactly why i dont like posting, its so easy for something to be taken the wrong way. Dreamz really is a 100% good guy and his post was made in jest. I think we need to cut him a bit more slack.

If his post was a "bad" joke or in bad taste or whatever really i think is irrelevant. He is a part of our little comunity and i think we need to be a little more accepting and understanding.

If some of us have taken it the wrong way, it really isnt a big deal is it? Im sure we shall get over it pretty quickly if not immediately.

Our comunity needs to be a bit more understanding and accepting, all of us have our issues, alot of us seem to take things way too seriously!

Dreamz i love ya man...

I agree with you hillbilly that our community could be a bit more understanding. Seems to me that lately there are alot of threads that have gone sour with things being taken the wrong way or people being dickheads about stuff. Maybe it would be easier just to leave a crappy post for what it is and not bite at it?

I'm not suggesting that anyone do this or anything, or that things should change, just that they could. Perhaps it's part of the corrob's growing pains that a forum decorum is taking shape... what is accepted and what isn't is being ironed out here.

There seems to be alot of members joining and I guess there is a bit of responsibility of those who have been around longer to set some kind of tone to this place with there posts.

I have nothing but respect for lsdreams - made alot of good posts and as far as I can tell is a good person. Not that I know anything here, (didn't get the original post... ) but I'm thinking that lsdreams may not be posting anymore for other reasons - that are more than getting upset about peoples responses to this post.

these are some thoughts of mine.

i think dreamz needs to learn that not every social interaction has to be positive and fantastic, and that sometimes we all do and say stupid shit. people don't start hating you for saying one stupid thing.

he cracked what i thought was a shit joke, and i told him it was shit. i haven't really thought about it since then, and i sure as hell don't hate him or think less of him. he's making a big deal out of nothing.

i don't think we should go around walking on eggshells around him -- all it'll do is perpetuate his social phobia, and not help him in the long term.

I find it funny that people are asking for more understanding while at the same time judging others on how they interpret things. :blink:

I thought this thread was an epic fail but it does not impact how I view or treat lsdreamz. To suggest people are dumb cos they shared some condolensces seems a bit harsh IMO. Although its 1 thread, big deal. im sure we have all made failed threads. I am almost certain that enoyone that found this thread stupid would not change their perspective of lsd on this single thread.

To me, to suggest that not liking a thread is symbolic of not liking the person is a problem for the people with these thought patterns.

Why cant people that ask for more understanding also have understanding that some people find it a bit weird to joke about a friends death?

lsd knows that he is welcome here but i think bigger things then this single thread have helped him make this decision

Although I definitely didn't think it was funny at all and said so, I don't think he should up and leave over it. Like Faustus said, we all do and say stupid shit sometimes but it's not a defining mistake. I really think he could also have done without inferring those of us who thought he was serious as dense or whatever exactly he said. I wasn't really angry until that part.

Come back, Dreamz.

johnlillygif.gif

I like the new name "blip" it's actually way cooler than the old one IMO. Get over yourself "Blip" me ol mucker, and stop deleting post's, it really frustrating and annoying for people when they try to comment or read them and the meaning has disappeared, fuck I know I've made more posts than anyone thought possible and prolly 98% are garbage but hey it's all good as long as we are conversing and talking, having a larf etc...communication and making mistakes is what makes the world go around.

come back baby...hug.gif

C'mon peeps, just let the thread fade away. If you started a thread that you later regreted, how would you feel? I've never met or had contact with the OP, but I have empathy for the situation they find themselves in. Just let it go plz

Let the thread fade away AFTER we let him know we want him to stick around :wink:

I think the joke would have been good if it had 'cody' in the first post. Then it is up to the reader how clever he is. But the original post did not give any hint and was totally misleading. I don't think loss of a friend is anything to joke about as the next time someone comes here for some moral support after their friend died they may not get it. ie, it's not the post itself that is annoying, but the consequences it has for the future in terms of how other members will respond to similar topics.

It was in poor taste. As a joke in that form it was a fail [although combined with his second post it would have been quite clever]. I could even understand if he wanted to take a little break from the forums for a while to let the mood settle. It was all good up to that point and I even refused his request to delete his membership.

But then he started deleting posts. That in my view is vandalism as it affects every member of this community and trashes the forums for all time - and I don't tolerate it unless there are serious legal implications that were unforeseeable. So I locked him out.

it reminded me of how my little brother (who has aspergers) tells jokes not really funny, highly cryptic and only the family knows when his cracked one. evryone else gives him strange looks and thinks his talking like a retard

i reckon evry one whith a severe codiene addiction got what he was saying by the end of the first post even if they thought he was a little strange or over the top.

poor bastard probabley wasnt even thinking rationally when he posted (ever come off opiats?)the flood of feelings crashing back on top of him after a 2yr vacation ouch!

I hope your okay bro come back soon :)

it wasnt untill just befor i started typing that i realised blip was LSDreams maybe if hed stuck with his older trusted username people wouldnt have jumped so quickly on such a thing. my thoughts befor i realised were whos this blip cunt carrying on in here. now i see its just a good guy who posted befor thinking (weve all done it)

he changed it to blip after this whole thing.

as i said before i think this thread was more the final straw so i'm not sure if there's a point debating it endlessly.

lots of love here though, no doubt.