The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Car Traders? I need an opinion...

Hi Guys, i have a Problem and i need to hear your thoughts. Last month, some stupid punk crashed in my car AGAIN. It´s like they are hunting me down. The Car is a BMW 525 and was built in 2000. It ran about 150 thousand kilometres and the repair is going to cost me about 4.500 Euro. The insurance company pays me 5.200 and i might get another 1.000 for the wreck if i dont repair it. Now im unsure what to do. The Car is great but i dont know if it wouldnt be better to take the money and get me a "new" used one. BMW engines are great and are known to last a lot longer than others. But if i have bad luck, it could also break soon. What do you think? bye Eg

Most modern cars start having problems around 200 thousand kilometres so how many kilometers a year do you do? Your car doesn't really have a lot of km's on it for ten years old, How much damage?, Is it structural?, Could you do the repairs your self? I don't know the market there but, if it is anything like the one here, your car is almost a write off and it is probably only panel damage. Myself I would beat the damage out myself, replace panels as you have the money, don't respray, and drive it till it died.. Repair men always charge in excess, they have to make money.

Write it off to the insurance and get a Celica :wink:

get the new one. Import a VL from australia, lower it and put southern cross star stickers on the window, shave your head and wear a wife beater, ensure the floor has a stable diet of beer cans and look bad ass bogan in europe

get the new one. Import a VL from australia, lower it and put southern cross star stickers on the window, shave your head and wear a wife beater, ensure the floor has a stable diet of beer cans and look bad ass bogan in europe

Just make sure you cut the springs...don't buy lowered ones,I mean it's gotta handle like a wet-rag and scrub the tyres :wink:

wear a wife beater,

i must ask..... ??

Make sure its a VL Turbo Calais... TURBO BRU!!!

@incognito: A white/blue Singlet, from my understanding.

@EvilG: Take the cash and get a new ride... Unless you named your first one and really really love it then repair her.

Edited by vual