The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

Don't think anyone has looked where I found them, Its got a thick forest canopy out west from here, its cold and damp and I actually got a little lost looking haha. It was weird I was just wandering along looking around not finding much and just decided to turn and walk in a direction into the forest and after about 3mins i walked straight into a bunch and the weird thing was I wandered all around after taking pics of them in the same area and found nothing else, it was like i hit the nail right on the head and it was a complete random spot, alot like how you mentioned in your thread about them drawing searchers to them.

Then after another hr or so of searching found another patch which wasnt as random, left all the little ones so will have to have a look this weekend if any more have popped up, gonna have a look around for some other stuff too, acacias and such. Awesome place just to wander around in, except when you start wandering in different directions not paying much attention to exact directions and can't see the sky from the canopy. starts to get a little worrysome then hahaha.

Its like treasure hunting in a "perfect" environment. didn't see another soul the whole time, except for my girl of course!

Congrats on the grow pics.

My experience suggests that they tame as easily as cubes.

Or at least, that they can- and so far, a mazzive difference has been

noticed in the experience of homegrown subs compared to wild.

A huge difference.

a mazzive difference has been

noticed in the experience of homegrown subs compared to wild.

A huge difference.

Can you expand? For better or worse?

subs but not subs if you know what i mean!

look like a cross between charateristics of an Azure and a Mycena sp

WoW nice finds!

well after all that rain in sydney its getting rediculous!

They are just popping up everywhere. I keep bumping into them when Im not expecting it.

went for a wander this morning and there were just too manny to photograph!!

post-4026-127545351085_thumb.jpg

these were enjoying some morning sun

anyway, I dont think I can possibly take any more photos this season :innocent_n:

great to see everyone else enjoying the season

cheers

del

:o

Did you print those or keep any samples? They may not be subs! Did they bruise blue? Was the mycelium growing into any wood too? You should send a sample off to Workman to have some microscopy done on them.

these were enjoying some morning sun...

Really nice capture. Natural light like this is a dream with mushroom photos.

Yeh I agree, you just cant go wrong with sun rise and sun set for photos.

as long as you can focus (or have a good auto focus :lol: )

just let the natural light do the rest, haha at any other time of day my photos suck!

cheers

del

Can you expand? For better or worse?

Very, muchly better.

I've worked with homegrowns in a pan, and from a patch. The patch is 2nd gen 'tamed'.

From 3 tests, when 'tamed' they are infinitely more 'kind'. More joyful, and more focused.

If it keeps going this way, i'll post a report with more specifics.

It's quite exciting to wonder if subs could one day be as easy to grow indoors as cubes.

I'm believing they will. I'm thinking they grow with us, and us with them- and this is important work :)

It was fruiting straight out of poo no wood. I didnt take a spore print sadly but I could help an interested person obtain some of the myc if they wanted. They go as blue as subs and have a blue dot on some in the centre of the cap they were an awesome find :)

sharxx101

they were an awesome find :)

indeed!

you can tell from the photo that they are definitely subs. I've found subs fruiting off roo poo on multiple occasions. They look like little white easter eggs with subs attached. I'm sure that's what easter egg hunts are about.

Edited by The Dude

THE DUDE

Hey mate they really wernt a find of mine more of another members find that I took pics of. Thanks mate you know who you are :)

Maybe subs are evloving to fruit off poo! Exciting stuff and with the weather and micro climates changing this could be some sub evolution

Go subs!!! ;)

Poo sub spores would be immensely interesting to research...

howdy guys and gals, finally finding some decent patches,on the mornington peninsula. still no luck at last years spots tho.

found a monster patch right next to a path that had just been gone over with some thrasher machine, they were all hiding in the mashed ferns, they were easily the tallest, fattest(some as thick as my thumb) and most succulent of shrooms that i have found to date haha it was as if they were trying to get through the ferns to the light.also there were soo many pins just everywhere which i havnt seen before. the best thing about it is that its 2 mins walk from home heheh

i collected a good amount of myc from the monsters to start breeding them!!!

this is the first time i have attempted this, would the shrooms that grow from this myc possibly have the same characteristics as its forefathers?

cheers fellas

Just a friendly warning on stockpiling dried mushrooms, many of you may know this already, but it can have quite dire legal consequences. This guy from bluelight got dicked with about an ounce of dried mushrooms and the coppers tried to pin him with 27 grams of psilocin, apparently 2g is classified as supply. The magistrate saw through their bullshit, luckily for him, and he walked on a 22 month suspended sentence. This sort of heavy handedness was news to me, so if anyone else isn't aware of what the fuzz are capable of trying to get away with just bear it in mind when picking and stockpiling

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8444430#post8444430

Just a friendly warning on stockpiling dried mushrooms, many of you may know this already, but it can have quite dire legal consequences. This guy from bluelight got dicked with about an ounce of dried mushrooms and the coppers tried to pin him with 27 grams of psilocin, apparently 2g is classified as supply. The magistrate saw through their bullshit, luckily for him, and he walked on a 22 month suspended sentence. This sort of heavy handedness was news to me, so if anyone else isn't aware of what the fuzz are capable of trying to get away with just bear it in mind when picking and stockpiling

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8444430#post8444430

Well done linking this. I wanted to do it but wasn't sure if it was allowed here.

He also got done with 4.5 Kilos of Cannabis and walked.

Does anyone know how potent the stems are compared to the caps? I can't seem to find much info on it. can only find some info on cube etc. is it best to remove stems, dry and powder or leave them on? also is there any preffered drying method with subs or just regular dry?

Edited by Atlas

He also got done with 4.5 Kilos of Cannabis and walked.

How the hell does that work haha

Does anyone know how potent the stems are compared to the caps? I can't seem to find much info on it. can only find some info on cube etc. is it best to remove stems, dry and powder or leave them on? also is there any preffered drying method with subs or just regular dry?

Treat subs like every other mushroom, dry whole, grind whole, consume in tiny tiny peices.

Preferred drying will always be with a foodgrade dehydrator, otherwise infront of a fan for 24-48 hours depending, then inside a sealed dessicant box for 24-48 hours depending.

Mushrooms wildly vary in potency simply from sample to sample, so the stem of one fruit may have more lovliness than the cap of another...

Waste not want not imo

Just came back, here are some pics before i head to bed, i'll post some more tomorrow.

post-7022-12759041034_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127590438207_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127590441201_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12759044306_thumb.jpg

Hmm, isnt exactly hard to identify that second pic

how blue is it.

Never seen one bruised up like that

Hmm, isnt exactly hard to identify that second pic

how blue is it.

Never seen one bruised up like that

There were a few around in groups, the cap so bruised it looked green.

Just came back, here are some pics before i head to bed, i'll post some more tomorrow.

Really like the 1st pic B)