The Corroboree
Torsten

Major upgrade due

I have just booked a major version upgrade for this forum and the associated functions. With a bit of luck there won't be any disruption, however the upgrade will delete any modifications, colours and images, so things will look a bit weird for a few days. It's probably not a smart time to do the upgrade as I won't have much time between now and xmas to fix the cosmetic stuff, but I figured I'd get the upgrade out of the way before we get hacked or something. So please bear with me if things look unfamiliar for a little while.

So it's not going to look like this for long?

No teotz, didnt you read what T wrote? Its going to be like this from now on and eventually we will have lil pink dancing elephants that dance across the screen as you read different things. Sometimes it mite be avacados doing the dancing but that is only when T is playing hopscotch with the elephants.

No teotz, didnt you read what T wrote? Its going to be like this from now on and eventually we will have lil pink dancing elephants that dance across the screen as you read different things. Sometimes it mite be avacados doing the dancing but that is only when T is playing hopscotch with the elephants.

you just killed me, pass. Seriously. :lol:

These new colours are a bit anonymous.

But look at my warn status,outstanding!

Quite why i have attracted such hatred i do not know.

Edited by Garbage

Looks like my Suggestion has been taken on board, lol. Geez, I didn't realise how unclear I can be in a post. I can't even make sense of what I was saying, but I know what I meant lol.

i've noticed with the current setup we can vote a post up or down. if this will be a permanent feature, is it intended to make informative threads easier to find?

LMAO...I thought I had been tracked by a hack bot and transferred to some where else...when I first opened this morning.

hey where is the NEW POSTS button now...I can't see it anywhere and that's my favorite way of reading.

Top right View New Content

Top right View New Content

Got it..thanks Mac.

top-right, "view new content"

That would seem unlikely.

Can we keep this Linear Mode?

i didn't explain it properly. posts have a score of sorts now, with zero as the default. there appears to be buttons for voting the posts score either up or down. there was talk of this earlier in regards to being able to find the informative threads amongst the others when using the search function.

Woot :lol:

The search engine even seems to be working a little better, I did attempt to use the voting a post up/down but it told me i have reached my Quota of voting for the day :scratchhead:

Edited by mac

garbage, you got a warn point the other day for posting personal trivia in the news & notices forum. Also, this forum is always in linear mode unless google search sets it to nested. There are about 30 threads dealing with this issue, so I won't bother explaining it again.

The post/thread point scoring system has always been there, but was turned off. It was initially abused so I decided to remove it. Folks have been playing nice here lately so I might turn it back on.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I am not going to have a lot of time to fix the cosmetic stuff in the next couple of weeks, so it is going to be a slow process. I will endevour to make sure all functions work asap though. This upgrade was primarily to fix security issues and to take advantage of the many bugs that were fixed in this version.

Oh,i see.

Someone hated,it happens.

No, posting personal trivia is against the rules in the news forum.

I've got a question about the photos on the front page. Do they auto-load from any pic uploaded, or does a mod/admin approve them? Does a poster get asked if they want thier pic on the front page?

[edit] also celebrating my first year at the corroboree today.. and only two infraction points :) at this rate, I might just make it to the 2012 summer solstice

Edited by rogdog

the images happen by themselves. I presume it is the last few that were uploaded.

the images happen by themselves. I presume it is the last few that were uploaded.

This will cause a problem with not safe for work images then. I guess the new rule better be nothing potentially objectionable regarding pictures, even if they are tagged as NSFW

NSFW images are not permitted in the gallery anyway. Anyone entering the gallery should be able to do so without needing to worry about NSFW/NSFK images. Such images can be uploaded or posted into threads that are CLEARLY marked as such. No such warning mechanism exists in the gallery.

You really need to either change the colour scheme to match the banner or get a new banner. The earthy brown tones really clash with the overall blue feel of the rest of the forum

In my humble opinion of course

You really need to either change the colour scheme to match the banner or get a new banner. The earthy brown tones really clash with the overall blue feel of the rest of the forum

geez, did you read any of the above? I put the banner there so people won't freak out thinking they got lost. The rest will follow [the more silly questions I have to answer the longer it will take].

Brace yourself for another stupid question...Is there a way to set the subscription to only send out one email per topic until it is viewed again? I've been getting one email for each reply.

EDIT: Strangely though, it says this

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

in the emails.

Edited by ballzac

Y'all need to slow down with all the bullying over this update, give the man some time to set a few things, try out various colors and templates and code etc etc etc...having said that..smirk.gif The list of Icons could do with updating or adding some more fun ones, and the banner at the top is cool but where it says @shaman australis botanicals...that part should be lifted off the corroboree bit and placed between it and the end of the header over to the far right side were peoples avatars boxes sit, have the font side to side left to right instead of centered and over it's self...there is a big blank gap in between the two, and that is messing with my symmetrical self.

but no rush.. no rush.. I'm sure you have more important things to attend to than banners, like santiago's OCD, send the boy some phenibut will you.

The Nook recently had a banner change thread and people were encouraged to send in opinions and ideas, some even worked on the header..I only hand drew my version... and it's now new and improved and looks really nice.

Just like to report a feature that is a bit of a pain in the butt. The PM system is now grouping all pm's in a conversation together which is kinda handy, however one can no longer delete individual pm's from another person, instead you have to delete the whole conversation stream which kinda sux. You can delete your replies from the conversation but not a reply from the person your corresponding with.

Just thought I'd log it here for when you have time T :)