The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
luciddreamer

Absinthe

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

Just wondering if anyone has bought the Absinthe oil from the Shaman Australis shop. Absinthe concentrate "la Fée".

Is it any good? Is it better than the Doubs absinthe that you can buy at liquor stores?

I know it doesn't make you hallucinate and never did but I'm just talking about taste.

Thanks,

Peace.

Edited by luciddreamer

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this.

Just wondering if anyone has bought the Absinthe oil from the Shaman Australis shop. Absinthe concentrate "la Fée".

Is it any good? Is it better than the Doubs absinthe that you can buy at liquor stores?

I know it doesn't make you hallucinate and never did but I'm just talking about taste.

Thanks,

Peace.

i made up a batch recently with another members home brew 80%

i didn't mind it to tell the truth, though it kinda tastes like perfume... it has quite a unique flavor which really sticks in your mind for a long time after you over do it.. kind of like when i now smell Jack daniels it's so distinctive i get instant flash backs of young debauchery & sickness.

it's not so bad, but if i was making it i'd play around with the essential oil ratio's a little try to take the edge off the perfumey flavor & perhaps accentuate the anise a touch..

Hmmm ok interesting. All I know is it's a lot cheaper compared to Doubs which was like $70 if I remember correctly.

But if this Oil doesn't have the strong Aniseed flavour it might not be worth it.

Thanks for that.

I was also wanting to know what people thought about "la fee" as well. I am actually growing "absinthe" at the moment. If you are prepared to spend the time growing, distilling your own product then you can save money and know exactly what you are getting, provided you have plenty of patience.

lol, you can buy anise oil for a few cents a bottle. la fee is 50% wormwood oil. that's the hard [and expensive] part to get. how about you pay me the same price for some bottles of pure anise oil then ;)

the reason why la fee doesn't taste like commercial australian absinthe is because if it did it would be illegal as it would be over the legal limit of thujone. what you folks are buying at the bottle shop is overpriced and overproof Pernod.

this is kinda like someone requesting truffle oil that doesn't taste like truffles ;)