The Corroboree
cisumevil

Weird drinks & brews!

Hey everyone

Anyone else ever make any weird drinks or home brews?

I have a foaf that likes to tinker

Every year he makes this one ..........

"Bout A Spoonful"

Pt. 1

- Aprox 15 fresh "White Persian Poppy" pods with stems & seeds are used.

- Chop with pairing scissors (1cm chunks is perfect)

- Place chopped pods into a large glass jar (lid is needed)

- Cover with 99% ISO & shake viourously for 3 minutes.

- Strain ISO into a large drying bowl and place somewhere warm to evapourate off ISO (Not in direct light) *This can take anywhere from 8 hours to 3 days to completly evapourate the ISO!

* Note : Keep pod scapes from Pt. 1 for use in Pt. 2

Pt. 2

- Aprox 15 "White Persian Poppy" pods are used but these pods & stems have been dried and seeds removed for planting next year.

- Grind these in a coffee grinder & add to a large cooking pot.

- Add 3.5 grams of "Grade A" saffron

- Add 2 x dried Brugmansia White flowers. (If you DO NOT HAVE A GOOD TRUSTED SOURCE FOR THESE & KNOW THE STRENGTH OF THEM IT'S BETTER TO LEAVE THEM OUT ALL TOGETHER! You can add some more Ginger as the reason for this is to stop some of the quessines associated with opiates!)

- Add 5 x fresh Kafa lime leaves (Whole)

- Add 250grms of freshly gratted Ginger

- Add 10 x large Habano Chilles

- Add 4 x whole lemons cut in half.

- Add 100grms of fresh mint.

- Add 1 x teaspoon of salt

- Add 1 x teaspoon of Black pepper (Whole)

- Add 4 Tablespoons of "Red Gum" Honey.

- Add remaining pod scapes from Pt. 1

- Cover with 50% spring water (non sparkling) & 50% Soda water. Simmer until you have reduced total liquid to 25% volume, cool & then strain.

Pt. 3

- Buy a 750ml bottle of Vodka & divide it 50/50.

- Mix 50% of Vodka with the dried resin from Pt. 1

- Mix 50% of Vodka with the liquid from Pt. 2

- Now combine both Vodka mixes into a 1lt glass bottle and you have "Bout A Spoonful"

Please be careful as this stuff is STRONG! As the name sugests start of with just a teaspoons worth as a starting point.

Real strong medicine that will get you a HUGE addiction if not use sparingly!

He also 3 years ago had lots of left over poppies & got creative & made some Ethno Ginger beer! After it had fermented and been botleled for 5 weeks he tried it and just about died. He said it tasted so BITTER and burned his mouth pretty bad ...... lol. He reckons it tasted like stomach bile mixed with chillie oil!

Well he had 31 bottles of this stuff left and just left them in a cool dark spot in his shed, this was about 3 years ago.

Now he tells me that recently things were very dry and he was very broke & remembered these bottles of Ethno Ginger Beer & thought "Why the heck not, I will give these another go". So he get's 4 bottles and puts them in the fridge. Once nicely chilled he pours the 1st one carefully as to not disturb the settled sediment from the bottom of the bottle & fills a large, skinny class & starts to drink it. He reckons there was no more fizz but the taste was great, citrus, apricot, saffron, spicy, ginger flavors with a tingling light heat around the mouth. With in minutes after drinking the glass a big warm glow started all over the body and the mind was wandering but after 20+ minutes he could not resist the urge to go to bed. He reckons he had the most wonderful sleep but woke up with abit of a head ache in the morning and reckons the drink is a winner

So good things come to those who wait!

Here's how he made the "Ethno Ginger Beer"

* 25 White Persian Poppy heads (crushed fine)

* 1 cup White Sugar

* 1/2 cup brown suger

* 4 tbls of Palm sugar

* 4 tbls of RedGum Honey

* 4 chopped Green Mangoes

* 1 knob of Ginger (grated)

* 1 pkt of high quality Saffron

* 2 tbls of Whole Black pepper

* 8 Cloves (crushed)

* 6 Kaffa lime leaves (crushed)

* 6 whole Aust Desert limes

* 4 whole lemons cut into quaters

* 6 chopped chocolate habanero peppers

* 1 dried yellow brugmansia flower

* 42 grams of cannabis head trim

* 1.5 lts of Sparkling mineral water

* 1 375 ml can of Coke a Cola

All this was placed in a large pot on a gas stove top and brought to a gentle simmer. Once simmering the heat was turned down to the lowest flame he could get and left for 6+ hours.

Pot contents were left to cool and the strained thru chesse cloth.

This liquid was then poured into a high 7-8% Ginger beer that was at it's 5th day of brewing.

This was left to brew for another 7 days until brews activity had slowed right down & then bottled.

Then you just have to store it in a cold, dark place for 3+ years .... lol

Anyone else got any good brews that they want to share?

