The Corroboree
dood

psilocybe subaeruginosa season starts soon!

Im a little excited at the prospect of the psilocybe subaeruginosa season beginning shortly. From memory when the temps get down to round 7degrees C, and after good rains they begin to show up.

Just wondering if anyone out there would like to share any pearls of wisdom on this topic...Happy Fungi Spotting Everyone

7 degrees!

i would have thought more like between 4 to 6 degrees.

rain is good, but i think heavy dews are also very helpful in getting the mosture levels in the ground to the right amount. you can also get too much moisture which results in brittle stems.

no real pearls of wisdom from me, except for your own learning, just make mental notes of where and when you find them, and light and moisture conditions so you can compare to other locations. after a little while youll learn to recognise what they like and where you are likely to find them. and then one day youll find a whole heap that blow all your experince out the window.

have fun on your hikes, make sure if you find any you take heaps of pics to share with us as they are a very photogenic species.

Im already watching the weather reports. Last year was better than I couldve hoped for so Im hoping to have similar luck this time round I guess. Got a patch going at home also so Ill see how that goes...Ahh, I cant wait.

Although i didn't see them myself, a friend has seen some last weekend in the blue mountains area.

Hillbilly

What the..

I never see them out until like mid May..

Earliest i have seen them was mid march.

obviously cold where your friend is.

ooooh the tension...the excitement...who will get there first? who will be the last standing? it's been pretty cold and rainy these last few days it's got me thinking things might begin a bit early....

i wouldnt be surprised if oberon has started fruiting already. nights are getting pretty cold here, Orange is hitting 10 degrees at night and oberon is always around 5 degrees cooler.

might go for a trek up there this weekend and check out the G-Spot.

Edited by incognito

P.S Winter Camp- Oberon G-SPOT LAST WEEKEND OF APRIL.

shhhh!!!

what about?

Hmmm. Good old Oberon, well If anyone has any luck doing some photography Id love to see them.

dont be a dood and come with!

I would love to, Im away for the entire weekend. Its gonna rain too! You guys are gonna have some awesome Fungi spoting I can feel it. I really appreciate the offer tho, another time for sure.

About five years back anzac day (mid april) yeilded good finds , pins would have been earlier!!

Filthy stinking hot summers and dry autum periods make the season peak in the depths of winter ,as i have seen lately ( last few years )

Really keen for the cold and wet to hit this year, more than any before. I suspect I'll be getting the mushroom dreams pretty soon.

Went for a walk at a plantation the other day and saw 50 odd healthy lookin slippery jacks around the place. Surprising seeing as though weve had fuck all rain.

It's feeling like they might be around soon. Change of seasons always brings cold and then back to hot weather, (and vice vesa). I guess it's just got to be in the right quantities. Around here I will be doing some walks toward the end of the month if the rains we have been getting and the temp's keep up. But it seems well early to me. I would like to see photos of hillbilly's mates shrooms... sure they were sub's dude coz that is very early!

... mushroom dreams pretty soon.

Went for a walk at a plantation the other day and saw 50 odd healthy lookin slippery jacks around the place.

nice , I'm hoping for a good slipperies and milkies (and others) season this year amongst the pines.

I want to make a special trip south with a few friends , so we can get a decent feed of them.

maybe with some slow cooked pheasant or partridge, and a few bottles of wine to wash it down.

awwwwww dude.... you had to go and make me hungry didnt you...

Im excited as well - ive moved back up to the hills this season and the conditions here look awesome. In the old days the rule was a cold snap and three days of rain. That doesnt happen much since 2001.

The tanks are overflowing again today, sooooo wet. Gon be the best season in ten years or more round ere i reckon.

any good fields around melbourne?

The tanks are overflowing again today, sooooo wet. Gon be the best season in ten years or more round ere i reckon.

4 the victorian season -

Yeah 70mm at Moorabin at an unofficial rain gauge from friday night thru sunday morn , the ground is nice and wet too ,fair way down.

Just need it to stay reasonably cool though for a bit yet into mid april.

headin to oberon this arvo, will report any finds :)