The Corroboree
klip247

Importation of Coca Leaf Tea

love your work torsten :) straight up.

there is no allowable cocaine content for any food product in australia. basically, if they can measure it then it is illegal. with GC/MS this means even your pee 2 weeks after drinking the last cup of that tea would still be a prohibited import ;)

Hi

Where did u get this information from?

thanks

You can import all the cocaine you want, just have a license to do so, or be ballsy enough to try and get away with it. The government is placing more and more restrictions on cold and flu / headache medicine, of course they are going to make sure no coca leaf (cocainzed) is allowed in.

Have a read of this, do a search for "cocaine".

health.gov.au

Ask yourself this - Can I have fun with it? -> If the answer is "Yes", then it is probably banned or restricted.

Hi

Where did u get this information from?

thanks

A combination of the australian food standards code, discussions with the TGA, and legal wranglings with customs.

Would they then weigh you and charge your entire body weight as cocaine? :rolleyes:

FYI their ( andess ) Maca powder is absolutely delicious!

FYI their ( andess ) Maca powder is absolutely delicious!

...and the mate de coca is a nice start to the day :) decocainised or not, its quite stimulating

i don't see how that Delisse tea can be decocainised.

i've tried it, & it definitely gives you a buzz.

apparently customs has stopped an importation going to one ov those stores & sent material for testing, though allegedly the guy importing the stuff is relatively unconcerned...so maybe it is decocainised... :scratchhead:

I wonder what gives it the buzz then?

The buzz could be a type of placebo effect, you're expecting a buzz so that is what you get. There are other substances in coca leaves that give the body a pick-me-up similar to caffeine, but much less so than cocaine. Ecgonine is another substance that is in coca leaves and you guessed it - banned.

The law is pretty clear when it states that no cocaine is allowed-period - unless you have legal permission to import. Therefore the leaves are decocainised or this dude is going to jail.

I'd find it surprising if it was decocainised, I drank plenty of it in the Andes and it takes the edge of altitude sickness and brings on a mild clear buzz... much weaker than chewing a big quid of leaves but more palatable to some.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone actually having charges pressed because of importing coca leaf tea?

I haven't.

Julian.

mmmm mate

edited due to minus

Edited by Quilliam

There is definately a "buzz" associated with the delisse product and mouth goes pretty numb, the "buzz" is probably a little bit more intense than a regular coffee if enough is chewed. Although to be honest.. unless your doing some physical effort or at high altitude its not really much good other than making you feel restless and somewhat stimulated (for a short period), note; im referring to the chewing method here.

Im not saying coffee is better for you... all im saying is it's cheaper, easier to find, and wakes you up when you need it, coca is harder to find.. has an illegal status... expensive... the "buzz" is not far off from coffee, sure its different as it feels less murky but at what cost?

Edited by klip247

Doesn't taste too bad, nil effects of any kind that I can feel...prolly make a better substrate mixture for shrooms than tea IMO... B)

mate de coca? does it have yerba mate in it? sounds like it does. definite buzz from mate. mmmm mate

'mate de coca' is the label on the pack - I thought it translated to 'coca tea', but could well refer to yerba mate. doesn't have an ingredients list, just nutritional info. i wonder..

yerba mate and mate de coca are def not the same thing

Delisse is def not decocanised completely

Mate just means 'cup' or something similar - hence the term Yerba Mate for Ilex paraguaensis, which simply means herb of the cup - in Spanish yerba mate is not shortened to mate, it's shortened to yerba. In South America all herbal teas are called mates, so you get Mate de Menta (mint), mate de cedron (lemon verbena) and Mate de Coca - coca tea.

• Like 1

cheers occidentalis. informative

Another thing is you can drink and chew as much coca as you want its not going to do anything with out a catalyst to bring out the alkaloids in it,

we had some when hikin in peru and you chew a mass ball in the side of your cheek, then add a pinch of this herb/ash mix after its all mushed up and gives u a bit of a numb and a bit of a buzz, helps people with exaustion and altitude

but the tea still tastes nice and is good for digestion aparently...

and yeah i brought back coca tea, no problems

Another thing is you can drink and chew as much coca as you want its not going to do anything with out a catalyst to bring out the alkaloids in it,

not true. efficiency may be different but it most definiately still works with just homegrown saliva.

when a bag the size of your head cost a few soles i nevered bothered with adding stuff to enhance it. a comited chewer can get quite good levels of stimulation from pure leaf.

Coffee is a very unhealthy, inelegeant stimulant compared to chewing coca I think.

Chewing coca I think has health giving properties... it can be addictive... but so can drinking coffee be!

Only purified cocaine, and all the associated impurities is likely to be bad for your health.

Julian.

Coca has been used by man for thousands of years and has proven to be totally safe. Coffee has been a drink for centuries as well. Both become more "toxic" when man gets involved. Personally I see coffee as a bit more civilized, I'm not a fan of spitting.

You can purchase coca tea blends and many other exotic herbal teas such as Cats claw, Pau D, Arco, Yerba Mate, Graviola, Yacon tea, purple corn drink all imported from Peru at shop 7 90 mount St North Sydney. You can also order online at www.andess.com.au[/color][/url]. Pls spread the word for those that might be interested in such products. Thank You

spamtastic!!

we allow commercial advertising as long as it is on topic. the member has been spoken to about cross posting it and has apologised and refrained from doing it again.

apparently customs has stopped an importation going to one ov those stores & sent material for testing, though allegedly the guy importing the stuff is relatively unconcerned...so maybe it is decocainised... :scratchhead:

i heard yesterday that the importer was sent a standard letter saying the material could be returned to the sender or destroyed, & apparently that was the end of the matter, no prosecution for importing prohibited material etc.