The Corroboree
Slybacon

Banned Books

there have been some pretty fucking insane claims here, any sites (preferably gov sites) that back this up? i know i am rather ignorant about australia but i am honestly SHOCKED that could be happening. make china and the states look free again....but i am still skeptical, which gov sites discuss all these banned items and cases etc?

what i dont get is, if this is all true, you guys dont seem that upset. that stuff is seriously crazy world domination type shit.

guess AUS gov is a little more than just an old fashioned bigot regime.

Edited by kadakuda

Man, we don't seem to happy about it either. There are definitely banned books. As far as encryption programs there are only a few commercially available.

Our Govt sure doesn't like you to keep secrets. Students are getting numbered soon. How long before they are micro chipped.

We live in a country where our GOVT can directly access your bank account and pay. They can instruct your bank to pay your "debt" or just intruct your employer to give the money you would be paid straight to them. Australians are bunch a Naive fucking bogans who need to wake up. I can see everybody starting to catch on but its getting too late.

When i have time i can supply some links however there is plenty scattered around this forum.

That's exactly what the government has been aiming for by putting this whole censorship deal under the guise on protecting kids from paedophiles. Anyone that speaks up against it is then suddenly defending the paedos, something which no one would want. It's both cunning and sickening.

Yep, just like the NT intervention, they used that issue, to stop a backlash for passing laws so they could bypass the discrimination act. They also tried to do the same thing with the boat people, 'children overboard'! Can you imagine what rupert murdoch (news corp) would be telling us as fact, about what these evil refugees do to there kids, if howard had of gotten away with that shit?

There are (in my opinion) a few main reasons why australians don't really care about there rights and the main reason is RUPERT MURDOCH! Our media is one big political head fuck, even on the net there's really only a couple of australian news sites that let the public comment on news stories (mostly local news) and even when they do let people comment, it's heavily regulated. So most Australians only ever get a one sided politically motivated story.

The other reason is because australians are mostly fat little self indulged pigs. We don't have any working class poverty, or any real dangerous areas and mostly everyones wallets are fat so no one really cares less about politics.

It's the same everywhere, look at the US a few years ago they were doing pretty good, so the majority of them just let the government do what they wanted, then out of no where there wallets started getting light, so they started paying attention to politics, elected a president that has the slightest respect for human rights and now there on the verge of legalizing herb.

If you want people to care and start thinking for themselves, take there money away!

I know this may upset some people, but, I was told by a friend a long time ago that Bryant was innocent of the port Arthur massacre. She had heard police recordings that the police had of people in the fire zone saying men in black were shooting people. Recently I looked into her claims, YouTUBE is rife with this stuff and this is one of the so called conspiracies. Their is a police tape and Bryant is talking to them and in the background you can hear a gunshot, he was on his home phone I think and the gunfire sounded distant. The Government Barry Unsworth NSW Prem only a little while before this had stated "Their will never be uniform gunlaws in Oz until we see a massacre in Tasmania???" or similar words. Bryant also says on the phone that he [one of the shooters] is taking out his own man and surely people when told two unknown gun men were found dead can peice this together. Bryant never had a real trial and he never pleaded guilty because there was no trial.....

^^^^ Thats pretty hardcore. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. What makes this sad is that even if you could somehow convince people they would not accept or would not care. Even if it was a news article i think people would go into denial. Give us back our Guns and Pitbulls Id rather defend myself then rely on our GOVT.

port arthur not perpetrated by bryant. the guy was a fuck-up, not a precision killing machine.

without even looking at any of the evidence, the port arthur massacre was an obvious set up, only because of the politcal ends of disarming the public. It all becomes self evident.

Another suicide bombing? another agenda, another terrorist attack, another war? first lets see what satanic ritual sacrifices are celebrated on the date? These people are sick with what they believe, listening to voices in their head and all that, so why the fuck do we listen to them? we are their accomplices to everything they do.

I feel like doing that stupid 'free hugs' bullshit that was popular on youtube a while ago, it seems one of the better methods to ward of the demonic voices in all our heads when we are coerced into feeling downtrodden, oppressed, fearful and powerless by these machines/reptiles/whatever.

Fuck that shit! Fuck feeling bad! I'm not apathetic to the issues, I just realise that it is our emotional state of mind and expectations that allow the continuation of this exploitation. The War is a Psy-operation, us vs them persists as long as we see us AND them... as They would want us to :wink:

"What you resist, persists." - hence the need of the evil that controls us to provoke hatred and angst as a means of mental resistance which allows this evil to survive within us when we harbor feelings of resentment, revenge and the never quite achievable dream of enacting justice.

