The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
prier

trichocereus x echinopsis

Hey all,

I'm interested in trichonopsis hybrids. I've seen a few of these plants around over the years. I found out that there was a large amount of these sold by a melbourne nursery in the mid 1990s. They were attepting to make a spineless colored tricho but sold most of the plants before they reached maturity, not really knowing what they were going to look like.

Recently at the melbourne cacti society show I got to see a third generation of these hybrids. a variagated, spineless freak, a most amazing plant. Does anyone have any photos of these plants? or know any more about these particular hybrids?

Thanks.

Recently at the melbourne cacti society show I got to see a third generation of these hybrids. a variagated, spineless freak, a most amazing plant. Does anyone have any photos of these plants? or know any more about these particular hybrids?

Thanks.

I'm very interested in finding out if this is true

it's a project that I've been working on myself for quite some time!

please verify and provide any info regarding this.

Here's a photo of one of the first gen plants.

post-1178-126663952427_thumb.jpg

I don't have any photos of the third gen plant. Hopefully one of the members here took photos at the cacti society show last year. The grower is an old member of the cacti society. I've haven't spoken to him about that particular plant yet, I will next chance I get.