The Corroboree
Atlas

KOG from Nimbin

I have a question that has bugged me for ages, How did KOG get away with 2 years jail for 8000 cannabis seedlings?

I have tried to work this out in several legal ways but cannot work out how he got off so easily.

Not that I'm saying its a bad thing or anything, i think its great.

I know people who have gone to jail for longer for 50 plants.

My conclusion:

He somehow proved they were only for personal use.

First Offence.

He perhaps proved somewhat medicinal use.

He was able to prove that male plants were of no use. (although i doubt this would effect the outcome)

He had a good lawyer.

He proved the lax in nimbin law somehow, although i don't believe it exists exactly.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Also the other question being, KOG made a growers lot (movie) after being in prison stating that all he thought about in prison was growing a better crop.

Which he successfully did, showing his property, his face his name and his crop from seedling to harvest, stating it was for commercial sale purposes.

Being a convicted criminal, the police would have all his details and property address as he stated it was his 5th generation property he was growing on, so why did this not land him back in jail?

It is 100% proven video evidence.

Again I know people who have been charged for driving fast in their cars and putting the video on the net, even without their license plates the cops had convicted them.

I think if we can work out how Kog did this all, it might be handy in the event that a "naughty" plant is ever found in SWIMS/SWIYS possession.

Any comments?

Also the other question being, KOG made a growers lot (movie) after being in prison stating that all he thought about in prison was growing a better crop.

Which he successfully did, showing his property, his face his name and his crop from seedling to harvest, stating it was for commercial sale purposes.

Being a convicted criminal, the police would have all his details and property address as he stated it was his 5th generation property he was growing on, so why did this not land him back in jail?

I often wondered this???? Its a Red Hot DVD. can he argue the dope scenes were filmed prior to jail?????

I remember a Dope Dealer in Dubbo who pretty much had a kiosk running out his front window of his house in a residential area. Funny thing was that everytime there was a bust, the weed that got busted somehow made its way to that kiosk to be sold :unsure:

Definately dont want to start rumors or point fingers but I too wonder how KOG got away with this????

Read the book. I'm pretty sure its in there. Its not like he got off scot free. He'd been in jail for 18 months before hte trial so that counts as 'time-served'.

I think the other reason he got off lightly was because the plants were so small the material was unusable for testing when he requested that they be proven to be cannabis.

Also the commmunity got behind him a fair bit too.

Get the book, its a pretty good story.

I've heard stories of people getting busted and being charged for only a small quantity, when in fact they actually had bulk amounts that went "missing" after the raid.

I also remember a story up at gympie, was in the newspaper about 5-6 years ago cant remember the exact numbers but was some rediculous amount of plants (like 20,000?) a farmer was growing in his paddock "for his cows" and got of with a small fine!!!

Is there any leeway for lesser charges and sentencing with cannabis busts if you can prove that a percentage would have been males...of course this only applies to outdoor or seed raised plants, but I have often wondered if the law is specific in it's rules about the sex of the plant, because when you look at it they always calculate what the crop would be worth on the street when it's finished but surely their calculations are based of mature female plants in head.

If I was hypothetically caught with 50 plants outdoors that were grown from seed, i would be encouraging my lawyer to take the view that any final calculations on street worth are completely inaccurate due the worthlessness of the percentage of potential male plants in the crop, if the point could be argued in court and a ruling found in favour of me then one would think that lesser sentencing would ensue.

I wonder if there is a loop hole just waiting in written law for this argument to be successful.

I would be very surprised if there was a "male" clause written in law. However, a more open minded judge may consider this proposition if they were not 100% anti-drugs. I'm sure there are a handful of them out there, after all, many of them grew up in the sixties, and may have had the occasional toke (but not inhale, of course).

Lets not forget that these weren't like 30cm seedlings or anything, these were tiny so any material on them would have dried and fallen away by the time any real testing was done.

Lets not forget that these weren't like 30cm seedlings or anything, these were tiny so any material on them would have dried and fallen away by the time any real testing was done.

yes but the INTENT..oh the INTENT... :innocent_n:

I'm so sure that word was used heavily in this case.

Read the book. I'm pretty sure its in there. Its not like he got off scot free. He'd been in jail for 18 months before hte trial so that counts as 'time-served'.

I think the other reason he got off lightly was because the plants were so small the material was unusable for testing when he requested that they be proven to be cannabis.

Also the commmunity got behind him a fair bit too.

Get the book, its a pretty good story.

I was going to buy his book but it was like $70 or something, I cant remember the exact price, but it was something ridiculous, saw it in the nimbin hemp embassy.

None of this explains the DVD tho. They definately are not seedlings on the DVD. They are huge fucking crops.

Maybe he had 80,000 plants and the cops said " hey boy, you agree withus on our count, we get 8,000,,,

Yes , yes officer that's what I count too!

LOL

• Like 1

Maybe he had 80,000 plants and the cops said " hey boy, you agree withus on our count, we get 8,000,,,

LOL

We have a weiner!

I have a question that has bugged me for ages, How did KOG get away with 2 years jail for 8000 cannabis seedlings?

I have tried to work this out in several legal ways but cannot work out how he got off so easily.

Not that I'm saying its a bad thing or anything, i think its great.

I know people who have gone to jail for longer for 50 plants.

My conclusion:

He somehow proved they were only for personal use.

First Offence.

He perhaps proved somewhat medicinal use.

He was able to prove that male plants were of no use. (although i doubt this would effect the outcome)

He had a good lawyer.

He proved the lax in nimbin law somehow, although i don't believe it exists exactly.

Anyone have any comments on this?

It is 100% proven video evidence.

Again I know people who have been charged for driving fast in their cars and putting the video on the net, even without their license plates the cops had convicted them.

I think if we can work out how Kog did this all, it might be handy in the event that a "naughty" plant is ever found in SWIMS/SWIYS possession.

Any comments?

job in the system! :) narc! fed!!

The system! :) lol

epic read, i'm glad he bumped it.

• Like 1

They have been known to show leniency under some circumstances.

I knew a bloke who was caught with around 1000 seedlings and he got off with a slap on the wrist.

He told them it was an accidental crop, he had a pineapple tin full of seeds in his combi and the sunroof dripped water into the tin. When he realised that the seeds had germinated he broadcast them into his garden and heaps of them grew.

How KOG got off that wrap makes you wonder though.

Maybe he rolled over on someone bigger than himself ?

job in the system! :) narc! fed!!

The system! :) lol

You may be saying that as a joke.. but it's true.

If you have a government job, especially a nice one you contribute more to society than someone who has a shit job or is unemployed. The loss of an asset to society is taken into account during sentencing. The bigger the loss the less the sentence.

edit: as well as a fuckton of other things too :P

2nd edit: although this isn't SA I thought i'd mention something. in SA in 2009 the law stated it was unlawful to possess DRIED cannabis material. So effectively there were no laws against growing marijuana unless it was dried out. Of course that 'loophole' has been fixed now :(

Edited by Distracted

You may be saying that as a joke.. but it's true.

If you have a government job, especially a nice one you contribute more to society than someone who has a shit job or is unemployed. The loss of an asset to society is taken into account during sentencing. The bigger the loss the less the sentence.

ThiS! if you regulary give blood, are a member of SES or some other community, a sports star, high ranking professional travelling overseas and contributing to our economy or society, and are held in esteem by known members of the community, then a first offence will always go down well....but.....80000 plants

LOL

I rekon this is somewhat how it went down lol!