finaly got ahold of some jourds the other day, enjoy :lol:

P1190703.jpg

P1190705.jpg

P1190715.jpg

P1190695.jpg

P1220742.jpg

6 month old williamsii seedlings

P1220726.jpg

Nice grafts, where'd you get the jourds from?

Hate to say it, but those seedlings are in no way Lophophoras.

Nice grafts, where'd you get the jourds from?

Hate to say it, but those seedlings are in no way Lophophoras.

my mate got 6 of them from a private collector but i might be able to get 1 more off him if you want one? i'll ask him when he comes over on the weekend

the seedlings are def williamsii as they are seeds collected from my plants will post a pic of one i grafted when it was 2weeks old

If i wasn't going overseas soon, I'd definitely take you up on that offer, but I'm trying to lessen my collection of plants that need more-than-average attention to make it easier for those who are looking after them. It's very tempting though...how much are they?

Really? Well damn, they don't look anything like any of my Loph seedlings, nor any I've ever seen pictures of. They are just so spiny. Are you sure you couldn't have mixed them up with some Trichocereus seeds?

mushroomman, I love the L. jourdanianus, such pretty plants. And tripsis is right, those aren't Lophophora seedlings. I think you might have labeled a photo wrong or something, as those look like any random Trichocereus seedling I have ever seen and not like one L. williamsii seed.

~Michael~

• Like 1

If i wasn't going overseas soon, I'd definitely take you up on that offer, but I'm trying to lessen my collection of plants that need more-than-average attention to make it easier for those who are looking after them. It's very tempting though...how much are they?

Really? Well damn, they don't look anything like any of my Loph seedlings, nor any I've ever seen pictures of. They are just so spiny. Are you sure you couldn't have mixed them up with some Trichocereus seeds?

i payed $60 each for my two but he had one a bit smaller for $50 not sure if he still has it ,never had any trich seeds to mix them up with, here is my grafted loph from those seedlings

P1180656.jpg

I'll give it a miss, cheers for the offer though.

That is very weird. Not a single one of mine look anything like that. They just look like miniature Lophs. It'll be interesting to see how yours turn out.

Edited by tripsis

mushroomman, I love the L. jourdanianus, such pretty plants. And tripsis is right, those aren't Lophophora seedlings. I think you might have labeled a photo wrong or something, as those look like any random Trichocereus seedling I have ever seen and not like one L. williamsii seed.

~Michael~

but i have never had any trich seeds or grown trichs from seeds , the only cacti seeds i have ever had are seeds collected off my large lophophora plants will post some more pics of them

regards jordan

There is no way in hell those are loph seedlings.

if anyone here is realy good at grafting to pereskiopsis i will happyly send them a couple seedlings to graft just to see how they turn out as i havent had much luck grafting seedlings only got the one in pic so far

There is no way in hell those are loph seedlings.

would there be any chance they could have crossed with my mammilaria ?

would there be any chance they could have crossed with my mammilaria ?

post-4860-126575851585_thumb.jpg

L. Williamsii seedlings planted 30th june 2009.

you must have mixed up the labeling or stored yours wrong.

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

here are some more pics of the same seedlings and grafted seedlings

1 week old

P7220233.jpg

2 week old seedlings grafted

P8070325.jpg

the only one that took now

P1180656.jpg

same seedlings but one that poped up a couple months after the rest did

P1220728.jpg

The one in the centre down the bottom is a Lophophora for sure.

post-4860-126575851585_thumb.jpg

L. Williamsii seedlings planted 30th june 2009.

you must have mixed up the labeling or stored yours wrong.

but as i have said befor i havent had any other seeds to mix them up with the only seeds i collect from my plants are lophophora seeds and no one has ever sent me any other cacti seeds other than ariocarpus seeds ahd those seedlings look nothing like these

these seedlings looked like the seedling in the center of my last pic when i had them growing under lights but once i moved them out under natural light they started growing these long spines but the one in the center didnt sprout till they got moved outside there is also another small one at the base of the spiney one to the left of it

maybe the Trichocereus fairy came and sprinkled them in your mix lol :P,because they absolutely look like trichs seedlings ...except that one which is a loph...how perplexing

maybe the Trichocereus fairy came and sprinkled them in your mix lol :P,because they absolutely look like trichs seedlings ...except that one which is a loph...how perplexing

lol starting to look that way i'll try and graft a couple but prob wont have any luck

The one in the centre down the bottom is a Lophophora for sure

There is also one to the left hiding at the base of one of the tricho seedlings plus there is a dead flying insect there aswell.

Where did you get the seeds may i ask?

just made 3 grafts ,i will post some pics if they take

it will be interesting to see what they are because if there not lophs, i dont know how they got in my loph seed container and where the fuck all my loph seeds went lol, beacuse i'v collected a 100+ seeds off my lophs over the last couple of years and never had any of my other cacti put out any fruit.

here is another one that was grafted from the same seedlings 6 months ago that i regrafted last week because it had only grown about 3mm in the last 6months

P1180663.jpg

sounds like someones done a switcharoony on ya seeds :blink:

There is also one to the left hiding at the base of one of the tricho seedlings plus there is a dead flying insect there aswell.

wow good spotting PD, lol @ the insect too Edited by blowng

sounds like someones done a switcharoony on ya seeds

I was thinking the exact same thing.

If you've ever showed off your seeds to someone... then this is a distinct possibility. :o

Looks to me that there's two different species in there.

The loph's will not have any hard spines. take a pencil and brush up against one

with it, if it bends along the length... you're ok

if the taller ones don't bend along the length but at the base

then you've got another species. Perhaps even a trich sp.

What everyone else said - someone's swapped your loph seed for trich seed

What everyone else said - someone's swapped your loph seed for trich seed

yeah ,im thinking the same thing now but i dont think they are trichs ,the couple i grafted must have been lucky picks then, because both that have taken are lophs and they all looked the same when i grafted them ,lol

updates of grafted loph in the last pic :)

P2040754.jpg

P2040756.jpg