The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

NSW camping trip

Edited by lsdreamz

You want photos of kids?

ehhhh..!!

dreamz me ol' mucker, why are you still ere...shouldn't you be out there by now enjoying the camp, like I wish I was doing right now....dance.gif

Edited by lsdreamz

What a great camp!

What Id like to report is the respect this group of strangers had for each other.

People done what they wanted ,no judging or complaining.

So refreshing to meet new people and have none of the dreary cliched banter....what do you do?what footy team do you go for...

No talk of politics,religion,salary caps etc ..

Just people enjoying The Moment...and boy was the moment good,

The forest shared her secrets,the moon hung overhead watching with approval.

The fire giving warmth to some very happy campers.

Once again,great to meet you,only had time to connect with a few of you.

Most of the time my head was in forest....and lots of other places.

Will make a few more connections next year.

Cheers.

Edited by colhawk

i'm with you col. was a great camp. shame i could only attend one night as things looked like they were just getting started. thanks for cooking those lactarius in the morning. delicious!!!!

lovely to meet the new people and lovely to see some old friends.

wasn't as cold as last year and there noticeably less amanitas and lactarius. probably due to the warm weather we've been having.

can't wait to hear what went down saturday night.

peace.

Exactly what I needed. As Holymountain said, good to meet new people and see some old friends.

Fruitful findings and Lactarius breakfasts. Late night chemistry talks and watching the awe filled expressions on peoples faces from first spicacious experiences.

To those who couldn't make it due to various commitments - you were all missed.

Thanks to everybody for the good times.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

Fun stuff! Nice to meet a lot of you guys. You're all awesome :)

Wow is pretty much all I can say. It was great just to meet some like-minded people and the setting couldn't have been much better I don't think :). It was pretty cold but the layers and sleeping bag held through!

Have made a lot of contacts in Canberra as a result of this meet and we have decided to meet up regularly.

Going next time for sure!

Taylor

Massive props to all for continuing the tradition of Oberon madness.

As per usual, the company was superb and the setting spectacular. It was good to meet some new faces and catch up with old friends. To those familiars who couldn't make it, you were sorely missed.

Til next time,

:wub:

I wish I was the first to report back and had a chance to say all the lovely things you guys already have.

But I won't repeat what has already been said.

I couldn't agree more...

Thanks guys...

:wub:

:worship:

Such a diverse range of people and knowledge, it's awesome how well we all get along. Waiting another full year seems far too far away!

This guy's expression may mean different things to different people... :unsure:

post-4406-127279824926_thumb.jpg

:drool2:

:wink:

^ If you'll excuse me, I've got a mattress to inflate. :bootyshake:

Glad it all went okay guys sounds like y'all had fun...great that it was a positive atmosphere and people getting along..

next year ey..!

also i cannot wait to try the bread filter tek when i get a chance. looked like it was a very efficient and effective method. probably the best one i've ever seen.

Yeah the bread filter tek is definitely very useful. Someone needs to write it up I believe. Genius. Sheer genius.

I must say that last weekend is one of the most enlightening experiences I have ever had in my life. I am still smiling about it now :)

I met some amazing people who were so welcoming and accepting of a newish member like myself that it really made me feel good inside. Additionally the good vibe has inspired me to attend more meet ups and maybe even pursue further studies.

I just want to say a big thankyou to everyone for being so damn cool to each other all weekend. People being so understanding of each other unfortunately rarely happens in the world I live in, but I am keen to start to change that now.

Also thanks for the kind words about the Bread Filter tek, I am happy that my ideas have helped to further the field of science ;)

i wanna say big ups to the guys who kept giving me the salt and pepper. geez he was a nice guy. shit memory and cant remember names, but was such a relaxing weekend, so needed it! everyone was just so darn...nice :) such great conversations:) so good just to yarn with people and not just about plant stuff. i really love the 'everyday people' thing that is the oberon camp, id say its my favorite event on the ethno calander, really lookin forward to next years, infact may venture further into the forest for a few camps over thet couple of weekends.

hopefully we can do it all next year, however a new spot is called for, those high pitched motorbikes where doing my head in sunday morning.

glad i made it there after the debacle that was my first attempt, though needed that debacle to clear my head of work related issues so i could properly work with the lactarius hehe.

mmmm lactarius deliciosus :)

anyhoo i would just like to thank everyone for sharing theiir time, thoughts, opinions and storys. you are all very beautiful people and i am very thankful that it was with you that i could share my weekend.

many thanks, and big love. xxoo

infact may venture further into the forest for a few camps over thet couple of weekends.

Let me know if you do as I am really keen to do some more camping, I'll have to get some new boots first though :)

Let me know if you do as I am really keen to do some more camping, I'll have to get some new boots first though :)

hahah I just realized who you are bread filter...sweeeet, yeah man hook up with incog he's cool as for camps and trekking, perhaps I'll get back out waith ya again soon bro, just tryin to squeeze an ethno life in between a normal life lately is a little tricky n all.

bread filter..heheheh cool name bro... :lol:

I'll have to get some new boots first though

bwaaa harr harr! that was classic!!

glad im not the only man who sets his boots on fire at oberon camps!

u should come more often, u take the heat of me :)

was great meeting and chatting with u bread filter :)

btw does anyone remember the name of the lady that was there that does plant illustrations? im very interested in getting in contact with some ideas for a tattoo, hoping she would be willing to design (for cash or plants of course)

umm she was wearing an alice cooper shirt. if anyone can help would be appreciated.

btw does anyone remember the name of the lady that was there that does plant illustrations? im very interested in getting in contact with some ideas for a tattoo, hoping she would be willing to design (for cash or plants of course)

umm she was wearing an alice cooper shirt. if anyone can help would be appreciated.

Tash, I'm just waiting for her facebook confirmation then I can forward you her contact. :)

far out..i was calling her rachael :unsure:

far out..i was calling her rachael :unsure:

I wouldn't worry about it. we all met so many new people that weekend its hard to get names right. next time :)

Indigosunrise, could you tell me who you playing on the stereo on Saturday night? You told me at the time but of course I forgot as soon as you turned away. also a special thanks to you and your friends for the entertainment on Friday night. very funny :) I'm going to get myself a doona suit following its success at the camp.