The Corroboree
BlackDragon

First Bruce flowering!!

Hey hey.

I updated the Oz clone thread this morning with an unopened Bruce flower.

gallery_1274_18_183792.jpg

My little crazy dog was barking like mad tonight, so i wen tout to see what was up. I found my little mate barking at Bruce!! I could smell the sweet slight citrus aroma as i got near...

Look at the lovely show...

gallery_1274_18_91584.jpg

gallery_1274_18_34165.jpg

gallery_1274_18_39024.jpg

I have collected pollen, apparently M&D is open tonight, such perfect timing, hopefully they both are still receptive tomorrow night!

:)

Bd

• Like 1

:drool2: :drool2: :drool2: nice one bruce

Edited by blowng

Actually I think Micro got lucky last year and made a X & spread the seeds round. Can't recall with what.

Tonight's the night here, every Trich with flowers is going to bloom I'd say.

AWESOME!!!

kickarse BD, that's a purdy flower.

Do you think the nutrient deficiency had a fairly strong influence on the colour of the outer waxy bracts of the flower?

It looks much lighter than Psycho0 which from my experience has had a more pronounced dark red/purple/black dominant colour.

It may be nutrient as the bruce flower highly compliments the stock colour in the photo; i'd love to see it in full health and flowering, looking forward to it :worship:

Do you think he might smell a little different from your other bridge experiences? the sweet citrus hit it smack on, but any subtle differences you reckon?

thanks for sharing, good luck with the X's.

kickarse BD, that's a purdy flower.

Do you think the nutrient deficiency had a fairly strong influence on the colour of the outer waxy bracts of the flower?

It looks much lighter than Psycho0 which from my experience has had a more pronounced dark red/purple/black dominant colour.

It may be nutrient as the bruce flower highly compliments the stock colour in the photo; i'd love to see it in full health and flowering, looking forward to it :worship:

Do you think he might smell a little different from your other bridge experiences? the sweet citrus hit it smack on, but any subtle differences you reckon?

thanks for sharing, good luck with the X's.

Nute deficiency could cause some colour difference. I have never really let Bruce go this far without food.. or water. Im even scared to pump him full of water in case that causes him to drop the fruit. Its tough to see your fave cactus looking so sickly.. but it may be for the better. I have no idea if this is why he decided to flower this year, or if it was climatic conditions.

The flower fully closed today, spewing. Normally for me they stay semi closed for the next day and usually have one more night in full bloom. Looks like this bridgesii may only be a one nighter. So, today i got fresh M&D pollen, and forced open the tight flower, and impregnated the flower. Hopefully this works! fingers crossed!! so nervous!!

I honestly haven't smelled any other bridge flowers, so cant really say. To me it was like jasmine, blood orange flowers and some other soo sweeeet smell. Divine.

Thanks everyone, im proud to be able to show the pics to you all,

Strangey, Enjoy your floral spectacular tonight.. inhale deeply my friend! :)

Edited by BlackDragon

So you can't feed or water during fruit development?

Hey black dragon.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of Mum n Dd flowering?

I got some cuts a couple years ago from you,but it will still be a few years before they flower.

the Bruce flower is very pretty.

I have one of them in the ground too.It's a very vigorous plant.

Heya all.

Well this arvo i noticed that the Bruce flower had aborted. Spewin! Ah well, maybe next time. I hope some bird didnt decide to sit on it or something, cause i cant remember if they normally drop quite this early. Im disappointed as you can imagine, but im happy to be able to view and inhale the sweet perfume for the first time...

Osprey,

I dont have any photos of the M&D flowers sorry, maybe someone else here can may have taken some pics.. Ill ask around.