The Corroboree
Chiral

Warning on Subs

now now children... learn to play nice :lol:

@Mud i know theres a few crew who can compare the qualitative effects between azure,cyan & subs hopefully they will chime into this thread.

Cheers YT

Im expectantly certain there's gonna be some big differences. I cant wait to find out myself: in a dream, that would be.. :blush:

If cubensis can seem to have such different characters amongst strains- it seems that different species will surely be a key to different, previously locked doors.

Now, semperviva is one species i've sensed quite the excitement over. Not only perhaps the different nature of the experience,

but also 19+ flushes of one cake!

WOW

Mud i know theres a few crew who can compare the qualitative effects between azure,cyan & subs hopefully they will chime into this thread.

that should be pretty interesting!

unfortunately, even though myfriend wanted to please chiral's impatience - and his own, the house the experience was going to take place was occupied this weekend!

So it seems he's not taking them this weekend. He was actually prepared for an antisocial isolated weekend, but this is going to be quite the contrary, a social weekend lots of gigs and stuff... parhaps my friends shares his amanitas to cheer the party up - this to satisfy chirals need for consumption. you will also be excited to know that amanita+booze combo high, for the experienced, is many levels above alcohol high, spiritually + mentally wise, that is the blurring alcohol usually causes after lenghty consuption is 'blocked' by the mental enhancing of amanita, psychedelic wise, if you like....that is IF the combo works and you are not sleeping already !!!

lots of interesting stuff to experience for a typical booze party animal

=====================================================

what about psychs and alcohol combo? never done it... Most people say it's foul, I understand this... I might have felt this, but there's quite a serious reporting of it acting like some people use other sedatives to ease the intense peaks of the psychedelic...

======

on topic, on to the 'intense bluers'!

also, anyone has any info about small/imature ~VS~ big/mature mushrooms comparison, both for dried and fresh material for these psilocin rich woodeater goodies... ??

Friend has dried material, but lots of young/immature shrooms....

After a short conversation with a knowledgable friend, a real one this time, I get the notion, that , in a way, lemon makes the material be processed more quickly, so be more intense at comeup& during , also last a shorter period. This also explains many reports of sudden sobering up from these experiences, often from large dose- intense experiences.

Now that I think of it, and I am quite inspired right now [friend just came after social beer drinking and smoked up a few] , this catalyst action lemon seems to play to psilo experience seems to partly explain the bold visions and such.

lemon or whatever citrus fruit seems also like a catalyst at will..??

Think of it like these 2-d rally games, you drive and you might use the turbo boost to speed up a bit, but you don't have the bonus for long, this exhausts your stock, in our case , the mushroom material being metabolised. This might well have some truth in it, especially if it is confirmed that which my friend told me, that lemon tea preperations last shorter statistically....

ok chiral, I am just speculating man, not saying other wise, but think of what I just said! Might be good idea you know... Wouldn't you like to have a 'boost' button on your first psilocybin experience, after 6+ years of mushroom picking, over 80+ wild edibles consumed as food ? - a crazy idea but , seem not so crazy after all

Not exactly fear now friend... excitement yeah... maybe even think about brewing more and dosing at will, that some fellow posters suggested

fuck, friend is high,

but I hope the message is coming through!

ozzzzland. do you hear me??

[btw , spontaneous thought I think some of your tricho-'pach' clones might got scop gene in , explaining interesting character and stature... ]

back to blueing goodies

This combined to the info that has already been given here is fucken interesting indeed, the addition of citrus fruit juice seem to change the experience a lot.

important

is there a traditional preperation from the americas which involves some acid in the brew??

man, this seems really big all of a sudden..

[fuck!!! piss inspiration, do you ever get this?? I mean, apart from cybermantis-aliens! -a joke in poor taste]

ok

this post is now totally loose and out of control...

and...

here's the last point:

*friend [existing friend I mean] said that lemon makes the whole process quicker overall [the whole process, last less, more intense]

*there's also a myth about orange juice / vitamin c sobering you , 'stopping' a trip

is there anyone following me??

there's some serious indication that some fruit agents act as catalysts/carriers/whatever to the mushroom material in terms of speeding up the preceedure, maybe increasing metabolism pace or whatever, I'm no biologist..

so maybe , that orange juice 'sobering up' a psych trip might not be 100% myth

lots of people also report fruits [citrus fruit too] being 'great' during such experiences.. I suspect more fruits have acids that might play the same role to citrus ones.... me and friend confirms the ..

ahhhh

fuck

[me and friend confirm the nice fruit effect, but also, now, a matter of greater importance I just thought!!]

okey

this is big [huh?]

but it's rational...

I don't know if you will like it...

I guess it might not appeal a lot to hardliners

it's thin, like...

taste

it's a fucking whole sense you know?

sorry,

I will overtake the whole thread

please move the post where you think appropriate

I will hijack the discussion and take it to standard US bridgesii, first flight, same friend of mine hehmmm

I have a reason to hijack the the mush thread with cacti, though. it's some fruit again, vegetables... tomatos

maybe this is a drunk's ravings

maybe there's a nice thing here

We are at +3:30 or something after when my friend had the cactus brew, after an amazing music jamming session we had, he performed best than every time especially technically-wise and he was lots more consistent with the playing and song structure building ... [:P I know what you're thinking, too bad we didn't record it!]

We made a break after playing lots of time [2+hours] continuously, and I went down stairs, to eat something, I had made previously to friends trip salad with tomato, pepper, olive oil, origanun and the like, and some pasta cold mayonese salad. my friend had some fruits for later consumption, but he came after a while, to join me - he wanted to talk, obviously and share his joy.

Very cheered up, like in a wave of mdma he was we talked about the issues that afflict him, standing like than in fron of the kitchen shelf with the salad and stuff. I know about the issues, so he is open up with me. We are standing in the houses kitchen, and I am picking some of this and some of that and eating - oh we have fresh bread too. So the tomato, which we randomly bought from some store going to the village house is fucking great. It's one of the greatest tasting tomatos I have ever eaten - and we make some great tomatos over here!

So I tell him "eat a bit tomato, dip a bit bread in the salad 'juice'. it's fucking great"

He hesitated a bit [had not been intrigued to eat till that moment] and then took a trial dip [bread in the tomato juice - the juice was very tomato-ish]

from then on, he describes it as a trip within a trip.. taste is the dominant sense of the subtrip, but it gave a mental high he said too... and every now and then a piece of tomato or another dip is eaten and the feeling is prolongued... and extended....

the first time was unbelievable, he says. The spectrum range of taste was unreal he said , and he described it as much wider than the width of the head, as opposed to the sense of taste reduced to the width of the tongue or mouth, or even ear to ear. In fact, the taste and food were psychoactive. Well tomato was... and pepper gave a similar but less intense tone... onion was neutral so was potato/pasta/mayonese/fish salad

are you getting the idea?

this might well be irrelevant

but it seemed it might be fitting somewhere...

alright

then we played more etc etc, great time for him who took the mescaline, me too also.. :P

he also went down from time to time to eat more tomato !! :P

Did anything strange happen? Now that I think of it, it did end a bit suddenly, as he slept peacefully at around +9.30

He too expected it to last longer

so does tomato and pepper share similar substances to citrus fruits?

ARE FOOD DURING PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCES THEMSELVES PSYCHOACTIVE?

unstructured if it is

and it is

trying to find myself here, this IS some branch of life for sure... y'know, and I love ya all... for being who you are

to me? we just net personas over here, this is not the real thing... this is a space of ideas and opinions and arguements and disagreements and INFORMATION. But this is NOT the real thing..

PS: it looks the house is not gonna be occupied it seems.......................

Edited by mutant

FOR fucks sake! Every1 go and edit their posts before I do! I will not accept insults, verbal abuse or otherwise. If we still had a warn point system. A few of u would have just earned one. Delete or edit ur posts or I will.

Peace

N

i didn't realise the warn system was no longer functional, i still see warn status beneath my name.

i'm assuming my posts are acceptable unless i'm told otherwise.

...what the hell was that, Mutant??

Very confused. Haha

Any luck in the blue mountains anyone?

hey that was not a bad one for a drunk post...

• Like 1

poor save Ginja. What you said here, is different to what you said there. SO you are either lying here. Or there. Pick one.

Can carry on with all the forum tricks in the world, or...

PD is all talk, I spoke to him just the other day nd he was saying its best to eat 2 (TWO) subs at a time :P

FOR fucks sake! Every1 go and edit their posts before I do! I will not accept insults, verbal abuse or otherwise. If we still had a warn point system. A few of u would have just earned one. Delete or edit ur posts or I will.

Peace

N

Oooh, will have to read whole thread! Love the drama! popcorn.gif

Guys its better off not even dosing these mushrooms, Chiral... I totally agree with your first post. These mushrooms will propel you somewhere dark, sinister and somewhat unwelcoming. The visions produced definately contain a warning, DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!

These guys are potent... what is up with that? Is this fungus really that quick to evolve its defence mechanism, why does it have to be this strong?

Edited by klip247

warn system works. a glitch in this version isn't letting mods use it though. I am happy to oblige when they ask me to. next upgrade will fix it.

abit more advice on picking...AFAIK all mushrooms concentrate heavy metals, so unless you like dosing on lead it's probably best not to pick shrooms growing on busy road sides.

• Like 1

For the record, mint tea is the business.

what business? effect 'enhancing'? anti-nausea? what?

Guys its better off not even dosing these mushrooms, Chiral... I totally agree with your first post. These mushrooms will propel you somewhere dark, sinister and somewhat unwelcoming. The visions produced definately contain a warning, DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!

These guys are potent... what is up with that? Is this fungus really that quick to evolve its defence mechanism, why does it have to be this strong?

care to elaborate in the interest of the thread... :wink:

why does it have to be this strong?

hahaha, love it.

lol Fungal ya knob, it was 2g, thats plenty to take a ride on the subs round ere for the average jill.

wow, mutant your drunken post just proved many things i suspected. i can't believe i even bother getting into arguments with you.

alcohol and psychedelics...can't think of a better example of 'missing the point'.

on another note: add a teaspoon of rue seeds to your sub/lemon juice tea. will take away those dark clouds and gremlins and replace them with wizards and waterfalls.

Edited by lsdreamz

care to elaborate in the interest of the thread... :wink:

Ill try my best, a character whos name is "I" decided to take a small dose of subs over the weekend.

I took about 4 freshly picked subs thinking it will be a mild dose, they were small not large. The ingestion took place at around 9pm or thereabouts, saying goodbye to two friends 30-40 minutes later the effects started to manifest themselves... I started to giggle and laugh because there was a sense of humour about everything, as I was waving goodbye I noticed the redish ceramic tiles on the driveway were in contrast to the dark coloured stains deposisted on them by the elements (and most likely from the cars parked in the driveway).

Now I have taken mushrooms a couple of times in the past few years, so the feelings were recognized immediately... But I have never tripped alone in a room in almost complete darkness, this was a first time.

I went around to the backyard to have a look at the cloudy and moon-lit sky, when I got to the back (which was quite dark to the normal eye) everything seemed to be slightly exposed (like the shutter left open in a camera to get more light in), other people might just say "everything looked bright" or "there were aura's around things" which are also good descriptions of how everything appeared.

After recognizing the effects and acknowledging the fact that the mushrooms are doing their "magic" I went back inside and into my room, I had the computer on standby mode so I switched it on... the monitor was ultra bright so I switched it off.

At that time I wasnt sure what I wanted to do, outside was cold... my toes were slightly freezing, I could not focus on reading a book (the sentences kept slipping away so I was constantly trying to find the sentences), music I didnt feel like putting on at the time, so there was one thing left to do, get in bed, get cozy, and start exploring my mind.

I dimmed the bedside lamp and got a beanie and put that over my eyes to block out that dimmed light. The next part I can only say that I was in a meditative-like state, I will not go too deep into this because I feel I was shown things about myself and the fungus which was not designed to be told to anybody else.

But I will give snippets of what occured which I think are suitable for discussion; It would have been very easy for me to just sink into a semi-conscious state and let myself be taken away into a hysteria of patterned imagery (which did occur at one stage) but I tried very hard to stay focused and concentrated, by doing so elements came in which were far more meaningful. Thoughts were no longer perceived as usual, they became visual phenomena which were shaped by the characteristics of the thought itself, this visual phenomena was manifesting itself in the mental space, the introspection I was performing with the help of the mushroom seemed to create a visual insight into the contents of my mind at least on a superficial "surface" level.

I could sense my personality as a buffer or negotiator between the exterior world and the interior world we have within, I had a feeling that the personality was just a mask that the consciousness used in order to express itself with others, like an interface... and that people get identified with the "mask" or personality of others not realizing that the personality is only a function or tool that the consciousness uses to interact with other peoples consciousness. It's akin to a hub or a port, where certain procedures and agreements take place in order to dock the ship to the port, almost as if the personalities must successfully dock to one another in order to establish a positive link, so that the consciousness may express itself to the other consciousness using the personlity as a mode of interface.

I became aware of patterns splitting and shattering into various spectrums of light, and upon opening my eyes the objects themselves seemed to be split up into the various spectrums of light. For a moment I thought that this is how I would perceive the world from now on... through this strange vision of the world, although rapidly this vision started to deteriorate and the objects started to condense back into solid objects leaving their previous perception as a fleeting memory.

I closed my eyes once again and almost immediately my body felt heavy and distant, the feeling of separating myself from the physical body felt as if it was approaching, although shifting my awareness back to the body would serve as an anchor.. I was not able to fully escape the clutches of the physical vehicle to my knowledge but I was able to perceive some barren landscape (viewed from the perspective of being in flight, with mountain ranges underneath) that was inhabited by highly sophisticated creatures which had an oval shaped head with long bodies which appeared tentacle-like, the head was rather large and had blue lights on the back, the blue was similar to a neon glow. To me the blue neon glow was some type of propulsion device that the creature used to move around in the atmosphere. These creatures were not tiny but rather large, they appeared to be organic yet metallic to some degree.

Time seemed to lose its "normal" sense, an hour felt like six, just ten minutes felt extremely dilated.

Studying my hand it looked completely different than what it normally looked like.

Although I did not feel any nasea I could feel the mushroom moving through the various stages of digestion, with some slight gastro discomfort, there was a relief when the mushroom was felt to be completely digested.

There was alot that I left out because of not being able to explain it into words and because of some personal significance of those insights, there were some dark moments where I felt I was perceiving the darkside of this dualistic nature that we inhabit, but I was able to maintain stability throughout these feelings so that I was not propelled deeper into this darkness.

There was a gradual feeling of the Psilocybin wearing off, thoughts lost their vivid expression, perception of reality seemed to organize itself back into its normal mode of operation, the body felt relaxed and back to its normal self (as I felt it took strange proportions during the experience).

I have to mention that this was not necessarily a pleasant experience, the deliverance of these "insights" or rather hallucinations were not beautifully packaged, there was an overall sense of anxiety, confusion and creepy darkness to everything. I felt that even if one had a so-called pleasant experience on these that it was because of their ignorance to the iherent darkness of the experience.

By this experiment I think I have stumbled upon the mechanics of how this fungus works on the mind, without this deeper introspection I think the true qualities of these mushroom are entirely ignored, it seems most ignore the primary effects these mushrooms have on the psyche and get completely gobbled up by the novelties of what they are seeing through their eyes.

This is just my opinion but I think that Meditation and practices such as Yoga will bring about much clearer results, you have to work harder but the effort is worth it in the end. I have without a doubt concluded my experiments with this fungus at least for the time being.

thanks for sharing. nice to hear someone else doing the 'darkness, silence, alone' method. also somewhat of a relief to hear about barren landscapes inhabited by metallic/organic alien creatures.... sounds like you handled yourself well.

i totally agree with the unpleasant nature, confusion, creepy darkness. even when it's providing teaching it does so in this way.

come on people, there must be more of you who can share your experiences...

abit more advice on picking...AFAIK all mushrooms concentrate heavy metals, so unless you like dosing on lead it's probably best not to pick shrooms growing on busy road sides.

That is incorrect. Some mushroom species are known to bioaccumulate heavy metals in their cell walls, but this in no way means all species do. No Psilocybe species has been recorded to do so to date, P. subaeruginosa included.