The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

Looking for...

NR

Edited by dworx

Feral humans again? I heard there was type of magick locusts you could use to get rid of em...will that halp?

Probably, though ideally I was hoping for get some Dragibus growing as I think it controls them much better. Or a shotgun with spice in the shots, aimed for the face.

NR

Edited by dworx

thanks mate but another member has been generous and given me some :) Keep the generosity up people!!

I am curious what pests do tobacco (rustica) keep away?

Sharx- rustica spray will kill most bugs on your plants, if not all. This is not an ideal soltuion however as the rustica will kill all your predators as well. If you've got a heavy infestation of anything (which means the good bugs are being lazy anyway) and you really want to save your plants then rustica spray is the go.

to make some up grab a leaf or two, chop up and let it sit in some hot water overnight. Strain the leaves out, being careful not to get any fluid on your skin, put in a spray bottle and off you go. When i;ve used it i've added a little natural soap to make it a little 'sticky'. Best to use the mix fresh as it goes off quickly i'd imagine. Probably be a good idea to wash veges before you eat them if you've sprayed them in the last week or so. If you plant a few rusticas they'll self seed and you'll always have pesticide on hand.

I was reading about this stuff called BLACKLEAF40 which is 40% nicotine sulfate. Apparently the bugs haven't built any tolerance to it in 40-50 years of continous use. I read this on one website so it may not be true however whenever i've used it its worked a charm.

N.rustica is a general insecticide as nicotine is very toxic to insects.

IME it eve works with mites, also mealy... even ants don't like it [i used to spray along their pathway so they had to change route - but it doesn't kill ants. I hadn't sowed any this year and I regreted it.

As a repellent it must work with a lot of bugs. If one's working with organic reppelents reports say it pays to use different ways or change them so as the populations don't develop immunity.

I am somewhat jealous of ozzie ethnoCommunity. Sometimes I wanna offer what you ask {I got tons of rustica seed or graft stock especially pereskiopsis] and other times I wanna get something you offer. Especially the notorius Phycho or Eileen

Hey EvilGenius isn't there a european ethno trading network? :rolleyes: