The Corroboree
faustus

OTC codeine to become schedule 3

What's 5 days supply? If you're meant to take 8 per day maximum so that's 40.. Which is less than a box of 48.. So 24 boxes will be the max?

Pain in the ass. I like to be able to buy the 96 packs simply because it's so much cheaper and they last forever :(

bitenails.gif....oh no I've been dreading and looking forward to this day coming.

one of the good things about our system is authorities.these allow the supply of one months drug for one cost.eg 3 packs of codeine for $5.20 if a pensioner.so now increased costs for the chronically ill?

t s t .

The rescheduled analgesics will contain up to 12mg

codeine per tablet, for a total dose of 24mg.

Therapeutic Guidelines recommends that 25-30 mg

codeine is required for effective pain relief.4 And up to

10% of patients will have no response at all due to

their inability to metabolise codeine to morphine.

I remember when panadeines were 8mg per tablet, so total dose from 2 tablets 16mg. If 25-30mg is required for effective pain relief than their pain killing effects were likely just placebo other than from paracetamol. Suppose the same is true of today's 20mg per dose too.

(I just realised they're talking about codeine, not codeine phosphate, so even today's panadeines are placebo.Only the panadeine-15-extra has theraputic pain relief

Edited by blog

bitenails.gif....oh no I've been dreading and looking forward to this day coming.

!

!

I have a long term addiction to these pills so taking them away will increase my chances of quitting, but I'm not looking forward to quitting if you know what I mean.

I have a long term addiction to these pills so taking them away will increase my chances of quitting, but I'm not looking forward to quitting if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean

I have never liked ibuprfofen so it is paracetamol one's for me

Much better with it now but I do think that I have done some long term damage along the way.

I know exactly what you mean

I have never liked ibuprfofen so it is paracetamol one's for me

Much better with it now but I do think that I have done some long term damage along the way.

What sort of damage do you believe you've done?

I can think of hearing loss and liver damage. Is there something else you suspect could have been the result of

panadeine over-use?

Edited by blog

What sort of damage do you believe you've done?

I can think of hearing loss and liver damage. Is there something else you suspect could have been the result of

panadeine over-use?

I find it interesting how Pharmacists treat rikodeine as heroin if you try to buy it and yet have no problems selling 1000mg codeine via 100tabs of panadeine. Obviously rikodeine only has 1 active ingredient, that being codeine (dihydrocodeine tartrate) but even with a large bottle it' still only 380mg, and costs twice as much. If you did have a codeine habit it would seem obvious you'd choose the panadeine.

I assume they assess abuse potential based on product as sold, and not the possiblity of filtration to a more pure product. So the assumption is a person could drink a full bottle of rikodeine to get a high, but a person who abuses panadeine may only take 10 at a time, owing to the large amount of paracetmaol. So 380mg V 100mg making rikodeine the higher abuse potential. It's flawed thinking.

I have suspected but am not sure that I have intestinal problems from taking the paracetamol and codeine tablets. Combined with fairly regular drinking. Not sure if gall bladder has been affected.

I don't have any real evidence, just that the issues and the use are over a similar time period.

And my kidneys and liver are sensitive!

I have found no evidence of intestinal probs and paracetamol (codeine?) but maybe it is a combination of both.