The Corroboree
klip247

Importation of Coca Leaf Tea

Hi this is my first post here :D

I have recently stumbled upon some overseas vendors selling Coca Leaf and Coca Leaf tea, I contacted them about whether or not they have sent those specific products here to Australia and whether they passed through customs, they said yes to both. Now im not entirely convinced so I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has either attempted to import some of this tea or even the leaf material and whether you ran into any problems with customs or not.

Any information appreciated!

100% entirely illegal

If customs find it, expect a knock at ur door.

Peace

N

Really!

Well in that case im not going to attempt ordering any coca products from Peru. Thanks for the advice mate.

Technically illegal, but often allowed through. I know two people who have done it several times. One was sent a peice of paper saying what can and can't be imported accompanying the tea, but they still got the tea. Some friends also brought it in with them after they went to Ecuador and they had no issues at customs.

tripsis, that piec eof paper would have been from quarantine, NOT customs. quarantine are the ones that tell you what herbs you can't import. customs are the ones that ruin your life with federal drug charges.

That's interesting. So they are mutually exclusive entities then? I would have expected that quarantine would know that coca leaves are illegal to import, but they let them through. I'll ask my friends that physically brought coca tea back from Ecuador whether customs actually checked that they had the tea or not.

With an order I placed a few months ago, the seller threw a few tea bags in without having asked for it. Had to email them later to figure out what it actually was :)

Anyway, customs opened and inspected the content and didn't remove anything. Didn't get a knock on the door either but then, it wasn't declared as to what it really was.

Thats the last thing id want.. to get a knock on the door and charged for trying to import an illegal substance.. a highly illegal one at that. It's definately not worth the hassle. Unless someone has actually consistently imported these things in and has had no trouble with either customs or quarantine after them being checked then I wont touch this with any 10foot pole.

Also it would seem rather illogical that quarantine wont inform the proper authorities about an illegal substance going through their hands. I would suspect if a gun would pass through customs somehow and quarantine would get their hands on it they would inform the proper authorities due to logic and reasoning, even if it did pass the quarantine.

Edited by klip247

Well I once met a clever gnome who had no probs bringing in enough to extract 8 pure little thingies.

Gave me a few tea bags....Inka Tea www.inkatea.com

Tastes like shite and gives this hardhead no effects....having said that,and motivated by this thread,im just sipping a brew now to double check.

Two things:

If it's illegal as either a carrier or as specifically listed botanical item

it's still a risk that you don't really want to be on the losing side of.

second, if they're overlooking it and letting some in (please go back to my first point)

Either way, their looking the other way will stop when people start ordering it and more comes into the country

and especially if they start posting discussions in drug forums.

Double especially if it's being mentioned as being used in illegal extractions to create an addictive substance.

That completely crosses the line from a item from someone ordering innocently

to someone with knowledge performing illegal activities. :slap:

Edited by Flip

I agree with Flip.

Post such as colhawk's are very inappropriate IMO. What good is going to come from that post?

Really!

Well in that case im not going to attempt ordering any coca products from Peru. Thanks for the advice mate.

Edited by kerryurut

Well I once met a clever gnome who had no probs bringing in enough to extract 8 pure little thingies.

Gave me a few tea bags....Inka Tea www.inkatea.com

Tastes like shite and gives this hardhead no effects....having said that,and motivated by this thread,im just sipping a brew now to double check.

Edited by kerryurut

Hi this is my first post here :D

I have recently stumbled upon some overseas vendors selling Coca Leaf and Coca Leaf tea, I contacted them about whether or not they have sent those specific products here to Australia and whether they passed through customs, they said yes to both. Now im not entirely convinced so I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has either attempted to import some of this tea or even the leaf material and whether you ran into any problems with customs or not.

Any information appreciated!

You can purchase coca tea blends and many other exotic herbal teas such as Cats claw, Pau D, Arco, Yerba Mate, Graviola, Yacon tea, purple corn drink all imported from Peru at shop 7 90 mount St North Sydney. You can also order online at www.andess.com.au. Pls spread the word for those that might be interested in such products. Thank You

Edited by kerryurut

^^^ Has anybody ordered from there before with no problems from da fuzz? PM-ing me is fine.

i have bought the tea bags from the above post and never had probs. very quick delivery and very good product.

DONT YOU GUYS GO BUY ALL THIS GUYS PRODUCT OUT!!! LOL

I read that the brand of tea's listed on that website are de-cocainised anyway. Not to deter anyone, they're still delicious I imagine.

Available on ebay all the time too, from Sydney seller, no need to import.

I read that the brand of tea's listed on that website are de-cocainised anyway

Where did you read that?

dont know about the de-coc thing, but couple of tweaks here and there and a bit more horse power can be produced.

great for the digestive system.

and if your getting high all the time, its great for altitude sickness!!

Where did you read that?

Online somewhere, can't remember exactly where, it was a while ago, shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm sure even decocainised tea has still has some cocaine in it, just as decaffeinated tea/coffee still has some caffeine in it.

But hopefully what I read was wrong.

It is deemed "decocanised" when there is 0.5% or less cocaine present in the product. Either way that product from the website is decent quality, nice flavour.

Alright, it is decocainised then. I researched it and found that Delisse has 0.2% cocaine in it.

It is deemed "decocanised" when there is 0.5% or less cocaine present in the product. Either way that product from the website is decent quality, nice flavour.

What is your source on allowable % content. I know that Coca-cola had this issue, but they had to make sure Coke was 100% de-cocanised.

there is no allowable cocaine content for any food product in australia. basically, if they can measure it then it is illegal. with GC/MS this means even your pee 2 weeks after drinking the last cup of that tea would still be a prohibited import ;)