The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Agamemnon

Gnomes and Buzz powder

A gnome I know in the next street got his hands on some of Herbalistics buzz powder, but boy did it get up his nose. The poor height challenged fellow just cant hack it! He was wondering if the powder could be mixed with green tea and consumed. I told him I didnt know, but maybe someone can help regarding how much to put in his tea cup :confused:

i tried a decent line of buzz powder recently after a night on the turps and had an unpleasant reaction, kept getting massive rushes of blood to my head, deafening me wwith surging blood in my ears , increasing in intensity til i thought holy shit aneurism, then the surging just disappears and builds back up over the next couple of minutes, lasting for an hour or so. mm i guess maybe i just had too much?

El Duderino:

erm.. wtf is buzz powder?

based on the above posts I'd say a Justica pectoralis & fermented Sceletium tortuosum snuff.

Yup.

and try about a match-head up each nostril.This is plenty for a nice energetic feeling lasting up to a few hours.

Naughty Fez :rolleyes:

mescalito:

Yup.

and try about a match-head up each nostril.This is plenty for a nice energetic feeling lasting up to a few hours.

Naughty Fez :rolleyes:

a matchhead ey? ive tried a few little bumps of it about that size and had mild mood lifting effects.. hmm i estimate i had probly 1/3 of a bag :rolleyes: never again tho. i think i get much more noticable but shorter lasting effects from smoking.

kind of wrong waking up that next morning, gf staring at me, wtf is all that green shit around your nostril? ah well live an learn

:D

when i was at the kava hut in cairns ben gave me a bowl of justica didn't taste 2 bad although i didn't notice any effect but maybe it was coz of the 4 bowls of ultimate strength kava i had maybe it potentiated the kava??

bowl of justica didn't taste 2 bad although i didn't notice any effect -psycho0

Justicia tea seems to be quite subtle from my experience, though i suppose it could also have to do with the concentration of it. For me it is very dreamy and relaxing, especially around the upper back/neck area. I have alot of problems with my neck, justicia tea seems to work well for relieving tension which makes stretching easier and less painfull. Have got some assays to post soon, still want to get more done before i put the first lot up.

It's a perculiar taste though, not too shabby.

i must try it on it's own soon as i get a tense neck and stuff 2 and it does sound interesting how much of the tea would u need 4 a fairly strong effect? i like the 'blue film' on top of the tea it looks cool!

aaron

I really think that your using way too little at a time if you can't snort the amount required. You see your probably lowering the amount your trying to line or pinch up your nose to try and reduce pain. And lowering the amount is a big mistake when snorting as it actually makes it hurt more and requires more snorts to get the same effect.

That being said about the mechanics of snorting don't do too much scell. Things got nasty when I accidentally smoked too much homemade sceletium.

A gnome I know too has smoked a little bit too much home made sceletium. We had put our research in and read that with a sizeable dose sceletium will flush the toxins out of your body through vomiting or another method. It had been an enjoyable experience on everybody's behalf until I guess they must have reached that dose. All of a sudden they were feeling a bit foggy when they decided to get to the toilet; sharpish. What followed was a mild, relaxing laxative effect followed by a constant sceletium rush that topped the others. They'd also been drinking lots of home made Absinth so the entire episode was really quite funny!!!!

I also read that a long time ago it was thought to contain Cocaine, that was obviously wrong but my gnome says that after his toilet experience, he could see why people could think so.

I have often experienced a mild but near-instant laxative from insufflating Scelectium powder, beginning with my very first use. After speaking to others, I've come to believe that it's not an uncommon side effect.

I always thought that any laxative effect attributed to cocaine was due to the presence of adulterants. I don't use cocaine or know that much about it, so I could be wrong.

Might one of the well informed give an approximation of just how safe they think sceletium is? It scares me, honestly.

Many people get bowel movements from drugs that increase serotonin levels, eg MDMA or SSRI's such as Sceletium or prozac.

My guess is that this is due to serotonin triggering smooth muscle contractions and hence increased peristalsis of the gut. This is serotonins natural function in the gut, so nothing really unexpected or freaky.

The safety of sceletium and the individual alkaloids is completely unknown except that many people have taken it and WE KNOW of no deaths related to its use.

Forensic scientists may have (or develop off the cuff) methods to find the sceletium alkaloids in corpses but may not bother unless there is some other clue - such as a green filled nose? With the effective dose at the single milligramme level it would be a tricky one to find after death.

There is one paper on PubMed for "mesembrine" which is not about synthetic chemistry. That one paper is a review of traditional medical uses from 1996. Nothing else.

The claimed MAOI and SSRI effects seem to lack peer review publication. Quote: "It is a confirmed serotonin (re)-uptake inhibitor - as understood by the US Patent office" Excuse me? The Patent Office decides on Scientific Truth?

We know a severe reaction can occur with 5HTP and sceletium. Also MDMA can cause extreme discomfort when mixed.

Research herbs are just as dodgy as research chemicals, remember your waterproof note for the coroner.

If you are not scared yet you don't know enough

[ 09. December 2004, 23:01: Message edited by: theobromos ]

Death would be preferable to calcium deposits appearing in my urinary tract.