The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

Just a thought.. Are their any legal issues surrounding taking spore prints of, and or being in posession of the prints of, illegal mushrooms?

As I understand picking them is against the law, and to have taken a spore print kind of implies they must have been picked at some point..?

whenever i take my spore prints i just foil around the sub without breaking the stalk from "nature" :bootyshake:

Hi went for a walk in some sydney parkland today got some snaps,

post-4026-127467777592_thumb.jpg

post-4026-127467785168_thumb.jpg

post-4026-127467790669_thumb.jpg

Growing side by side with some lookalikes, photographers be careful!!!!

Pretty good considering the lack of rain in this particular area :)

nice snaps mate!

found a dozen or so a 2 min walk from my house. pretty stoked.

hope it goes nuts mid winter!

.anyone see a certain someone eating them out the pot at last years camp, they ate about 20 - 25 fresh large whole fruits and didn't hardly feel em.

Hahaha i would like to know who that was, jebus!!!

These guys just wanna say hi! :)

Thats just ridiculous!! I've spent about 5 full days searching for these and still nothing, I went up the top of the huge mountain, after it had been raining for about 4 days into what i thought would be perfect environment, freezing, very moist, plant litter everywhere and nothing, found a few weird looking shrooms down in a park but that was it. Lord M, awesome! :worship:

I say we round up a posse' and take this mayonnaise character in for questioning.

Just kidding

They're awesome pics.

I've got admit that is an awesome nick and avatar.

Mayonnaise indeed.

hahaha

great shots!

It's not easy always to predict how mushrooms will behave. That's one of the things is amazing about them.

anyone see a certain someone eating them out the pot at last years camp, they ate about 20 - 25 fresh large whole fruits and didn't hardly feel em.

have a feeling some tolerance may have been present. do not try this at home.

have a feeling some tolerance may have been present. do not try this at home.

Tell that to the reindeer :wink:

Still no luck here, keep looking i suppose! eventually i'll find them.

Nice pics again, Lord Mayonnaise

What sort of camera are they taken with ?

Damn lord mayonnaise :ana: Send some of your skills this way!!

Super crisp images, looks the goods :)

Mayonese, your photos kick serious ass. Put up some other ozzie fungi photos will you?

From this morning after we had a bit of rain here in Vic.

post-7065-127488121349_thumb.jpg

post-7065-127488122695_thumb.jpg

is this one?? lol :blush: or something useful at least? it bruised blue instantly.

or this

It was only a little thing but he had a white stem, didnt bruise, do they bruise even when this small?

Edited by Atlas

This looks to me somewhat like an Psilocybe cyanescens

I know its not, but one can only hope lol

Edited by Atlas

Atlas maybe you should publish your finds in myco ID subforum

1st looks interesting , not a psilocybe probably,

2nd cant tell, second probably not a psilocybe

3rd probably not a psilocybe . It has to blue. Did it blue? underside looks rusty brown

what you're looking for makes purplish spores. The underside is purplish brown.

Look up what a 'spore print' for mushrooms is, it's the easiest thing to do. Keep it up! Nice photos

Edited by mutant

i dont get it. im finding subs everywhere except 1 patch, which happens to be the "Mother-Patch" ive sighted 10,000 wet grams of subby goodness there in just 3 hours. its what i call a native patch ( mycelium is under eucy trees on moss and leaf-litter ) ive found subs around the corner on woodchips and in pine.this brings me to the conclusion THAT - woodchippers are first to fruit - about 2-4 weeks later the pines get going - most natural foresty areas will take a further 2 weeks to start fruiting.this is all at about ground level - im not sure how much of an impact being above sea-level makes.opinions?OH BY THE WAY!!!!!got a good kilo and a half today - majority from peoples front yards, oh so schneaky :devil::worship::shroomer::innocent_n::bootyshake::rolleyes:

I don't reckon what they are growing from makes that much of a difference, although to really test that hypothesis I would have to have a woodchip pile growing next to a native patch next to a pine patch, (could be a difficult experiment..).

In my experience I have found them very early growing in native forest, late march early april being the earliest I've seen them. Altitude does make a big difference here as the mountains have a higher relative humidity than the coast, (warm clouds/air holds more water than cold - so warm air/clouds bump into mountains and have to let go of some moisture :). Also in my experience even if it doesn't rain mushrooms will still be present as the dew of Autumn and early Winter mornings is enough to get them going. This is much truer of the mountains than the coast however.

These are just some of my observations.

thanks for your insight meanies! well ive already started a "controlled" woodchip patch, left enough room to grow pinus radiata AND gum nuts and leaves along with a little bittle of decaying native grasses that subs just LOVE!

so hopefully by next year i can show you guys the difference in a side by side comparison :) !!!

anychance of my controlled patch fruiting this year if it only started colonising 5 weeks ago? its pretty well developed! more so than fruiting patches ive observed.

ALSO! my DIY urban-assualt patch, in a park across the road from my place got churned up and replaced by treated chips about 3 weeks ago :( all that effort gone to waste :angry:

@Atlas,

that 2nd image is very interesting indeed.

A very 'yellow', bluer :blink: