The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
klip247

Australian "Chacruna"

*Disclaimer, I am not condoning the use of plant material in an illegal way whatsoever, this discussion is for theoretical inquiry only!

Since the South American Shamans use Psychotria Viridis "Chacruna" plant for its DMT content.. to make the Ayahuasca brew, would not the leaves of an Acacia plant that contain the DMT alkaloid be just as effective when mixed with the sacred amazonian vine?

To my limited knowledge the P.Viridis contains anywhere from 0.1% - 0.6% of DMT in its leaves, while some Acacia's may contain up to 1.2% of the tryptamine in its leaf (Acacia Acuminata).

What are your thoughts on this, would like to hear some feedback out of curiosity.

Edit: Actually wouldnt any DMT containing leaf of any plant be suitable as a "Chacruna" mixture in the aya brew and have the same or similar effect as a P.Viridis Chacruna mixture?

Cheers.

Edited by klip247

do a search on ayahuasca analogs, anahuasca and acaciahuasca. Besides hundreds of posts discussing this topic there are even whole books written about it. short answer is yes. long answer is 'be careful'.

I think it'd be best if you just used psychotria and caapi.

Acacias can contain some pretty toxic compounds, so you'd want to know which species contain what and in what amounts.