The Corroboree
sillysyban

Gold Coast cubensis.

Hi good peoples,

This is my first post here so hello to you all.

I am going up to the Gold Coast on holidays soon and am wondering if the cubensis are still in season up there? I know rain or humidity hasnt been a problem there but I am not sure on the season. I am a Melbourne boy so am used to dealing with the good ol' Subs instead.

Although I am not asking for spots, any advice on what habitat etc. to look for would be helpful so I am not trudging around wasting time.

Cheers.

I'd say theres a pretty good chance of finding some cubes after the amount of rain theyve copped up there. Check out some cow paddocks. Thats where you'll find em.

I'd say theres a pretty good chance of finding some cubes after the amount of rain theyve copped up there. Check out some cow paddocks. Thats where you'll find em.

Will do. Cheers.

Ive found that i havent had much luck from Coffs Harbour all the way up to Grafton, blue meanies yes but not much cubes. A friend of a friend found a few spots in Bangalow, not far from Byron and its close to the freeway, they are EVERYWHERE their, a few certain fields in Nashua in particualur, yield easily 300+ fruits, takes hours with two lads to finish picking! Hopefully you get the right patch in temperature, otherwise your looking at hitting at least 30-40 fields. Good Luck.

Peace

Blue meanies are good. Any psilocybe mushrooms are good for me. I will do some research into what the blue meanies look like and if I see any that I think fit the bill I will post pics for a positive ID. What about liberty caps? Do they grow up that way?

Thanks for your advice.

a FOAF on the coast says Cubes galore mate... There is enough sun through the day to get em out. Sometimes they are a bit worse for wear if there was a rainy night but overall there is bagfulls to be found in the right places.

SWIM has around 35G dry from a run 5 days ago after having cooked up 150G wet already.

also got a fair few Pan Cyans but overall SWIM found that there appears to be far more mature Cubes. However SWIM notices a fair few little Panaeoulus growing in the dung which could be a good sign. Swim said it isn't uncommon to wander a whole paddock and then find a 10m x 10m area that has 5-6 pats with 5+ palm sized cubes spewing out of them.

edit: head for the hills and you will find what you seek and much much more !!

Edited by DarkSpark

a FOAF on the coast says Cubes galore mate... There is enough sun through the day to get em out. Sometimes they are a bit worse for wear if there was a rainy night but overall there is bagfulls to be found in the right places.

SWIM has around 35G dry from a run 5 days ago after having cooked up 150G wet already.

also got a fair few Pan Cyans but overall SWIM found that there appears to be far more mature Cubes. However SWIM notices a fair few little Panaeoulus growing in the dung which could be a good sign. Swim said it isn't uncommon to wander a whole paddock and then find a 10m x 10m area that has 5-6 pats with 5+ palm sized cubes spewing out of them.

edit: head for the hills and you will find what you seek and much much more !!

i googled an image of blue meanies just for you my friend newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

panaeolus_cyanescens7.jpg

I personally have found WAY more blue meanies than gold tops in brissy area, which im fine with as i much prefer them anyway. happy hunting cool.gif

DarkSpark and Psilosophical. You guys ROCK. Thanks very much. I will be there next Thursday so will probably go a hunting on Friday or Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. I like the look of the Blue meanies. I actually cant wait to try the cubes or meanies. I have only ever had subs before and although they are supposed to be one of the strongest mushies around I have heard the cubes are a smoother ride. I dont know if thats true and I cant say I have ever had a rough time with the subs, except a couple of times in the early days before I learned not to eat before taking them. :puke:

OK, just so I got this straight. Cow paddocks in the hills. I will be around Nerang way I might try out the back of Burleigh way or would it be better to head up towards Tamborine?

PS. If your FOAF's are ever in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne between May and the end of July. Let me know so I can return the favour. :)

DarkSpark and Psilosophical. You guys ROCK. Thanks very much. I will be there next Thursday so will probably go a hunting on Friday or Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. I like the look of the Blue meanies. I actually cant wait to try the cubes or meanies. I have only ever had subs before and although they are supposed to be one of the strongest mushies around I have heard the cubes are a smoother ride. I dont know if thats true and I cant say I have ever had a rough time with the subs, except a couple of times in the early days before I learned not to eat before taking them. :puke:

OK, just so I got this straight. Cow paddocks in the hills. I will be around Nerang way I might try out the back of Burleigh way or would it be better to head up towards Tamborine?

PS. If your FOAF's are ever in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne between May and the end of July. Let me know so I can return the favour. :)

Any cow paddoc will do, it doesnt need to be in the hills. my mates having tried subs, cubes and cyans and they did say the subs had the strongest effect although it was always a completely unmeasured dose. be careful when brewing both cubes and blue meanies as the blue meanies my mates have found are about twice as strong, and the younger, less mature ones being even stronger.

if i was you i would just hit every paddoc u can find and grab a massive haul and a nice variety of mush to munch on down in melb.

visit ya in winter biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

True any paddock will do but try and find somewhere a bit secluded. I prefer you don't get chased by farmers on your holidays.

and Psilo, earlier in the season SWIM found pretty much only meanies or panaeoulus but over the last while it has been cubes with a few others here and there. here and there. I think maybe they don't handle the absolute soaking as well as the rest. the most intense - thought provoking/eye opening trip that SWIM ever had was a brew of Cubensis stalks. Swim had around .5g dry more than their last try of the caps and it was reported to be incredible. SWIMS first real feeling of connection with the world and overall happiness and contentness at having solved a major problem.

Also SWIM spied several datura in some of paddocks. Not SWIMS thing but if its yours keep a lookout.

Also SWIM found a massive white mushroom with gills that were sponge like and curved out rather than in. Around 20 cm cap diameter, apparently there was a few will get some pics up when i get some pics.

Edited by DarkSpark

True any paddock will do but try and find somewhere a bit secluded. I prefer you don't get chased by farmers on your holidays.

I can just see it now. Tripping hard, laughing hysterically with an arm load of mushies whilst being chased by a burly bloke with a pitchfork.

Definately something I would like to avoid hahaha.

Edited by sillysyban

I can just see it now. Tripping hard, laughing hysterically with an arm load of mushies whilst being chased by a burly bloke with a pitchfork.

Definately something I would like to avoid hahaha.

I know of one case where a couple young blokes were marched off a property at gunpoint with a shotgun by some idiotic farmer. Needless to say the young blokes didn't find it a laughing matter.

Aggressive confrontations can be unpleasant and occur too frequently not to exercise at least some caution.

Collecting shrooms is fine but be carefull.

I know of one case where a couple young blokes were marched off a property at gunpoint with a shotgun by some idiotic farmer. Needless to say the young blokes didn't find it a laughing matter.

Aggressive confrontations can be unpleasant and occur too frequently not to exercise at least some caution.

Collecting shrooms is fine but be carefull.

Its not a good look when your boss gets a call from a farmer complaining that his salesmen (me) is wandering around his paddocks picking mushrooms :blush: . Damb sign writing on cars! Should be outlawed. My boss rang me on my mobile, I answered, he asked where I was and you guessed it, I lied (sorry Mr Penrite). Caught out big time. But I did get away with a big bag of shrooms. I had to get that same car towed out of a State Forest once as I got bogged to the axles on a hunt.

You just gotta be careful..... :P It's a dangerous world out there....

Any wide Bay hunters out there?

Cheers

Hutch :wink:

Hutch