It is not a matter of ignoring what is wrong, but not dwelling on it and continuing on your merry way to do what you can that is good. pretty simple, otherwise you're hypnotised by them - that only exist as an adversary to you.

Forget this illusion and you can remember the unity of all being, you can help them help themselves by helping yourself help yourself.. <-- yes that makes perfect sense.

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Edited by The Dude

http://loveforlife.com.au/content/07/10/30/transcript-police-interview-martin-bryant

This is the police interview of martin Bryant, which was actually an illegal interview from the beginning when martin mentions a lawyer. Because he had an iq of 66 and was considered mentally disabled, the interview should have been stopped until a lawyer could be supplied the second he raised the issue of a laywer. Not allowing him to go to trial was also illegal, because of his mental capacity he should have automatically plead not guilty. His lawyer bragged about spending many hours with him convincing him to plead guilty. Even if it wasn't a set up (which it was) not giving him his trial or a lawyer that wasn't trying to coheret him was a disgrace!

In his interview he talks about never shooting glass bottles for aiming practice, because the broken glass could injure wild life and also claims to have never used his shoot gun because it scared him. And where supposed to believe this same man who has a iq of 66 and has no history of agressive behavior can walk into this cafe and in 90 seconds can shoot 20 people dead and injure 12 with 29 bullets, leaving one in the magazine.

The way the real shooter went out of his way to be seen was obivous. Can't remember the exact order, but the shooter stopped off at a service station to buy a lighter with a note and didn't wait for the change, then he goes to a general store to buy tomato sauce with 1 and 2 cent pieces, he stops off for fuel also and when he gets to the toll both at port artur he waits in line till he gets to the front then drives out of the line and goes to the back and waits again.

Also after the massacre reporters from the mercury (a rupert murdoch paper) actually distracted police that where watching martins house, while other reporters broke in to the house and stole a photo of Bryant. Two days after the shooting all the murdoch papers in Australia had martin bryants picture illegally splashed all over them. Which is why there were a few people that identified martin bryant as the shooter. The one person who saw the shooter and knew bryant, did not reconize martin as the shooter.

The thing that is really odd, is how Bryant in his police interview admits to a crime that never happend, it seems to grab 3 different small part of the massacre in to this hijacking that he admits to. He seems to suprise the police with what he knows, when the police ask him how he knows these things, he tells them that a doctor and security guard did. Clearly the doctor and security guard were planting memories into his head about the massacre (probably using psychedelic drugs). But instead of trying to plant the whole massacre into his head and make him believe that he killed all those people (which would take months, probably), why not just take different parts of the massacre turn it into one story that's a car hijack, which would be a lot easier to convince someone they did, rather than convince them they killed someone.

Could go on forever, the whole things fucked up.

Clearly the doctor and security guard were planting memories into his head about the massacre (probably using psychedelic drugs). But instead of trying to plant the whole massacre into his head and make him believe that he killed all those people (which would take months, probably), why not just take different parts of the massacre turn it into one story that's a car hijack, which would be a lot easier to convince someone they did, rather than convince them they killed someone.

Psychedelic drugs are not necessary to implant memories. Human cognition is full of biases and recurrent errors, many of them are quite useful, anyhow, it is really rather easy to implant memories because of, including many other factors, our suggestibility when it comes to memories. Nearly a hundred British prisoners had to let out of jail because of a counsellor/social worker apparently implanted memories of sexual abuse in a large number of children that sought counselling, the counsellor basically suggested that these children/adolescents had suppressed memories of sexual abuse, told them about scenario of sexual abuse that he suggested was similar to what happened to them. This scenario when repeated a number of times provided a false memory that seemed very very real to the adolescent.

This combined with Bryant's impaired intellectual abilities.......... Hmmmmm

at this point any Australians who haven't written to stephen conroy at least once (preferably more than once) to educate him on how far up his own arse his head seems to be please give each other a big pat on the head with a piece of 2 by 4 or the closest brick you can find. Job well done guys!

i did write, but i could say that any Australians stupid enough to think that writing to stephen conroy was going to change anything, (especially those who wrote more than once), please give each other a big pat on the head with a piece of 2 by 4 or the closest brick you can find. Job well done guys!

Edited by nabraxas

sounds like nazi germany.... wont be long before food is illegal.

