The Corroboree
ferret

Acacia obtusifolia cutting

i wonder if the use of a fungicide and/or a non-organic planting medium would help with the die-back of the base of the cutting,?

I was actually going to try a straight fine perlite medium for my next attempt, topped with sharp sand to try and keep the gnats out. :) I have a couple of other cuttings done like this that were having the calus chewed away by gnats, see what happens in a couple of weeks.

I remember reading in a thread here that obtusi showed sensitivity to copper. So copperoxychloride would be a no go. Shame as it was prolly best suited to the task.

Thread is HERE.

Does the age of the plant matter? I'm super keen to try some but want to wait til the plants are established.

I've got some in the post but won't touch them til they're established in the ground. As soon as they are though I want to

take some cuttings. Obviously I am germinating seeds but would like to give this a go. Cuttings that are successful

may end up being a way to multiply the mature plants faster. These plants are beautiful, I'd love to set up an arboretum if

I had the room. Not sure if that's the name but basically a library of Acacia genetics, in situ and ex situ.

Acacia's are amazing, wood, food, tools etc.