The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teljkon

Do you Ozys have

asdasd

Edited by Teljkon

Yeah,er got 'em...

Not yet...keep hearing about these shows and people say they are coming soon but I've not seen em yet in my town.

Do we get the Simpsons?????

No mate, we all have a wireless and our milk is delivered door to door by Kangaroo.

Does anyone find this a little...... :rolleyes:

I mean c'mon, The simpsons!!! It's been translated into over 45 different languages!!! The only reason we wouldnt have it is because we are either 3rd world (and socially oppressed) or we are utterly ignorant of the outside world.. Which I think the latter apllies to the person asking this question!....

I am aware he means no harm.. but C'mon!!!! Do we get the simpspons????

maybe not such a silly question, as out here in the sticks, we have only got channel 10 last year....doooohhhh

i think alot of families went to the city on holidays just so they could watch the simpsons! lol

oh and we are the first place to have analogue switched of in june and go fully digital.

:lol:

lets just hope he was kidding

edit; dont a lot of people out west have satellite tv?

Edited by spacemonk

Dou you Guys also have Roads and Cars over there? :lol:

Edited by Evil Genius

satellite tv? good lord, that sounds abit fancy!

no phone reception and no tv makes hasha a something something something! lol

nope we live a enforced simple life out here, where A country Practice is still the no 1 tv show!!

family guy and all those new american shows are just cheap shitty comedy making fun of race and people with disabilitys its just ignorant bullshit really and i think aus and any other country could do without these shows

satellite tv? good lord, that sounds abit fancy!

no phone reception and no tv makes hasha a something something something! lol

nope we live a enforced simple life out here, where A country Practice is still the no 1 tv show!!

Ouch! well you gotta admit mate, Thats not common for most Aussie families.. Lucky you got the net...Remember.. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! You can turn it into your TV and your phone!!

family guy and all those new american shows are just cheap shitty comedy making fun of race and people with disabilitys its just ignorant bullshit really and i think aus and any other country could do without these shows

I disagree. Personally I'm not sure I could've got through some shit in life without a healthy dose of humour; schadenfreude(sp?) particularly. Some shows are fairly puerile, but there are some really clever storylines in others.

Also I've been watching The Simpsons since I was eight years old and it was first shown on Aus television back around 1990.

yeah fp, the simpsons and southpark are an important part of nowadays tv culture. :wub: When i was just having the darkest hours of my life, the simpsons cheered me up to the point where i could laugh at my hopeless situation. With enough humour you can get through everything. I dont like "Family Guy" and "American Dad" tho. I just cant laugh about most jokes in these series. Not because they are too harsh but because they arent funny to me.

those freakin Dropbears are starting into their mating season out here. Death from above i tells ya.

Narrowly escaped one on the weekend, dropped on my backpack when i rode home from work, took a fucken 6 inch hole right out the bastard.

btw, is it just me or is South Park just not funny anymore??

only one out of the programs mentioned i will bother to watch is King of the Hill. Its just Gold.

simpsons Boring.... seen it all before... family guy..retarded.. busts its arse to be funny by cracking a joke very 2 seconds...

bring back ren and stimpy!!!

p.s Throw away your tv!

behave...it's fucking funny as and very creative...better than watching another boring US reality show.

asdas

Edited by Teljkon

All i have to say is :wave-finger:. WTF do i know think ive gone to OZ on vacation to watch tv. Factually every time ive been out of the country I dont get to the tube till I mosey in from the pub at 11:00pm. And the day i sit around when im in some really cool country other than my own ill pack it in and work on tying nuses. After all you guys do ban books how do i know Stitched up dosent run the tv ends of things and banned all "cheap shitty comeadys". Ok that was a jab back at you guys seriously though. In all honesty if you really think i ment it that way then your way off. I wasnt aware that you automaticaly get the simpsons as soon as your considered first world didnt even know its been translated :huh:

ALthough I have to complement your choice of importing american reality shows so you can worship our over gealed hair and have something to work twoards down there, its truly our cultural apex. while that poster is fucking funny as shit,I dont think my view on australia is that screwed up! Jezz remind me not to try a little cultural exchange again any time soon.

Haha! all good matey! just havin a dig! We know most people mean no harm when asking questions like that..

Theres gotta be loads of questions that seppo's get asked that make you go :rolleyes:

I think I heard on JJJ a coupla days back about a Japanese guy, as a joke, telling an Aussie that you can buy Wallabies in Japanese supermarkets... sold as "miniature Kangaroos".. gotta have a laugh hey!

No offence intended mate, and none taken...

might just be you :P

I think some of the latest episodes are full of gold.

it almost seems that people are forgetting how to laugh :blink:

Do you Yanks have Neighbours and Home & Away??

Partially true. They had a phase within the 13th season where they brought out some unfunny ones. Especially the one with the open Air bath and the immigrants. I havent laughed once in the whole episode. But there were some pretty good episodes in the 13th season. The one where cartman wants to become a pirate in somalia was pretty epic. :wink:

I love to laugh but I have trouble finding anything funny in South Park...maybe it's the crap animation that put's me off it, cause I just don't watch it, American Dad however is pure gold.

i think im the only one in my circle of friends who likes 'drawn together'

but honestly i dont watch TV anymore.

One of my clients watches the old school 'a country practice' from like 20 years ago everyday.

when i do home visits hes usually got it on. lol brings back memorys! used to watch every episode with gran and mum when i was an infant. weird when u see somethin u havent seen since u where 6, its really weird, the amount of memorys that flood back. Good ol' Esme Watson!! horrified at the slightest immorality haha. I always used to get so upset whenever Esme got upset and be so releieved when someone helped or sorted her out! Definately fostered my compassion for elderly ladies, i will ALWAYS go out of my way to help an old bird :)

Bob Hatfield(who ended up a pedo i beleieve?) Cookie, Frank the cop, Fatso the wombat and Doris the pig, but oh man the hottest chick of australian telly EVER was a nurse on there whats here name... Georgie Parker??? shes like 18 and PHWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!! id sell my soul to sniff her knickers fo sho! thats truly gross and disgusting but i just cant help but get a hardon when i see her in her nurse uniform. Fuck yeah Georgie Parker!

Edited by incognito

here she is- shes about 45 here,, now imagine way back when :worship::drool2::drool2:

post-781-126809984725_thumb.jpg

georgieparker.jpg

georgieparker.jpg