Sad isn't it, A ban information.... what twisted world do we live in, no wonder we are all mostly depressed.

on the news we see people rioting and protesting when their government take away their freedoms, and we think they are just violent suckers. yet we allow them to do it with barely a letter written in protest...

even a letter, written 20 million times in a year sent to one person, can get a point across.

in australia, do you have some kind of constitution guaranteeing basic rights/freedoms (what is it called)? can laws be challenged that go against said constitution?

nothing

Edited by Quilliam

I'm no expert on it, by any means. But I'm fairly sure we can't challenge elected government policies the same as they can in the US.

If Australians had any rights that couldn't be taken away, then the NT intervention would have never have happened, books wouldn't be banned and they wouldn't be trying to censor the internet!

Apropos -

folks need to be reminded that if you have encrypted data on your computer and the authorities have 'probable cause' to believe that this data contains drug manufacturing instructions [and some other illegal content] you can be forced to reveal your password. Failure to do so can get you maximums of between 7 and 15 years jail depending on which state you are in.

Encryption is not as safe as many of you might assume. in fact it just gives people a false sense of security.

- check out this great comic at XKCD.

Australia has always been a police state ever since since Arther Phillip established the Gulag called Sydney in 1788. In the early years it was illegal to buy or sell anything without the governors permission but it didn't stop it happening. Not much has changed.

Its ironic but soon on ANZAC day Australians will celebrate young men being slaughtered invading turkey. "So that we can all be FREE".

Food is not illegal yet.

Of course, growing it is taken as pretty fine evidence of having a drug crop on premises, being unwilling to pay premium prices for an identical product as the generic is taken as a sign of neglect of your kids and as soon as your lawn is more than two inches tall, the police turn up at your house.

But food is not illegal yet.

Food is not illegal yet.

5 types of "energy drinks" have been banned in NSW's ............we are all safe now : )

"NSW has already been successful in removing five of these drinks from the market but this is a national problem because the drinks are manufactured and sold across Australia."

NSW leads on energy drink review

23 October 2009

The NSW Government has secured a national agreement to address the significant compliance problems with high-caffeine energy drinks, Minister for Primary Industries Ian Macdonald said today.

The Australia and New Zealand Food Regulation Ministerial Council meeting in Brisbane today agreed to a proposal championed by NSW to develop a national compliance plan.

"NSW has taken a strong leadership role on this issue and has already done a lot of work in assessing 85 energy drinks to determine their caffeine levels," Primary Industries Minister Ian Macdonald said.

"The NSW Government believes this is especially important and relevant in protecting the health and wellbeing of younger members of our community who tend to consume energy drinks.

"It’s simply unacceptable that these products, clearly marketed at youths, have appeared in the market so the Government has taken action," Mr Macdonald said.

Mr Macdonald said the NSW Food Authority had conducted a thorough investigation into energy drinks and found that 77 per cent of those on sale exceed the legal caffeine content limit.

"Some of these drinks exceed the legal limit by more than 30 per cent," Mr Macdonald said.

"NSW has already been successful in removing five of these drinks from the market but this is a national problem because the drinks are manufactured and sold across Australia.

"So I’m glad there was agreement among ministers to take a national, systematic approach to non-compliance in this rapidly expanding market.

The Ministerial Council meeting today also agreed that consideration of all the issues relating to so-called "energy drinks" raised by NSW should proceed.

The results of these investigations and potential solutions will be presented to the next Ministerial Council meeting.

"I am pleased that my ministerial counterparts agreed on a course of action across seven states and territories and New Zealand.

"This will mean that the Ministerial Council will be in a position to take appropriate action to address the potential health risks associated with consumption of these beverages," Mr Macdonald said.

Energy Drink - 4 dollars per unit. effects - minimal. side effect include car floor litter, and feelings of disappointment.

Carton of Beer - 1.70 per unit. effects - rambling, banging the ugly and dronelike behaviour. side effects include multiple vehicle incidents, domestic violence, illness and lost productivity.

Makes sense to ban energy drinks. Actually I think they should ban most of them as simply being frauds, if I wanted a carbonated red cordial with No Doz in the mix I can sort that out at home for a fraction of the cost.

Banning of books is not new, nor is it sensible. But it is rational from the standpoint of those in charge and easily passed off, ethically, as being synonymous with conspiracy to disrupt the peace.

Expecting civility from a government is normal, being surprised when they do not deliver is priceless.

