The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
geezer0

Calea zacatechichi

Hey people wanted to take some cuttings anyone know the best way and how long to take root etc

Cheers

G

Mine sent off a clone already, after about two weeks, so I would say within a two weeks in a good coir mix. It was a rooted plant from shamans, but you know they seem to grow very fast and root well.

By clone i should say that it seem to have another shoot at the base already, and when i broke a leaf off it smelt like calea, cause i am not sure whether they actually clone or not.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

they root fine in just good cactus mix. yeah they like to grow from the base. mines shot 3 new shoots from the base this summer.

So you just cut one of the shots that are at the base and plant in catus mix?

How long do they take to root?

cheers

Edited by geezer0

If the shoot has a little root on it you will greatly increaseyour chances of strike.

Calea responds well to layering, so bury a few of the lower branches, but not the tips. Keep the ground moist and in a month or two you will have a heaps of plants.

Piss easy to propagate... read my reply on the Catha thread and pretty well do the same. The prop methods I use are adapted from nursery techniques.

Hey everyone I'm new around here, thought I ask my question here rather then open a new thread about it, I'm an experienced cannabis grower and I'm now taking an interest in Calea Zacatechichi, I searched around but I couldn't really find lots of info on growing it, is it really just pretty much throwing it in my room and giving it water?

likes plenty of water, filtered sunlight, plenty of fert, and a warm environment.

Edited by incognito

It will be fine under lights in your grow room. Once it starts getting bushy you'll want to harvest quite frequently as it will start to take up a lot of space, quite a vigorous plant once they get going.

And welcome :)

Thanks for the replies, now I've got a few more :), I found this at wikipedia

"Propagation from seeds can be tried with the following method: Sow the seeds in a pot with the soil mix indicated as above [1/3 of a rich substrate, 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 of humus or a light garden soil]. Don't cover the seeds, moisten the seeds with water and cover with a plastic bag. This little greenhouse needs from 4 to 6 hours of light to germinate. If the seeds dry out during this period, the plants will not germinate."
What I don't understand though is do I need to put them in the light for 4-6 hours a day until they sprout? or expect that they will sprout after 4-6 hours of light?

I was also wondering about mixing cannabis and calea, anyone tried? anything I should know before trying? I've actually never used calea but I found that using certain strains of cannabis before going to sleep enhances my dreams, so I thought a very nice effect could be reached by mixing the two.

I need a Calea plant, can anybody send me one?

I need a Calea plant, can anybody send me one?

dude there would be a billion of them in americah.

try a local ethno supplier.