• Like 1

you make me thirsty , first one sounds great :devil:

Edited by blowng

nice report and recipe, and obviously the creators of those brews are very artistic, and have the potential to inspire...

but i would not have the guts anymore for some of your ingreediances, hehe.

for a few years, i had no alcohol, so i never brewed, but now i am all up for it.

i once tried a few bottles of homebrew, where some cannabis buds had been added to the beer at the botteling stages. although probably not the best of methodes, it still produced some nice results.

you say, 3min iso, i think that is far too short, or not?

how soluble would be those activas in iso?

scraping the resin of some pods, might yield much better brewing materials.

Black pepper and vodka is a better drink than tequila.

-------------------------------------------------

# José Cuervo Especial Silver (bottle immediately after distillation, with a hint of spicy black pepper and smooth agave)

# José Cuervo Especial ("José Cuervo

The majority of Jose Cuervo tequila is a 51% mixto tequilla meaning only 51% is fermented from the sugars of the Agave plant. The remainder is fermented from other cheaper sugar sources. The Tradicional and Reserva Familia are 100% Agave tequilas.

-----------------------------------------------

A time in past in mexico history was the agave root [50 pounds]as useless except for starch [fermentation]but for the spicy taste they must have used something natural like chiles peppers in the distillation mash.

Ground Black pepper is cheap and less harsh.

hey, hello ...

all these is pretty interesting..

I have long been interested in making a liquer both with a tropane plant as well as with Amanita muscaria.

1) tropane drink.>>> I suspect that a drink made with hyoscyamine rich parts as hyoscyamus material or mandrake root will result in a more sedative combo, whereas scopolamine or even atropine rich parts like datura leaves, even flowers of daturas and brugs or atropa belladonna material which are generally more on the atropine side, could lack a portion of the sedative effect and even have a stimulant effect. Any thought on these? Could you give me any numbers in dried material to make a tropane wine ? [in datura leaf or seed, hyoscyamus root seed or leaf , etc etc I know I should work this out according to what I want to do, but I don't know where to start. at 2-3 grams of dried leaf datura or 8 per litre?

2)amanita drink.>>> I have been thinking making a liquer [in the sense of a sweet alcoholic liquier] like many people do with cantharellus cibarius, a good edible with fruity aroma.

Thing is I have no experience in any of this plus I don't have time to search for material I don't have, thus I am looking for something easy. F.e. , amanita tea tastes fucking great with honey and cinnamon . Something along this line, which is is the way other mushrooms are made into. I have also not thought about how much material to put in... Should I put, say 20-30 grams of drid material in a litre of liquer or 40-60??

Of course in both occasions I don't expect anyone to drink say more then , say, 3-4 glasses without starting to push the envelope at risky situations....

any thoughts?

Chai with a 2grm dose of mucuna pruriens and 5grms of sida seed gives you a nice kick in the mornings helps clear the airways to, i like to make my own chai i dont base it with black tea and i use a little mace oil instead of dried nutmeg.

i also use chai to get my kava down, i think the 2 go well together.

Glad i met your Friend Cisum, just downed a Ginger brew....waiting for the effects....will report back.

Vinho da Jurema

Takes plenty of material compared to Mimosa with a MAOI (at least 10-15 g), but seems to be much safer and very forgiving.

Used in religious rituals in present day coastal Brazil, and there are indications of historical indigenous use, probably with mild MAOIs such as tobacco or maracuja (Passiflora) juice.

its not super weird or strange but simple and it work's

chewing khat for hours can be a bit of a pain so just pop some fresh tips and stems in a blender with some soda water, blend it for a few minutes and then strain through a coffee filter or two leaving behind the goop and the green filtered liquid in the glass

to that glass add some more soda water and some lemon lime and bitter cordial and drink

no reason behind the soda water its just that it was in the fridge and seemed better than just water, seemed like an idea the bubbles mixed it around a bit more and the cordial is for taste only

its quite tasty and refreshing and the logic behind it is to get the khat whilst at its freshest without the normal limiting routes of ingestion

one could expect a two hour window of power where for example you will be wrestling and submitting your 6'8 friend with copycat UFC moves, bowling faster in cricket nets so you are scaring his 17yo son and generally high.

A bloody mary, is best with horseradish or tabbasco[chile], and a little lemon juice can make it less hot faster for the too hot taste.

A little bartender trick.

Clamato is just tomato juice , worstheshire, and a little clam juice and too sweet.

regular bloody mary mixes, just have worstheshire steak sauce have in in it.

worstheshire [English nobleman with a lot of beef eating experience was a guy that did it, but the cheap stuff just has oranges in it and maybe better except for a couple years like wine ageing does make the differrence,

The real stuff was less orange tasting.

And the last the hot stuff which is just add the chile[japlenolos] can vinegar to tomato juice and surprise. sliced lemons will be neccasary as a joke. 1 dollAR A AS tiny put out and will. they will know owe you.

I have a theory for a drink I'd like to try should the ingredients become legal or I move to somewhere they are.

Coca leaves and a good couple of pinches of excellent quality saffron put into a jar with high-proof alcohol like a polish vodka left to rest for 2 weeks. Strain. Percolate coffee with pinch of theobromine/or chocamine and about 100gs sassafras powder. Add a bit of the alcohol mix to a cup of the brewed coffee mix. Voila a hot toddy to be drunk in the morning (or before you go out) rather than before bed - haha good luck sleeping on that.