The Corroboree
Atlas

Fraudulent Sellers List

Yes, if it were to be huge, it would be next to useless. Listing the few dodgy people is much easier, if not nearly as pleasant.

but it would be more rewarding for those people (like your good self, Tripsis cool.gif) who work towards building up their reputation by following through with their trades, rather than naming and shaming the few who do dodgy trades and change their usernames each week.

It's not flawless but neither is naming dodgy traders. I find few things are more frustrating than expecting a package in the mail that never arrives...

Perhaps a fairer solution would be to have a pinned and locked "dodgy trader" list, governed by a dedicated moderator. Any gripes could be referred to that mod and he could act as a mediator. Find out both sides of the story and perhaps take action along the lines of messaging the "dodgy trader" outlining a time frame in which to make good of the deal, with consequences of not making good being that their name gets added to the list.

The positives of this is that there would still be a (verified) dodgy traders list that we could all benefit from but with the safeguard for the not-usually-dodgy people who perhaps let things get away from them getting slammed in the public forum. Sound like Larosini would have made it on no worries, but perhaps someone like Ice-cube would have had a formal warning and a chance to fix things before getting named as dodgy.

Bum deals suck, but getting named as a bum-dealer sucks too (especially if you're generally honest)

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Perhaps a fairer solution would be to have a pinned and locked "dodgy trader" list, governed by a dedicated moderator. Any gripes could be referred to that mod and he could act as a mediator. Find out both sides of the story and perhaps take action along the lines of messaging the "dodgy trader" outlining a time frame in which to make good of the deal, with consequences of not making good being that their name gets added to the list.

The positives of this is that there would still be a (verified) dodgy traders list that we could all benefit from but with the safeguard for the not-usually-dodgy people who perhaps let things get away from them getting slammed in the public forum. Sound like Larosini would have made it on no worries, but perhaps someone like Ice-cube would have had a formal warning and a chance to fix things before getting named as dodgy.

Bum deals suck, but getting named as a bum-dealer sucks too (especially if you're generally honest)

This is exactly what i said to do in the start, but people didn't seem to think it was a good idea.

But yeah they did have good points - changing names and starting over etc

• Like 1

This is exactly what i said to do in the start, but people didn't seem to think it was a good idea.

But yeah they did have good points - changing names and starting over etc

My only alteration to your original idea is that only mods would be able to place a name in the list, after verification, just to avoid the possibility of slander.

The name change thing would be a hard one to deal with.... people will create dodgy emails and identities if they really want to... I guess just sussing them out as quickly as possible and adding the new name to the list asap would be the closest solution.

The way things are now, I could theoretically start a new post "Atlas is a scam artist" and while you'd quickly jump in and defend yourself, the thought would always lurk in peoples' minds "Hmmm... is Atlas a scam artist?"

Kind like Michael Jackson being labeled a paedo. No real proof ever, but the shit stuck.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Maybe rather than focusing on the negative we could have a "good traders" list? I always prefer looking at positives rather than negatives, plus 95% of my trades have been great!! :) Unfortunately this would mean that any such good traders thread would potentially be HUGE.

When this topic has popped up in the past IIRC this was what was agreed upon. That its better to aknowledge and reward good traders. Other forums have epic thread of positive trade feedback.

I thought it was a given that when trading with noobs that the noob sends first?

Seems that its more common in the free trade thread which sucks alotttt. wtf, its such a great idea that people take avantage of :wacko:

Agreed. I'll change that opinion if/when he comes good. I would like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but time and the bitter feeling of being burned can wear that down.

In general, people really shouldn't trade if they aren't prepared to make an effort to get the goods out to whoever their trading with. Slackness, laziness, etc, I just don't see as acceptable. There's always an excuse, but whether it's valid or not is a little harder to discern. If something serious is happening in their lives, well that's fine, but letting people know is just good courtesy.

Also, if people post something and it gets lost, next time they post it, post it with a tracking number! It's not that hard.

Anyway, he's contacted me now, so we'll see soon enough if he comes good or not.

I thought it was a given that when trading with noobs that the noob sends first?

Yeah, it is, but I don't like making others send first. Next time though, I think I will stick to that.

Edited by tripsis

that sounds like alot of hard work and invasion of peoples privacy too(unless vuluntary). there's always risk involved. and tracking good traders is not a good idea either...

Tripsis if it is any consalation, I live like 5mtrs from icecube (College)

He is a legit dude and he is sorting it out, we lost alot of shizz to the canberra weather, I however assure you he will sort it out or you can pm me to arrange messing with his mind

I owe two people here from the free trade thread, I am late on delivering and have explained I was in a car accident and recovering, no car etc but I assure I will come through.. It isn't hard to communicate any issues :innocent_n:

Thanks for that triptamine, it's all been sorted now.

For the record, IceCube contacted me and worked it all out. So the bad rap doesn't stick, I'm going to edit my original post to reflect that it has been sorted.

IceCube with a bad rap? lol

I owe two people here from the free trade thread, I am late on delivering and have explained I was in a car accident and recovering, no car etc but I assure I will come through.. It isn't hard to communicate any issues :innocent_n:

DWORX!!! haha... wish you a speedy recovery/ car fixing.

I just want to recover, so much pain in my back, knees, 1 ankle & 1 wrist, Cars written off and will have to fight for any compensation on the cars value, the other party was a business vehicle and there it gets messy...