The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dworx

Blade 4 SALE

Hi all,

I have just finsihed forging and rough grinding this knife blade, thought some one might be interested so will sell as an auction.

Will start bids @ $50.00, finish auction @ 2100 [9.00pm] Sunday 7th March.

Blade specs:

Hand forged HC Tool steel in charcoal forge

BL: 80mm

OL: 180mm

I can finish Knife for winner @ additional charge [ depends on materials and availability, Polish to satin finish and make micarta or timber scales for handles. ]

No harm done if no-one wants it – just thought I would offer it up, but would be happy to keep it.

DW

Nice handiwork mate! really nice! :lol:

Thanx, It's a lot to setup and then a whole journey to learn techniques, to hammer steel into a knife. The feel is also different between the steels, some are buttery and some are really hard, and I am talking about 1200 celsius. Then you have the probs associated with getting charcoal or coal for fuel but only using dead wood cos' I dont want to kill a living tree. Anyway it is semi tribal as I don't have a hand crank grinder so electricity played a part...

Blade is now partly polished, styill a little bit of pitting as seen in the above photos [possibly] but am fairly certain it will come out.

Edited by dworx

Doubled up for some reason!!

Edited by dworx

Yeah Kruger! I could do the blades but its like five blades, LOL.. This knife has not sold here, perhaps any knife buffs who have a special blade in mind would like a hand forged knife? It doesn't matter I will still make my knives, there is nothing like the sensation of creation, from raw materials heated and manipulated by hand in those ancient flames of a coal forge, lol, just a passion of mine I guess...

DW

Edited by dworx

Trip will email you later in teh week if your still interested PM me, Sorry dealing with a bit of tragedy at the moment..

Trip

Emailed this morning mate..

DW

Edited by dworx