I know this may upset some people, but, I was told by a friend a long time ago that Bryant was innocent of the port Arthur massacre. She had heard police recordings that the police had of people in the fire zone saying men in black were shooting people. Recently I looked into her claims, YouTUBE is rife with this stuff and this is one of the so called conspiracies. Their is a police tape and Bryant is talking to them and in the background you can hear a gunshot, he was on his home phone I think and the gunfire sounded distant. The Government Barry Unsworth NSW Prem only a little while before this had stated "Their will never be uniform gunlaws in Oz until we see a massacre in Tasmania???" or similar words. Bryant also says on the phone that he [one of the shooters] is taking out his own man and surely people when told two unknown gun men were found dead can peice this together. Bryant never had a real trial and he never pleaded guilty because there was no trial.....

There are some strange circumstances to Port Arthur for sure however I have personally met the couple who were shot at Port Arthur while in their car. They were fortunately not injured badly although 1 bullet skimmed the man's hand and blew it apart. High grade ammunition was used in the rifle and it did an enormous amount of damage. Like Oswald he didn't need to be a precision shot, just a good shot. You can believe it is a conspiracy, and possibly it was on some level, but the victims I met knew exactly who shot at them and it was indeed Martin Bryant.

Edited by botanika

There are some strange circumstances to Port Arthur for sure however I have personally met the couple who were shot at Port Arthur while in their car. They were fortunately not injured badly although 1 bullet skimmed the man's hand and blew it apart. High grade ammunition was used in the rifle and it did an enormous amount of damage. Like Oswald he didn't need to be a precision shot, just a good shot. You can believe it is a conspiracy, and possibly it was on some level, but the victims I met knew exactly who shot at them and it was indeed Martin Bryant.

Yeah, the offical story could have so much holes in it simply because the fire escape door in the cafe was broken and wouldn't open, which left a bunch of people who were trying to get out of the fire escape door bottle necked and left to be shot like fish in a barrel. The shooter was probably in the cafe for a lot longer and probably fired a lot more shots than claimed. Which probably would of left the Tasmanian government open to a very big law suit if it was ever admitted in court.

But at the end of the day martin bryants picture was splashed all over the news before the police interviewed the majority of wittnesses, he was forced to plead guilty and never had a trial. So in reality we will only ever know what rupert murdoch want's us to know about the port arthur massacre and that doesn't seem to bother anyone!

If you dare bring up the port arthur massacre to most people for any other reason except to say how evil martin bryant is, they act like your a mass murderer yourself, then you see that amotional savage anger form in there eyes and  that's when you lose them, no amount of basic logical reasoning will register with there common sense once that look appears in there eyes. 

It's the same situation with everything else that sugggests the western governments might not always be able to be trusted and are doig anything else but spreading freedom, peace and love all around the world.

Just makes me think how easy it would be for the government to pull things like this off (if they wanted to), because the majority of people just won't see it and even act violently against anyone that suggests there may be a dark side to the western governments.      

Yeah, the offical story could have so much holes in it simply because the fire escape door in the cafe was broken and wouldn't open, which left a bunch of people who were trying to get out of the fire escape door bottle necked and left to be shot like fish in a barrel. The shooter was probably in the cafe for a lot longer and probably fired a lot more shots than claimed. Which probably would of left the Tasmanian government open to a very big law suit if it was ever admitted in court.

But at the end of the day martin bryants picture was splashed all over the news before the police interviewed the majority of wittnesses, he was forced to plead guilty and never had a trial. So in reality we will only ever know what rupert murdoch want's us to know about the port arthur massacre and that doesn't seem to bother anyone!

If you dare bring up the port arthur massacre to most people for any other reason except to say how evil martin bryant is, they act like your a mass murderer yourself, then you see that amotional savage anger form in there eyes and that's when you lose them, no amount of basic logical reasoning will register with there common sense once that look appears in there eyes.

It's the same situation with everything else that sugggests the western governments might not always be able to be trusted and are doig anything else but spreading freedom, peace and love all around the world.

Just makes me think how easy it would be for the government to pull things like this off (if they wanted to), because the majority of people just won't see it and even act violently against anyone that suggests there may be a dark side to the western governments.

Maybe, but Martin Bryant was not innocent nor did he have a sound upbringing. One of the reasons you don't hear much about him in the press is simply to do with not giving him any sort of 'fame' or 'notoriety'. Both Murdoch and conspiracy theory media manipulate facts.

The majority of western governments around the world are in debt. That is the darkside of western power. Yes there are greedy players behind the scenes, there always have been, but there are also plenty of lone gunmen that can do crazy things.

Sorry to the OP if I have skewed this off topic.

Edited by botanika

^^^^ Hey no complaints here as to where the thread has gone. This was like my third post on here and Im surprised its still alive, hehehe. Carry on.